Work in Progress

Paris 1625 and the Great Old Ones rise!

Posted by steve_pickstock on 11 Aug 2024, 22:01

Just to let you all know that this is still going on.

I've not been able to take photographs< I've just been getting on with it. So far I have painted a shoggoth, a demon, 6 winged horrors, 2 lots of 12 lizard warriors (Lovecraft's serpent men), another 6 lizard archers, and I have another 6 waiting for paint. One lot of 6 Red Box Pharonic undead, 12 Caesar Skeleton warriors, 12 more of their clear plastic (glow-in-the-dark) skeletons, and 6 more of the same set as elite undead. various statues and assorted personalities - most of which you have seen already.

Oh and the three lizard men riding tyrannosaurs.

This weekend I greened all the bases and took them outside to give them a quick spray of matt varnish from a rattle can.

Yeah.

It was all going so well up to this point...

But the varnish went all dusty on me and I was onto remedial work. A coat of acrylic matt varnish seems to have turned the trick, and opened an opportunity to use some washes.

So, I'm continuing and will post some images soon.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by steve_pickstock on 14 Aug 2024, 17:48

So, I finally got my act together and took some pictures of the work I have done so far. It wasn't the best situation, the lighting is poor, but it did give me a chance to sort through it, see what damage the varnish issue has done and what still needs to be done.

So first off, the group shot
At the very back from left to right various statues, including the Black Sphinx; Winged Horrors, and the Mini Squid Face Demon.
Cold Ones - Lizard Man riders on toy Dinosaurs (Dinosaur King Models - they were purple originally)
Next to the Cold Ones some more statues, the Shoggoth, just in front of them some character models, and then six Caesar Miniatures lizard man archers.
The next row forward Caesar Skeletons, Red Box Tomb Kings, 12 Caesar Lizards and the another 12 Lizards.
In front of the Tomb Kings some clear plastic glow-in-the-dark (seriously) Undead, and at bottom left another unit of skeletons but this time the clear plastic ones.

I have had these last models for years (and didn't know they were glow-in-the-dark, anyway dead easy to get ready, just get the bases done and that's it.

Some tableaux pictures.

Thanks for looking in.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by Susofrick on 15 Aug 2024, 10:22

Follow this with great interest!

Gunnar
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Ochoin on 16 Aug 2024, 00:41

I guess our hobby is one of imagination. This project is 'imagination' on steroids.
Great work.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by dms on 16 Aug 2024, 13:49

You are such a big kid.I love your fantasy very much.
dms  Europe

Posted by Bill Slavin on 16 Aug 2024, 13:58

So this is a very fun project. I love it!
Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Aug 2024, 17:54

i Love it all. :thumbup:
Thankfully imagination knows no bounds,
especially where everything is concerned. :coffee: BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Santi Pérez on 16 Aug 2024, 21:40

Fantastic display, Steve, both the figures and the buildings. Seeing the quantity and quality of lizards, skeletons, zombies and other horror creatures, I wouldn't bet on the French musketeers and swordsmen winning. :mrgreen:

By the way, my favourites are the dinosaurs and their riders, they look great. :love:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Rich W on 17 Aug 2024, 07:48

Great update Steve!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 24 Aug 2024, 22:28

Me giving you ideas? Now you made curious! :eh:

I like the outcome here! Very nice painted figures and I support the Musketeers! :mrgreen: :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress