Gallery

1/72 Constantine XI Palaiologos

Posted by syh on 25 Feb 2024, 06:35

This is a work about Constantine XI when he was in the siege of Constantinople,1453

The statue of Mary might makes people feel strange, even though Byzantine accepted the union with Catholic Church, in case of the coming threat of Ottoman empire and many others, the statue appears on emperor's table seems still kind of unacceptable. I was only going to show that the GOD might abandoned the city and emperor(or Catholic Church betrayed them? That's an interesting view, have to say I barely notice that until a facebook friend told my so, he makes this work more discussable, thanks for that) , that's why the statue turns it back to the emperor. If the statue makes anyone feel bad, I feel deeply sorry.
So I make an icon,too, sadly I cannot finish it because I have to going back to school.

Again, hope you like it!
syh  China

Posted by sberry on 25 Feb 2024, 08:55

Great work!
It is an interesting, unusual topic, and the way you have realized it is very impressive! I always admire painters who can work so accurately.
sberry  Germany

Posted by Ben90 on 25 Feb 2024, 18:03

Looks fantastic! Sculpting and paintjob are top notch!!!
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by Michael Robert on 26 Feb 2024, 19:18

Yes, Syh, I like it...
It is again a fantastic creation, modelling, painting, and the painted floor :shock: , all the painted details. I think you can make a living with such figures if you make them bigger.
It is always very inspiring to me. Very glad that you show them here
Greeting
Michael
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by MABO on 01 Mar 2024, 22:29

Another really impressive creation. I think you should not worry about a small statue. Religion is quite dubious.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Santi Pérez on 21 Mar 2024, 18:39

Michael Robert wrote:...It is again a fantastic creation, modelling, painting, and the painted floor :shock: , all the painted details. I think you can make a living with such figures if you make them bigger.
It is always very inspiring to me. Very glad that you show them here...

I couldn't agree more with all of Michael's views, syh. I'm especially impressed with the precise paintwork of the floor decoration. :love: :notworthy: :love: :notworthy: :love: :notworthy:

My deepest respects, sir!

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 20 Apr 2024, 22:03

Nice piece of art! :love:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Gallery