Gallery

Baby Smaug

Posted by Flashcad on 29 Aug 2021, 09:45

Was at a loose end back in March this year, so decided to paint an old GW Smaug dragon that had been gathering dust for ages in my stash cupboard. With my eyesight, I can't paint anything smaller than 54mm. (Hmm, well -- I can do 1:35 scale if I absolutely must, but don't enjoy it much). To display him along with a 54mm figure, I decided the model would be an infant dragon. In addition, I couldn't make up my mind which of two 54mm options to use with Baby Smaug -- so I compromised and did two separate scenes; first one set in early-Autumn, second one set in early-Winter.
It worked for me... 8)

Flashcad  China

Posted by Kekso on 29 Aug 2021, 14:15

Good paint job. I like both groundworks as well.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Flashcad on 29 Aug 2021, 15:27

Kekso wrote:Good paint job. I like both groundworks as well.

Thanks for that.
It's a shame I had the vignette too close to the backdrop as you can see the shadows cast onto it in the early-Winter scenario. Oh well, hardly a disaster, but it's something I ought to be aware of.
Flashcad  China

Posted by Flashcad on 29 Aug 2021, 15:33

"Svetlina" as I call her is one of my favorite 54mm figures. She's very photogenic...

Flashcad  China

Posted by Michael Robert on 29 Aug 2021, 17:18

Wow,
more contributions. We do not have a lot of big Fantasy figures on this forum. Something new and great painting.
Now, why is the lady well dressed in autumn and scantily dressed in winter? She has already a blueish tan - makes me want to hug her.

Many greetings
Michael
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Peter on 29 Aug 2021, 18:05

Fantastic painted figures! Svetlina could become the favorite here on the forum! ;-) :-D :thumbup:

And welcome to this forum Harry! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Flashcad on 29 Aug 2021, 19:06

Michael Robert wrote:Wow,
more contributions. We do not have a lot of big Fantasy figures on this forum. Something new and great painting.
Now, why is the lady well dressed in autumn and scantily dressed in winter? She has already a blueish tan - makes me want to hug her.

Many greetings
Michael

They make them tough in Muskovey... :P
Flashcad  China

Posted by Santi Pérez on 30 Aug 2021, 13:27

Kekso wrote:Good paint job. I like both groundworks as well.

I think the same. These are two new masterpieces from you, Flashcad. :love: :love: :love:

I like both ladies and I admire that baby dragon who is fully adapted to both cold and warm climates. :lol:

Flashcad wrote:...With my eyesight, I can't paint anything smaller than 54mm...

I know what you mean. I remember with nostalgia those long ago times when I could paint detailed figures in 10, 6 and even 2 mm scale. Perhaps sometime I will photograh them and post the pictures here. :(

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Flashcad on 01 Sep 2021, 06:58

Santi Pérez wrote:I think the same. These are two new masterpieces from you, Flashcad. :love: :love: :love:

I like both ladies and I admire that baby dragon who is fully adapted to both cold and warm climates. :lol:

I know what you mean. I remember with nostalgia those long ago times when I could paint detailed figures in 10, 6 and even 2 mm scale. Perhaps sometime I will photograh them and post the pictures here. :(

Santi.

I can't imagine trying to paint anything that small, I'm awestruck..!!
Flashcad  China

Return to Gallery