Work in Progress

Pyrrhus

Posted by Howlin on 29 Mar 2021, 08:52

thank you, I will give them a try, been using a variety of tamiya metal colors but the one they call bronze is very dark. and gold just looks so gold.
Howlin  United States of America

Posted by Ochoin on 29 Mar 2021, 09:15

Howlin wrote:thank you, I will give them a try, been using a variety of tamiya metal colors but the one they call bronze is very dark. and gold just looks so gold.

Real bronze does go from shiny-bright to quite dark in time (& then to green) - but I'm sure you know this.
You may notice I went from shiny, to less shiny, to darker as the bronze got lower.
So how much time & effort was spent polishing up an elephants' doo-dads? In reality, my guess is 'not much'.

But (& it's a big one) I'm not necessarily painting reality so if it looks good, use bright!

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Ochoin on 29 Mar 2021, 09:18

OwenChpw wrote:Fantastic painting Donald! May I ask where you sourced your painting guide from? t.

You'll laugh: Y12 Art classes. It taught me about compatible & contrasting colours. AFAIK there's no period guide. I'm not even sure how much the Zvevda elephants are pure fantasy. So I painted the accoutrements to look nice.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by ToneTW on 29 Mar 2021, 09:29

Fantastic work Donald, Pyrrhic army is always and interesting one and nice to see some lovely NL pikemen painted up :thumbup:
ToneTW  United Kingdom

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 02 Apr 2021, 05:18

Ochoin wrote:
You'll laugh: Y12 Art classes. It taught me about compatible & contrasting colours. AFAIK there's no period guide. I'm not even sure how much the Zvevda elephants are pure fantasy. So I painted the accoutrements to look nice.

donald

Oh, I thought that book you have in the background was the guide (it appears to have a drawing of an elephant.)

Well, it all looks very nice to me! Must be the painter's intuition.
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress