Gallery

Storme Coffee - King Boudewijn 1 of Belgium

Posted by Peter on 10 Jun 2024, 22:22

Storme coffee figure, King Boudewijn 1 from Belgium. Base was broken so that was a good reason to paint this figure. Size is 54 mm.

Some more pictures here: https://peterscave.blogspot.com/2024/06 ... ijn-i.html

Thanks for watching! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Ochoin on 11 Jun 2024, 10:12

Hi, Peter,
your figure is so life-like. It could be an actual photo of the gentleman.
A promotional gift? Could you please fill in about Storme Coffee?

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Santi Pérez on 12 Jun 2024, 13:33

Peter, you have achieved a very fine portrait of the Belgian king Boudewijn I (Balduino in Spanish and Baldwin in English), whose wife and queen consort was the Spanish aristocrat Fabiola de Mora y Aragón. ;-)

I also have since years ago a metal figure from Andrea Miniatures representing in 54mm the emeritus King of Spain Juan Carlos I. Another of my projects that I hope to be able to paint sometime in the future, although maybe by then I will convert his head to represent the current King Felipe VI. :mrgreen:

(This is a picture from the Andrea Miniatures website, as they also sell the painted figure. Mine is unpainted). :tongue:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Peter on 16 Jun 2024, 21:57

Ochoin wrote:Hi, Peter,
your figure is so life-like. It could be an actual photo of the gentleman.
A promotional gift? Could you please fill in about Storme Coffee?

donald

Hey Donald thank you! Here is the wiki page of this King of Belgium.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baudouin_of_Belgium

It was in fact some kind of promotinal gift. When you bought their coffee you could collect stamps and with those you could get the figures. It's hard to find the right information about this collection of historical (Belgian) figures. In France (and maybe in other countries) they had figures from the coffee brand Mokarex. They were in bronze plastic.
Here you can see some more pictures: Storme figures.

Santi Pérez wrote:Peter, you have achieved a very fine portrait of the Belgian king Boudewijn I (Balduino in Spanish and Baldwin in English), whose wife and queen consort was the Spanish aristocrat Fabiola de Mora y Aragón. ;-)

I also have since years ago a metal figure from Andrea Miniatures representing in 54mm the emeritus King of Spain Juan Carlos I. Another of my projects that I hope to be able to paint sometime in the future, although maybe by then I will convert his head to represent the current King Felipe VI. :mrgreen:

(This is a picture from the Andrea Miniatures website, as they also sell the painted figure. Mine is unpainted). :tongue:

Santi.

@Santi: thank you! And you're well informed! :yeah: I hope to see your King painted one day. Why not buying a second one for the conversion? ;-) :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Santi Pérez on 19 Jun 2024, 18:04

Peter wrote:...Why not buying a second one for the conversion? ;-) :thumbup:

Not bad idea, Peter. I would consider it if it weren't for the high price of the original figure (plus VAT and shipping costs). :shock:

https://www.andrea-world.com/es/1/catalogo-miniaturas-andrea/115/soldados-de-espana/446/kse-020-sm-el-rey-d-juan-carlos.html

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Return to Gallery