Miniatures Talk

Kozak miniatures

Posted by Bessiere on 03 Dec 2023, 21:11

Before you buy these I wanted to tell you of my experience with these models in 1/72 scale. Like many of you I was super excited to see various units previously unavailable or were available but just not terribly good. I can only speak of the units I purchased which included Sappers, Guard Engineers, Guard mounted Grenadiers and Guard Chasseurs a cheval w/ pelisse. Upon arrival I was disappointed to find many small bit broken off; bayonets, sword, sheathes, plumes and carbines. Out of 18 Guard Chasseur a Cheval: 8 plumes, 4 carbines, 2 scabbards, 1 bugle, 1 standard were broken. Out of 36 Guard Engineers 13 bayonets, 6 plumes, 2 scabbards arrived busted.
There are also other issues that may deter you, for example both the cavalry types are missing the portmanteau having only a rolled blanket instead. No crupper on rear of horses. The standard pole has no handle to attach to the riders crossbelt, the officer has a single pistol pouch instead of double. The Guard grenadiers have no aiguillettes. A Sappeur holding 2 pistols has no holsters. These are just the missing bits from the 4 types I ordered. While nice designs a bit more work could have made these truly first class but given the problems I list you may want to inspect these closely before buying.
Adrian at USWargamer has been excellent to deal with and done his best to satisfy my concerns. I know Spiera also offers these figures and I just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
Cheers,
Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Bessiere on 04 Dec 2023, 01:53

Its WargamerUS, not USwargamer,

Posted by Zed1 on 04 Dec 2023, 07:35

Hi there!
I made a test-buy two months ago and ordered polish infantry and chasseurs a cheval. Delivery came from Kazachstan - together with customs fee I payed more for postal service and taxes then the total cost of the figures. But that's a thing a larger quantity of figures would have weight out.

I can agree - when the delivery arrived, many plumes had broken off, especially on the chasseurs, where no plume was left intact. Several scabbards where also broken. I found it nearly impossible to fix that even with the strongest superglue, because the contact space is way too tiny.

I sent them a notice better to ship their figures within the printing grid or put them into cotton whool.

The poles and the chasseurs look quite nice and are sculpted well. But the saddlery has it's accuracy flaws and as most printed figures, these chaps are very smooth in concern of folds etc., so it's a bit challenging to bring depth into them.
Zed1  Germany

Posted by Bessiere on 04 Dec 2023, 15:14

Yes! I completely agree and relayed the same idea about shipping to the supplier. You are Sascha, correct? I've seen your Polish figures posted over on facebook I believe. Superb work. Sad so many details are left out and I've had no luck gluing back plumes, bayonets or swords for the reasons you stated. A bit of adjustment and they could be first class figures but some parts I think could break just by looking at them.
Cheers,
Bessiere

Posted by Kekso on 06 Dec 2023, 15:25

As far as I know, Kozak produces STL's for 3d printing. Major problem is packing and transport. Most of parts break in that phase. So many thin and tiny details are so fragile if printed in 1/72. But you shouldn't be happy for that. Personally, I would never print 1/72 figures for money and abovementioned is the reason.
Solution might be in different 3d printing resin (stronger and/or more elastic).

Regardingd Speira, I've bought few 1/72 figures from them. All figures came undamaged. Only damage I've made is my own fault.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Bessiere on 06 Dec 2023, 18:37

After starting to paint I just noticed there are no sheepskin saddle cloths. wow, ridiculous.

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Zed1 on 06 Dec 2023, 19:53

Yes, I'm Sascha. Those Poles are really nice, but a bit too smooth in structure. Plus the horses are relatively small - which is so far alright for light cavalry. And yes, I made the same mistake: the chasseurs a cheval have spiked saddlecloth without sheepskin as well. Which is quite a shame because it largely limits the paintable units.
Zed1  Germany

Return to Miniatures Talk