Gallery

Battle of the angrivarian wall - part 1

Posted by Chariobaude on 06 Jan 2024, 15:31

I'm trying to NOT my slave of my (our!) hobby by having too much projects...
So basically i have my huge one (the late roman army in Gaul, approximatively 2500 figs now), my belisarius project (wich will have a serious boost thanks to linear A !), an another one on the Bonaparte expedition in Egypt (already hundreds of minis painted but not a single photo), a little side project for skimirshing during the urkrainian-russian war and of course my early medival armies in italy, one of the city of Luccaand the pope's one.

But sometimes i can't resist, and while i was waiting for the justinian range to expand, i saw the magnicient EIR army of PhilC and the linear sets on the teutoburg disaster, and i decided to sart an another project, the armies of Germanicus and Arminius.
It is a project i had with my eight years old son, so for once i put on my website almost only pictures in a "comic strip" mind, in order to depict the revenge of the roman legions against arminius after Teutoburg.
We aready made the first part, you can see with all its images here.
I need to paint some more germans and romans (especially the new ballista and scorpio for Linear -again that brand, luckily we have it !), but the core of the armies are already done.
Here some glimple of our comic strip ! :
Chariobaude  France

Posted by C M Dodson on 06 Jan 2024, 18:58

Truly something very special here.

The painting is fantastic and so is the scenery.

You have brought them to life.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by PhilC on 06 Jan 2024, 20:14

Excellent Roman army, maybe your best so far! As said above, the scenery is also very well done - not to mention the pictures. Your infantry column walking through the city is incredible! Are all the buildings hand made, including the arc of triumph ? Great, great work.
And thanks to your post, I've realized that I am years late on your blog... your pictures of Belisarius army are also wonderful - I'm looking forward to watching the last Linear troops among them.
And last but not least, your Medieval Italian armies are highly interesting, I'll probably take some inspiration there.
Thank you for all your excellent work!
PhilC  Europe

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Bill Slavin on 07 Jan 2024, 21:17

Yes, I agree! Really lovely painting on these figures and I like the comic strip approach on your blog. The Roman buildings are terrific! Your son must be having a lot of fun with this as well.
Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Michael Robert on 08 Jan 2024, 15:01

Stunning! So great painting and modelling! And research! Chariobaude
I love the colours and contrasts in painting and the modelling of the Roman town - the street scene. Like cinema.
When all the new offfers from Linear-A will be out, you'll find yourself in 7th modelling heaven.
Greetings
Michael
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Santi Pérez on 09 Jan 2024, 20:21

Beautiful images, Chariobaude, I especially like the ones of the Roman army marching through the town. :love: :love: :love:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 25 Jan 2024, 22:54

Wonderful painted army! And I love how you painted the armor! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Gallery