Visited Events

smc veldhoven 2023

Posted by dykio on 19 Oct 2023, 19:55

Hi guys,

I have been to the (very crowded) smc. Lots of cool stuff but almost all in the "wrong" scale, I must confess that i was quite happy with that couse it kept me from buying more stuff :-D But i did have the chance to have a nice chat with imho one of the masters in our hobby mr Cryns. And i also saw his ships "life". And these are really small pieces of art :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Hopefully next year some more of the benno-members will visit the smc and we can meet up there :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

There was offcourse lots and lots more to see so no more talking....well typing....but : pictures

dykio  Netherlands

Posted by Peter on 20 Oct 2023, 11:37

Wonderfull! :love: Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by k.b. on 21 Oct 2023, 00:22

Wow …….. it looks like a tremendous event dykio. I find it extremely comforting to see just how many entrants there were in the painting competition.

What most caught my attention were those amazing little ships/boats of Mr Cryns………. They look fabulous. And despite not being a fantasy /sci-fi buff there are some incredible large sci-fi dioramas and the Gotham City setting is magic.

Thank you good sir for posting this report….. wish I’d been there.

Ps/ And the dainty little food truck is splendid and deserves a special mention too. Loved it!
k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Rich W on 21 Oct 2023, 01:00

Great photos, thanks for sharing!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by PatrickJ71 on 21 Oct 2023, 15:46

I've been at SMC too last week and I must agree with Dykio: there was a lot of people over there.
Indeed there was not that much in our beloved 1/72nd scale but anyway: I felt like a little kid in a toy store.

First picture of Mr. Cryns fantastic boats/ships. He was busy with a customer and thought to come back later to have a chat. But I underestimated the time I needed to see everything and failed to get back. Sorry to Mr. Cryns. I can assure everyone that in real life his boats/ships are even more awesome than the pictures we've seen on this forum.

And below some more pictures I made with my phone. Sorry for the sometimes poor quality of the pictures.

It's unbelievable how many people can make such beautiful figures, busts, vignettes or diorama's.
On the one hand it humbles you and seeing all this marvellous stuff sometimes makes you doubt yourself. On the other hand it is extremely inspiring and gives you an impetus to improve yourself.
The same thing can be said about all that marvellous stuff we often see here on the forum.
About the latter: I can only thank you all for that.

kind regards,
Patrick
PatrickJ71  Belgium

Posted by Dad's Army on 23 Oct 2023, 21:56

Thanks for sharing.
I was to busy to go this year, and must say the amount of entries in the competition is to much every year at tge SMC, just to much to see, great show. Well maybee next time I will join again!
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 24 Oct 2023, 12:15

Thank you for sharing this with us Patrick! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Crynsminiaturen on 30 Oct 2023, 09:40

Thank you so much dear Dykio and Patrick for the wonderful words and nice pictures.

Dykio it was my pleasure to see you again (after 5 years) and meet your wife too.
Patrick I am sorry we missed each other. Now you are still a mysterieman to me.

PatrickJ71 wrote:thought to come back later to have a chat. But I underestimated the time I needed to see everything and failed to get back.

Very recognizable. We'll meet next time.

Kindest regards from Cryns
Crynsminiaturen  Netherlands

Supporting Business (Pro) Supporting Business (Pro)

Return to Visited Events