Gallery

Speira Miniatures Plague Doctor

Posted by Peter on 08 Jan 2022, 20:42

This is a figure I've painted for my wife as a Christmas gift. No, no I don't have problems with her.

It were dark times so the picture are from that time :-D

How I presented it to her:

And she liked it!

For the backstory and more information, you can find it here at my Blog
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Dad's Army on 08 Jan 2022, 21:51

And what did Rose say?
Nice one Peter, looks almost non-violent to me whahahaha
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Konrad on 08 Jan 2022, 22:26

Very nice,Peter.
The idea.
The fig.
I am sure your wife will love you for it. ;-)
Konrad  Germany
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by MABO on 09 Jan 2022, 00:18

Super job, Peter. This figure is on my list as well, but only for me, not as a present... :mrgreen:
MABO  Europe

Posted by Bluefalchion on 09 Jan 2022, 01:26

What scale is the figure? Wonderful job. My favorite part is the equipment. You have selected perfect colors for his tools of the trade.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by MABO on 09 Jan 2022, 01:51

Bluefalchion wrote:What scale is the figure? Wonderful job. My favorite part is the equipment. You have selected perfect colors for his tools of the trade.

54 mm ;-)
MABO  Europe

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 09 Jan 2022, 03:57

Wonderful work!! :yeah: :-D
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Graeme on 09 Jan 2022, 04:03

Terrific paint job and a very appropriate present for these times. The forum feels well protected now that you've posted these pictures too.

Excellent work on the shades of black and the lantern light effect is very clever. :thumbup:
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Bessiere on 09 Jan 2022, 06:30

You have done an incredible job on his tool belt. Rendering leather and metal and making each look so real with subtle colors masterfully applied. Very, very fine work. Using such a limited palette you have achieved remarkable results.
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Wiking on 09 Jan 2022, 08:22

Very nice made Peter.
Also in the clear cover to be protected from dust and easy to clean.
:yeah:

This Xmas I give my sister Flowers.
A set to build from Lego. :-D

So in return your wife`s gift was a map to the door.
Go ?
:mrgreen:
Wiking  Germany

Posted by C M Dodson on 09 Jan 2022, 10:15

He looks a bit scary!

Lovely work on a terrible subject.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Kekso on 09 Jan 2022, 12:27

Splendid work Peter :occasion:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by PhilC on 10 Jan 2022, 08:53

So, this is what Belgian doctors look like... very impressive :mrgreen:
As written above, this figure is splendid, I particularly like the way you painted the leather parts. The light effect in the lantern is great too.
Congratulations!
PhilC  Europe

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Peter on 10 Jan 2022, 19:07

Dad's Army wrote:And what did Rose say?
Nice one Peter, looks almost non-violent to me whahahaha

Thanks Remco! As written she was pleased with it! It is a very original present! And non-violent... that's how you look at it off course. It stays a doctor! :xd:

Konrad wrote:Very nice,Peter.
The idea.
The fig.
I am sure your wife will love you for it. ;-)

Thanks Konrad! And yes she does! :-D

MABO wrote:Super job, Peter. This figure is on my list as well, but only for me, not as a present... :mrgreen:

Thanks Jan! It's a wonderfull figure, you will be happy with it! :thumbup:

Bluefalchion wrote:What scale is the figure? Wonderful job. My favorite part is the equipment. You have selected perfect colors for his tools of the trade.

Thanks Aaron! The figure is 54mm as Jan said. The equipment was tricky to paint but maybe I had the luck that the walking stick broke off at a certain moment. I could see things better then! ;-)

Kostis Ornerakis wrote:Wonderful work!! :yeah: :-D

Thanks Kostis! :thumbup:

Graeme wrote:Terrific paint job and a very appropriate present for these times. The forum feels well protected now that you've posted these pictures too.

Excellent work on the shades of black and the lantern light effect is very clever. :thumbup:

Thanks Graeme! I do my best to protect the forum, you know that! :-D Shades of black is black with a drybrush of Revell tank grey and light grey. Lantern light starts with red then orange and yellow. ;-)

Bessiere wrote:You have done an incredible job on his tool belt. Rendering leather and metal and making each look so real with subtle colors masterfully applied. Very, very fine work. Using such a limited palette you have achieved remarkable results.

Thank you David! Indeed not much colors used for that. Metal, brown, leather brown and all covered with some mud wash. After that a little bit of highlighting but not to much. ;-) :thumbup:

Wiking wrote:Very nice made Peter.
Also in the clear cover to be protected from dust and easy to clean.
:yeah:

This Xmas I give my sister Flowers.
A set to build from Lego. :-D

So in return your wife`s gift was a map to the door.
Go ?
:mrgreen:

Thanks Erik! Lego is also something I like! And there was no map to the door! Stay! :-D ;-) :thumbup:

C M Dodson wrote:He looks a bit scary!

Lovely work on a terrible subject.

Best wishes,

Chris

Thanks Chris! Wait when you see him without mask! :-D :thumbup:

Kekso wrote:Splendid work Peter :occasion:

Thanks Dali! :thumbup:

PhilC wrote:So, this is what Belgian doctors look like... very impressive :mrgreen:
As written above, this figure is splendid, I particularly like the way you painted the leather parts. The light effect in the lantern is great too.
Congratulations!

Thanks Phil! Oh yes, all Belgian doctors look like that! You don't want to meet them when it is dark! Could be you miss aleg or an arm! :mrgreen: ;-) :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 11 Jan 2022, 10:57

Oh, and I thought he looked Swedish ... :oops: Anyhow, it is very nice work and very nice to see him! And unfortunately quite appropriate for these times. :(
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 11 Jan 2022, 19:48

Great figure and idea Peter.....and here you can see the future of our hobby. Any figure in any scale in the same high quality.
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Bluefalchion on 11 Jan 2022, 20:09

T. Dürrschmidt wrote:Great figure and idea Peter.....and here you can see the future of our hobby. Any figure in any scale in the same high quality.

For people who generally work on just one figure, it is going to open up a lot of possibilities.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Santi Pérez on 12 Jan 2022, 20:28

Wow, you made an excellent work on that pretty figure, Peter. :notworthy:

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who gives painted figures to people I appreciate. :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24458&hilit=My+friend+Mar

Best regards. :-D

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Peter on 13 Jan 2022, 15:42

Susofrick wrote:Oh, and I thought he looked Swedish ... :oops: Anyhow, it is very nice work and very nice to see him! And unfortunately quite appropriate for these times. :(

Thanks Gunnar! At least he is made in Sweden! :-D :thumbup:

T. Dürrschmidt wrote:Great figure and idea Peter.....and here you can see the future of our hobby. Any figure in any scale in the same high quality.

Thanks Thomas! Yes it is and I have some other figures from them to paint but in another scale. ;-) :thumbup:

Bluefalchion wrote:

For people who generally work on just one figure, it is going to open up a lot of possibilities.

It does allready. The choice is getting very big these days. ;-)

Santi Pérez wrote:Wow, you made an excellent work on that pretty figure, Peter. :notworthy:

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who gives painted figures to people I appreciate. :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24458&hilit=My+friend+Mar

Best regards. :-D

Santi.

Thanks Santi! Well it isn't the first time for me I did something like this. Read more about it here viewtopic.php?f=78&t=16191&p=180245&hilit=crisis+figure#p180245 and here: https://peterscave.blogspot.com/2014/06 ... -bouc.html ;-) :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Santi Pérez on 13 Jan 2022, 20:27

Peter wrote:...Thanks Santi! Well it isn't the first time for me I did something like this. Read more about it here viewtopic.php?f=78&t=16191&p=180245&hilit=crisis+figure#p180245 and here: https://peterscave.blogspot.com/2014/06 ... -bouc.html ;-) :thumbup:

This post is prior to my incorporation to the forum, so I had not been able to read it. It's a wonderful figure, Peter. I'm sure that your mother was very proud to receive so special gift from his favourite son. ;-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Return to Gallery