Gallery

Sherden Guard

Posted by XbriX on 15 Jul 2024, 10:54

Another batch of Bronze Age figures from Caesar. This time Sherden warriors in Egyptian service. Thanks to a pretty uniform look and simple colour pallet, I've managed to get twelve of them done in a single weekend. Overall, this might be the best example of 1/72 sculpting I've had the pleasure of painting. The head-to-body proportions are very realistic and overall size is near perfect. I think they will be a good base for comparing sizes of other sculpts. This gentlemen may just be a Vitruvian Man of 1/72 figures :-D . Enjoy the photos!

XbriX  Poland

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 15 Jul 2024, 12:10

Yeah those Caesar sculpts are great. The overall use of brown as a shade works very well for a gritty, grounded take on these, nice!
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by Santi Pérez on 15 Jul 2024, 13:27

XbriX wrote:...Overall, this might be the best example of 1/72 sculpting I've had the pleasure of painting. The head-to-body proportions are very realistic and overall size is near perfect. I think they will be a good base for comparing sizes of other sculpts. This gentlemen may just be a Vitruvian Man of 1/72 figures...

I totally agree with you, XbriX. This was one of the first sets I got from Caesar Miniatures and I was amazed by its perfection. No wonder it got a score of 49 out of 50 in the PSR review. :drool:

And the paintjob you have done on them is once again as fantastic as on your previous Bronze Age figures. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Peter on 15 Jul 2024, 21:27

Fantastic paintjob on these figures! They are very nice figures indeed. :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Kekso on 29 Jul 2024, 16:01

I like them a lot. I wish for a bit sharper pictures.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Return to Gallery