Work in Progress

1/32-1/35 Mille Miglia 1931

Posted by Wiking on 17 Mar 2022, 09:04

Top, the fitting of the drivers too.
:yeah:
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Challenger77 on 18 Mar 2022, 18:48

Hello Guys :wave: Today i managed to get it ready for the diorama. The "Devils Eyes" where a real Challenge............an the folded Roof....build something like a Frame with thin Wire and added self Adheshive Plaster.

First Try how it Looks on the Street....

Next Step are the Pilots, Alfa has fitte his Drivers with very professional dark red Overalls.I try to get close to the Original.

Now for the "Devils Eyes" , they are a Legend, but nothing more than Dustcovers. Removed for Nightdrive and use the Headlights. After some Trys with heated Foil, i go with Furniture Stoppers. For me they do the Part. Too Bad , the LED bent a bit so the little Alfa squint a bit. The Parts are so secure cemented , i cannot correct this :(

Added etched Handles and Fittings,

Last Lighttesting, than the Wheatering, and its Ready :-D

FORZA ALFA !

And now up to Airfix' Alfa 8C, dont know how to make those Mudguards.....
Kind regards !
Challenger77  Austria

Posted by Challenger77 on 20 Mar 2022, 08:09

Hello again, now it sits in his natural enviroment :wink:

Kind Regards from Vienna !
Challenger77  Austria

Posted by MABO on 21 Mar 2022, 08:39

Looks like early morning in Italy. Nobody's on the road. ;-)
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Challenger77 on 21 Mar 2022, 18:02

:-D They are on the way............
Challenger77  Austria

Posted by Santi Pérez on 22 Mar 2022, 20:30

Those cars look impressive with their lights in that wonderful setting, Challenger77. Great work! :drool:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 25 Mar 2022, 14:57

This is some awesome craftmanship! Can't stop watching how you did those wonderfull conversions, and more specific those with the lights! Keep it going Harry! :love: :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by paul haring on 26 Mar 2022, 17:49

What a beautifull diorama. I like the cars and how you managed to put lights into it.
paul haring  Netherlands

Posted by Challenger77 on 12 Sep 2022, 21:10

After a not so fine Spring and bad Summer, my Mother passed away in Peace, i managed to go on with the second Alfa. This represents the Works Alfa 8C 2300, on his first Outing in the Hands of Tazio Nuvolari and Luigi Arcangeli, who did not finish. Nuvolari leads at first, but he had 9 Tirechanges, because the also new Pirellis didnt stand up to the Powerful 8C. I found in one of my Books a Pic that inspired me and so i t goes on.......
One of the many Tirechanges.

So i began a Monthlong search for the only known Plasticmodel , the Long Wheelbase Alfa 8c from Airfix. A very old Kit. After i catch one, i was a bit surprised by some very good Details and on the other Hand some crude Simplifications. But the first Step was to shorten the Chassis, this was very Easy , because Airfix get it right with the Beams. So you can cut it whre it was on the real Car.A bit difficult was the Body. Here i cut a Stripe out, set the Moulding for the Sparewheels a bit back and down. Then begins the funny Part, Putty and Sanding, Putty and Sanding,....and so and so on.

Here you can see the Difference between the Long/Short Wheelbase

Then i scratched or better copy with a Mould from the Pyro 6C the Mudguards. The Airfix Kit comes with the correct 4 seperate Guards.Also scratched a Oiltank in Front of the Cooler and Sidevents.

I also norrowed the Oilpan, Airfix made it way to wide. And i added a bit of a Tankkit to simulate the seeable Part of the Gearbox.

After testing the Headlightphalanx, Carjack and the Figure , i found out that my Mudguards are way too flat and . I used the smaller Wheels from the 6C as a Reference...AAARRRGGGHHHH :sweatdrop: .....back to the Start.....

For the new Mudguars i use the Casted Rearends, Cut-to-Fit Miniart Merceds 170 Pars, Plasticcard...and yes a Ton of Putty and sanding and putty.....

After this Desastercorrection, i detailed the Chassis. The Kitpart for the Frontaxle is a crude Square Rod without any Detail. I add small Halfround Evergreenparts on the Ends, Pins and small Plasicparts for the Brakelines, the Steeringparts and the Sabilizers. Also for the Rearaxle . This i reinforced with a Wire , because the Brakedrums are real Aluminiumparts . They come in one more Set of Wheels from Peter Saeger Thomas,
The Wheelset

The Frontaxle

And yes this Car is also Lighted :-D

Also build a Carjack out of Brasstube and Wire with Wheels from a 1/72 Tankkit. Throug this the thin Wires go under the Diorama to the Powersupply.

Before i paint this little Thing, i added 3d "Nuts" Decals in Lines on the Bonnett. For the Paint I go with Vallejo Firered , this is a bit Brownish and dark. I think it matches the Old Alfared , described sometimes " a Color like Oxblood.." relativly good. Decals are once again from Brentair Custommade.

Hope you enjoy it !
regards from Vienna
Harry
Challenger77  Austria

Posted by Challenger77 on 13 Sep 2022, 17:44

A complete Windshield is Also made with the Kits lower Part, some L Profile, Brasstube, quick release from a Italerie Tankkit and a Miniart Wiper.,

Challenger77  Austria

Posted by sberry on 13 Sep 2022, 18:46

So many fine details, such a tremendous amount of work ... can't wait to see the final scene, it will definitely be very impressive!
sberry  Germany

Posted by Susofrick on 14 Sep 2022, 08:00

Agree with sberry!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Santi Pérez on 14 Sep 2022, 18:33

I agree with sberry and Susofrick. It's an astonishing work, Challenger77. :drool: :drool: :drool:

My best congratulations and much encouragement to complete the project. :thumbup:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by JurgenH on 14 Sep 2022, 19:42

Hi
You've done a lot of work with the alfa. But it was worth it. You have created a wonderful car model.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
greetings Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by Susofrick on 15 Sep 2022, 10:40

Very cool to follow this! My brother has just been to the museum.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by MABO on 20 Sep 2022, 06:34

A lot of tricky things to handle. I am once more impressed.
MABO  Europe

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 22 Sep 2022, 20:10

First of all my condolences for the loss of your mother.

And that car is again awesome! :love:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Kekso on 23 Sep 2022, 15:58

I wouldn't mind to get my hands on that car model but for some other project.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Challenger77 on 28 Oct 2022, 20:03

Hello Mates :wave: After 2 Exhibitions, aand a Covid Infection , at last i added a few Details. First the Hood fasteners. build from 2 Etchparts each :shock: a othe Part simulate the strut for the Middle Headlight. remodelling the Runningboards with carved Thin plasticparts. And one more Time i use Furniture Door Stoppers for the Red Dustcovers. The Left would be removed by a Mechanic. Paint them with Tamiya Clear Red, for the Chromeparts i use grennstuff Chrome for brushes, this is fantastic ! Glued the Frontwheels with a slight Angle, so its not mentonied that they are a bit too Big or the Fenders too shallow. Lights are all ok, so the next and last step is weathering .

Kind Regards
Harry
Challenger77  Austria

Posted by Peter on 02 Nov 2022, 19:05

Fantastic car Harry! You did it again! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress