Gallery

28mm scale / German Robber Knight´s Castle, 16th century

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 07 Mar 2021, 20:32

Bluefalchion wrote:1) I am very glad you found a better use for toilet paper (they label it in our stores "bathroom tissue") than the usual one;

2) The young man in the cage hanging down from the tower looks quite sad. What was his offense?

3) The costumes, bursting with color, contrast nicely to the drab and underdone tones of the doomed structure;

4) There was actually an earlier Castle Wolfenstein game. I had one from around 1985 for the Atari 2600, one of the earlier available pcs. The german guards yelled at you and said "Schweinhundt" and you needed grenades to kill the SS men because they had body armor.

1. Very interesting….if they would have called it "Scheisspapier" (shitpaper) in the stores here in Germany, people wouldn´t have bought so much of it.....it was a weird thing that something trivial like toilet paper was in short supply in a rich Industry nation like Germany.

2. Let me think about it....one day in the cage for sleeping on guard duty….or just being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

3. Yes, this was one of the main reasons for choosing this era of history with its colorful costumes.

4. I know that old Wolfenstein Game with it´s blue walls. It was banned in Germany for it´s use of Nazi-symbols. ….and the used German language is very funny for Germans to hear…."Eva, auf Wiedersehen"....was the yelling, when you killed the boss in the end.... :mrgreen:
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Posted by Bluefalchion on 07 Mar 2021, 21:47

No, not the one with blue walls. This one:

It is actually from 1981, although this is the Apple IIe version so the Atari one may have been released later.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Kekso on 20 Mar 2021, 17:50

Fantastic project. I really enjoyed photos you've posted. Thank you Thomas.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Previous page

Return to Gallery