Work in Progress

Soviet era buildings in 1/87 (H0) scale for layouts

Posted by Leonid Kireev on 10 Jul 2019, 23:20

Hello!
I present to your attention the buildings and architectural structures of the Soviet era in the scale of 1/87 (H0)
These models are made in Russia, St. Petersburg. There are two manufacturer-workshops. There was nothing on the Soviet theme for sale, and these manufacturers decided to "fill this shortcoming."
These will be residential buildings, polyclinics, railway stations, shops, a post office, summer houses, and so-called "small architectural forms": bus stops, pedestal with "hammer and sickle", fences, etc. In general, all that is in any city in the world. But only here - this is the Soviet Union))
Prototypes of these models were massively built in the Soviet Union and even beyond.

Of course, these houses look great with figures of people, models of cars. If this is not the layout of the city Pripyat.
By the way, one of the manufacturers made a prototype of a residential building on the prototype of one of the Pripyat houses.

The first models of houses that I made are “Typical Panel House PD-001”
People like these houses were called "Khrushchevka", as they were massively built during the reign of N.S. Khrushchev.

The model of the house is sold in three versions: 1 - assembled and painted, 2 - painted, but unassembled, 3 - unpainted, unassembled. These houses are option 2, and all of my following - 3.
The material is acrylic glass (I don't know what it is, but they are quite heavy). Parts are primed, which facilitates the assembly and painting process. Later I will post photos of these buildings in unassembled form. In general, the same building model as other manufacturers. The paints are used model, glue - super-glue, I also used PVA glue. But, the design of the model allows it to be assembled and without glue, only it is better not to touch it)))
What else to add to the above ...
But for a long time, the manufacturer does not release anything, the site does not work, but here is a link to the manufacturer’s website in the social network: https://vk.com/matveevworkshop
Leonid Kireev  Russia

Posted by Kekso on 17 Jul 2019, 12:01

Cool. Will you do some weathering?
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Return to Work in Progress