Gallery

Celtic Twilight

Posted by Flashcad on 05 Sep 2021, 10:35

All figures are 75mm;
4 x from Pegaso Models, 1 x from Alexandros Models and 1 x from Masterclass Miniatures.

The full slideshow can be seen here:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIXUW3E1MSQ
Flashcad  China

Posted by Kekso on 05 Sep 2021, 15:57

I thought first that it is computer rendering on the first photo. I think that counts as compliment :D
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by blacksmith on 05 Sep 2021, 20:29

The light in the photo is fantastic as well as the models and the composition, awesome!
blacksmith  Spain

Posted by Flashcad on 06 Sep 2021, 04:08

Kekso wrote:I thought first that it is computer rendering on the first photo. I think that counts as compliment :D

:-D :-D
I have no idea how to do "computer rendering" but it's an option I might try and explore at some future point in time.
Having said that, these are definitely some very fine examples of little metal men (and a woman) with a level of sculpting that made them a pleasure to paint.
Cheers
Flashcad  China

Posted by Flashcad on 06 Sep 2021, 05:11

blacksmith wrote:The light in the photo is fantastic as well as the models and the composition, awesome!

It was an experiment that worked out quite well.
I took the photos out in our conservatory one morning when the light was particularly strong, and with the exposure setting on my camera wound way down to around -1.7 which resulted in the images having a quite dramatic look to them.
Another photographic effect that I try to achieve under different light conditions is to emulate movie stills like these examples (the high level of bokeh was obtained by adjusting the f-stop setting for minimal depth of field):-

Just playing around with the camera settings when taking shots of my miniatures provides additional presentation options and adds yet another aspect to the hobby. It's a lot of fun as well.
:-)
cheers
Flashcad  China

Posted by Flashcad on 06 Sep 2021, 05:52

Oh, and before I forget; Pegaso clearly based their kit figure on the well-know illustration of "Alaric Before Rome".
This is the wonderful boxart:-

And this is the illustration I'm referring to:-

I think he's a terrific model, but then I've always liked Pegaso's 75mm kits. Just a shame they're so expensive.
Cheers
Flashcad  China

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 08 Sep 2021, 20:48

Fantastic painted figures! Love them! :love:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Flashcad on 10 Sep 2021, 11:54

Peter wrote:Fantastic painted figures! Love them! :love:

This simple diorama was a lot of fun to do and the figures didn't take that long to assemble and paint. I seem to recall the entire project only took about three or four months to complete.
The "standing stones" were scratch-built from some packaging material that I rescued after Wifie put them in the trash bucket, and they worked even better than I anticipated.

I intend to use much the same techniques in another small diorama that I'm presently thinking about building...this one to be set on the Scottish Hebridean Islands circa 1306/1307.
I've already placed an order for some of the kit figures that I would like to use in this new project, but on-going postal restrictions due to the pandemic suggest an extended delivery time. Oh well, it's something I look forward to working on over the next eight to ten months, despite the delivery and importation constraints.
Flashcad  China

Posted by Konrad on 10 Sep 2021, 13:03

All of your works are masterpieces.
But I particularly like the Celts.
I admire your skills.
Konrad  Germany
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
Bronze Brush winner

Return to Gallery