Miniatures News

modern russian from Alex in metal

Posted by guilhem on 28 Nov 2022, 18:42

Hello, I love the figures of Alex miniature. But for war game they are to fragiles. I buy some Alex figure's, to convert them for war game (new riffle, new position sometimes).
Alex and me have one agreement. I will produce them for me first, and also for sale.
If you want them you can send me one message.
I will send the picture of the figures when they will be mould in metal.

guilhem  France

Posted by Searcher2 on 14 Dec 2022, 22:19

Hello gilhem,

I'm new here and I hope you'll allow me to ask a few questions about the post (...late November 2022...) Alexminiatures.
I got a tip from someone who stumbled across this forum.
I, too, have recently become interested in Alexminiatures, but before I could purchase any other items, this senseless war began...
Since then it has been very difficult, if not impossible, to obtain these items.
As I understand from your report, do you know Alexander Gusev personally?
do you sell too?
Do you only have figurines or other items from Alex?

I'm asking for a specific reason and would really appreciate an answer...

regards

Searcher2
Searcher2  Germany

Posted by Santi Pérez on 15 Dec 2022, 20:10

Great figures, guilhem, and welcome to the forum, Seacher2. :thumbup:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by guilhem on 15 Dec 2022, 23:14

Searcher2 you can find the alex miniature product here*
https://www.martola.com.pl/oferta/en469/p509
This polish compagny is working with Alexminiature.
You can send them one email to know when the figures will be avaible.
guilhem  France

Posted by k.b. on 16 Dec 2022, 00:13

I question if this thread is appropriate in light of the tragic and appalling events that are taking place in the Ukraine right now.
k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Bluefalchion on 16 Dec 2022, 12:11

Well this is a figure forum. And figures from ongoing conflicts have been featured, modeled, displayed and discussed for the length of its life--Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Palestine and Ukraine since 2014.

Each of those conflicts have been equally appalling to those involved, yet the hobby interest did not dissipate.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 16 Dec 2022, 16:25

k.b. wrote:I question if this thread is appropriate in light of the tragic and appalling events that are taking place in the Ukraine right now.

As long we discuss about the figures (and not the conflict!) there is no problem. ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Bessiere on 16 Dec 2022, 20:26

k.b. wrote:I question if this thread is appropriate in light of the tragic and appalling events that are taking place in the Ukraine right now.

Our hobby brings people together in our shared interest and borders only seem to matter when it comes to shipping costs. Wonderful thing isn't it that no matter where we might be from we can share our work.
Best of luck getting those figures you so desire,
Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Bessiere on 16 Dec 2022, 20:32

double post. :oops:

Posted by Santi Pérez on 16 Dec 2022, 21:04

Bessiere wrote:...Our hobby brings people together in our shared interest and borders only seem to matter when it comes to shipping costs. Wonderful thing isn't it that no matter where we might be from we can share our work...

Well said, Bessiere. I totally agree with you. :thumbup:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Searcher2 on 16 Dec 2022, 22:05

Hello Gilhem,

Many thanks for the answer.

I know the dealer Martola and have already written to him.
The problem is that the dealers (...worldwide...) who carry the Alexminiatures brand only have small remaining items.
Due to the sanctions (...which is also understandable...) they are no longer supplied.
Alexminiatures can only be obtained from Moscow, which is not possible due to the sanctions.

I've tried everything...

I'm looking for three or four more articles from Alex.

My last hope is to find someone who has these items and would sell them or who can make me copies/duplicates - for a fee of course...
Searcher2  Germany

Posted by Searcher2 on 16 Dec 2022, 22:07

Hello Santi,
Thank you for your welcome...
Searcher 2
Searcher2  Germany

Posted by MABO on 16 Dec 2022, 22:34

Searcher2 wrote:
My last hope is to find someone who has these items and would sell them or who can make me copies/duplicates - for a fee of course...

No illegal copies!!! :eh:
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Alex on 17 Dec 2022, 12:14

I read the forum all the time, I'm like a Cheshire cat: I'm gone, but the smile is still there ..
It's a pity that nothing can be changed.
Thank you for your interest. It remains only to be patient and wait for a turn for the better for everyone.
Alex  Russia

Posted by Searcher2 on 17 Dec 2022, 18:15

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.

Of course, I don't want to induce anyone to do anything illegal.
It was just a thought, an idea that came up...
Or do any of you know a retailer in Europe who stocks the entire Alex range?
I searched the whole internet and unfortunately found that this manufacturer is not very common.
Although his figures and everything else in his program are really very good quality!

I just want to make one thing clear:

I understand k.b.'s objection, but I agree with Bluefalchion and Bessiere.
Don't think I didn't give this "perverted" situation a thought.

No one I know is for this bloodshed.
I am also not for generalization and condemnation!

And as for the hobby:
This discussion is not new.
In the past, before these sources of information and forums existed, some even thought that such "hobbies geared towards war" should be banned.

Well - I see this hobby as art and history and its processing and count myself as part of the community...
Searcher2  Germany

Posted by zirrian on 22 Dec 2022, 21:13

Can't say I'm happy with what is basically pirated conversion of Esci figures...
zirrian  Hungary

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by mickey mouse on 22 Dec 2022, 23:39

This is how i see this. If someone has Alex's permission to copy his figures, no law is broken. The hard thing is, can it be proven that Alex did gave his permission for the copies? This can only be done, by agreements on 2 or more parties, in my opinion. When Searcher2 found a sculpter/caster, he or she must have Alex's permission to copy his figures. It is a long shot, but the only shot that i know of.
That is how i see this.
mickey mouse  Netherlands

Posted by Bessiere on 23 Dec 2022, 19:17

Alex, the vast majority of the world doesn't hate Russia or it's people despite what our paid-for media may say. The more we can communicate person to person the harder it is for these powers to push us in to conflicts that benefit a select few. Don't be a stranger, all are welcome who share this wonderful hobby. Modern figures aren't my favorite but these look excellent and nicely detailed.
Cheers,
Bessiere

Posted by atalante on 26 Dec 2022, 09:48

Totally agree with you ! Propaganda is everywhere, let's leave it out of the forum
atalante  France

Posted by mickey mouse on 26 Dec 2022, 14:18

Alex wrote:I read the forum all the time, I'm like a Cheshire cat: I'm gone, but the smile is still there ..
It's a pity that nothing can be changed.
Thank you for your interest. It remains only to be patient and wait for a turn for the better for everyone.

Hello Alex. As far as i see this, no one should hate Russia, nor Russians. It is the extremism that we all should hate, left, right and in all it's sorts and whichever country this is. The thing that Ukraine is accused for by Putin, exists in Russia, the US, the Netherlands, in every single country. Therefor, we should all hope that, hopefully one day, wars belongs to the past. Be aware, i accuse no one here, nor do i blame anything to anyone! I simply want to say that we all should try to ban extremism on this forum, as much as we can. And Alex, it can be changed but not every one want's to change the situation. No assault on you, nor anyone here, Alex!

@Mods: feel free to alter/remove where i crossed the line.

Michael
mickey mouse  Netherlands

Next page

Return to Miniatures News