Miniatures Talk

Strelets

Posted by elegantmess on 29 Aug 2023, 17:34

Is anyone else having trouble with the Strelets website?
elegantmess  United States of America

Posted by Peter on 29 Aug 2023, 17:45

elegantmess wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with the Strelets website?

It's not working for me neither. :(
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 30 Aug 2023, 07:37

I can't reach them either. As I understand it they have the business-side in the UK so the ongoing war shouldn't affect the homepage. Or have I misunderstood something?
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Minuteman on 30 Aug 2023, 09:18

I think that the Strelets site has been down for more than a week. It may be that the 'old' site is being re-vamped, although with the continuing situation in their home country, it would be understandable if re-doing the website was some way down the priority list.
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Rich W on 30 Aug 2023, 23:15

Their website stopped being updated once the invasion started. I'm guessing their webmaster went off to join the defence? So potentially the licensing or something else to do with keeping the website 'alive' has not happened in the 18 months, resulting in the website disappearing? Just my own suggestion.

What's more worrying is that the owner (?) who kept the forum so updated, even in such tough times, has now not posted in two months. Perhaps they've gone to join their comrades in defending their country, or perhaps something else has happened...either way, I do have the worry that Strelets won't come back, which I think would be the beginning of the end of 1/72 figures in plastic. I hope I'm proved wrong though!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Minuteman on 31 Aug 2023, 11:43

Rich W wrote:I do have the worry that Strelets won't come back, which I think would be the beginning of the end of 1/72 figures in plastic. I hope I'm proved wrong though!

The demise of Strelets owing to the war in Ukraine has to be a possibility, although I hope very much that this will not be an outcome of this unfortunate conflict.

The Strelets website has been in an un-maintained state for some time, and it would be helpful if anyone from Strelets - or who knows of their business affairs - might give us some information?

As for the possible future of 1/72 plastics? Well, if there is a market then these will continue, although there is no doubt that a combination of other scales offering more and greater choice - notably 28mm plastics perhaps (although more expensive) might one day replace 1/72. But let's bear in mind that our scale remains hugely popular amongst modellers of both aircraft and military vehicles.
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Bessiere on 01 Sep 2023, 04:36

If such a horrible event as the shutting down of Strelets (or any manufacturer) were to happen it did occur to me that they might be able to recover financially by scanning some of their existing figures and selling the STL files for printing. Some of the more popular could even be cleaned up for printing at larger scale. Just a thought anyway, we certainly hope everyone at Strelets is ok and things can return to normal life again soon.
Cheers,
Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Peter on 15 Sep 2023, 18:28

It looks as the forum works: http://pub33.bravenet.com/forum/static/ ... =6&msgid=0

Website ?????
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by steve_pickstock on 15 Sep 2023, 19:11

The forum is indeed active, less so from the company but from active fans.
steve_pickstock  England

Return to Miniatures Talk