Work in Progress

1/43 On the Beach in greece

Posted by Challenger77 on 05 Jul 2024, 11:43

Something different. After I was unexpectedly invited to a club friend's 50th party and I didn't know what to bring, I came up with the crazy idea of ​​creating a scene from her vacation. So the more than arduous search for a MB T1 bus began. Nothing to be found, a rather rough toy was found at Toms in Holland and the drama began.
Here's the original vehicle

The children's toy, in a rough scale of 1/43

Disassembled, new roof, new interior with Kapaline panels, roof ribs and embossing added, doors "pimped up" with paneling and handles. The completely detailed dashboard with decals from the grab box and a bit of detailed paint.Luggage space or storage space under the lounger is filled with items from the grab box. Blankets made of tissue paper and cushions made of pieces of tissue, newspapers scanned and printed out, too small for my (actually good) printer to be able to read

Dogs from idontknowwhereandwho modified with Greenstuff spatula to resemble the real ones a little. 2 reasonably matching 3D Duck figures were also found, and the armchair and lounger were made from leftover car seats. Supplemented, yes, wrong scale, with bottles and glasses

Styrofoam board fitted into a picture frame, first test to see if everything fits together and what it looks like with LED light, background photo put together from 2 internet finds and printed on acrylic. Processed with AK Beachsand, painted wet in wet with various light brown color mixtures

first layer of AK resin tinted with acrylic paint...

...the second, lighter layer...

...and the final, 3rd, almost completely colorless layer.

The end product, with small waves and a bit of "vegetables", doesn't look bad at all, in any case the celebrator had a lot of fun with it

Challenger77  Austria

Posted by Rich W on 07 Jul 2024, 05:22

What a magnificent scene you have created. The details you have managed to include really make this. I’m sure the recipient was delighted and this is certainly a more special gift than a bottle of wine!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by C M Dodson on 07 Jul 2024, 07:34

Harry, you are a genius in the mold of Mr Crynns.

That opening shot is what modellers dream of. It looks so real that you are convinced it is.

Modelling nivarna !

Best wishes ,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Santi Pérez on 07 Jul 2024, 20:02

I never cease to be amazed by your ability to carry out several projects at the same time, Challenger77, especially considering the excellent quality and dedication you apply to each one of them. :drool: :drool: :drool:

This one is truly superb, as is the detailed photo report. Great work! :love: :love: :love:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Peter on 11 Jul 2024, 21:29

Wonderful made present! I like all the details that you added! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Work in Progress