Members

Hello I'm gowan

Posted by Gowan on 20 Dec 2011, 05:34

Ok I've been here for a few days but I thought that it was time I introduced myself. My full name is Gowan James Ditchburn the reason for telling you my full name is that Gowan has some important meaning but thats for another time. :nono:

Well who am I and where do I come from I was born in England in Swindon a huge town in Whiltshere. I am now living in New Zealand in a small town called Waiuku, which means in Maori (the native language of New Zealand) Water, Wai, white clay/ soap, uku.
I have a few passions in my life the first one is obviously 1/72 scale moddeling :cheers: , but I also like fantacy :mrgreen: . I am an aspirring architect and do like drawing :-D . Some of you may have already noticed on my blog and in the projects that I'm working on a story for and RPG* and also a map :-) . Now I know many of you have no interest or time for this petty foreign type of hobby but please accept that this is what I do :roll: . In fact it is the only thing stopping me from writting a novel and forgetting my little plastic army that took me so long to build up and paint :( . I unfortunately cannot seem to be able to concentrait on a single topic/genre long enough to write a whole novel, really only enough for a short story. :cry: so for all of you who do not like all this writting and cartography please bear with me ;-) Continue to follow my blog and post comments.

You know what maybe in the future I will be able to write a novel and paint some figs or "Bods" to quote Paul who I must admite enspired me to start my blog. :cheers: Oh and if you were wondering how someone who liked writting and drawing, My origional, passions got into modelling well I always liked making stories and illistrating them with painted figs I can act out the stories I make visualy. So there You have it... Oh and I like spanish :lol:

*I do role playing games not rocket propeled grenades... If you want a rocket propelled grenade please talk to a taleban mamber near you :lol:
Gowan  

Posted by Winttrix on 20 Dec 2011, 06:49

Welcome, man of many interests :eh:
Winttrix  United States of America

Posted by Zed1 on 20 Dec 2011, 08:03

Welcome to the forum!

For me - and I guess all the others, too - you may paint Trilobites, as long as they're in 1/72. :evil:
So why not create a fantasy scenario? Sounds interesting for me. I've played tabletop RPG for quite a long time and I'm currently working on a history novel - so you're not alone here with all your different interests. I have heared the sentence 'I'd like to write a book one day but I'm currently only capable of writing short stories' from many people on this board. ;-)
Zed1  Germany

Posted by Susofrick on 20 Dec 2011, 10:25

I built a fantasy world, painted loads of figures, Prince August's Mithril, Games Workshop (for personalities), different 1/72 brands (for the armies), made maps, timelines, lists of rulers, lands, cities, creatures, a short story, really a lot. Then I found Benno's and settled down a bit. Maybe I'll start again with my fantasy armies. Great to see that there are more folks just as crazy as me! :-D And a huge welcome! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Paul on 20 Dec 2011, 11:07

Nice to be thought of as an inspiration :-D
great to see you here Gowan :thumbup: :thumbup:

Zed1 wrote: I have heared the sentence 'I'd like to write a book one day but I'm currently only capable of writing short stories' from many people on this board. ;-)

You too writing a book?? :-D
Paul  China

Posted by ColeF on 20 Dec 2011, 14:21

Bienvenido Gowan! ;-)
ColeF  United States of America

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Zed1 on 20 Dec 2011, 17:34

Zed1 wrote: You too writing a book?? :-D

Yes I am - I'm currently somewhere around page 300 which is supposed to be aroung 60% of the whole thing. :-)
Zed1  Germany

Posted by Cuchulainn on 20 Dec 2011, 23:50

Welcome Gowan :-D ... (I do know the meaning of your name in Irish but won't tell) ;-)
Cuchulainn  United States of America

Posted by zzed on 21 Dec 2011, 02:05

we don't really care if you are making rocket propelled grenades

welcome :-D
zzed  Croatia

Posted by Dad's Army on 21 Dec 2011, 06:11

Welcome on Our forum.
I will put your introduction in the introduction topic next week!
Nice blog with some good paintwork on it :thumbup:
Lets hope you will share all your work here on Bennos as well
And dont forget to vote and even better participate on our duels and paintingcompetitions.
Have fun over here.
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Gowan on 23 Dec 2011, 01:54

Dad's Army wrote:Welcome on Our forum.
I will put your introduction in the introduction topic next week!
Nice blog with some good paintwork on it :thumbup:
Lets hope you will share all your work here on Bennos as well
And dont forget to vote and even better participate on our duels and paintingcompetitions.
Have fun over here.

I'll try not to forget to vote and/or participate in the duels :mrgreen: . Thanks to all for such a great welcome I feel a little flattered. :oops:
@ Cuchulainn if you can't say oppenly what Gowan means in Irish you can just send me a PM but if you think it would offend me don't worry you don't have to send one, and I'm not easily offended. :thumbup:
Gowan  

Posted by Cuchulainn on 23 Dec 2011, 02:08

Sent you a PM. I knew people with the name McGowan when I was growing up. Possibly you have an alternate meaning other than the Irish one. :-)
Cuchulainn  United States of America

Posted by Gowan on 23 Dec 2011, 23:31

Wow I never knew My name ment something You learn something new every day :mrgreen: . But I don't think that it is Irish. The name Gowan or earlier Gowen has been passed down mostly from father to son for >500 years :drool: The funny thing is that I can't trace my family back that far :lol: But what I do know is that I am decended from a Norman Knights who recieved a bit of land after the conquest of 1066. The land was called Ditchburn-which means a ditch with a small stream running through it :( so he was not that important. So from there he took his family name and It has remained a small family all that time, as it is the only one. :-) One thing I can guess about him was that he was loyal and strong as he received land right on the boarder with scotland, and you only put people there who you can rely on to stop the scotts :poke:
Gowan  

Posted by dykio on 24 Dec 2011, 01:19

Welcome aboard :thumbup:
dykio  Netherlands

Return to Members