Miniatures News

modern russian from Alex in metal

Posted by Searcher2 on 26 Dec 2022, 18:07

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry that this topic is making such waves now.

Actually, I wanted to leave politics outside.
I would rather buy the items I'm looking for directly from Alex.
But since this is currently not possible and nobody knows how long this madness will last, I assumed that guilhem might be able to help.
Unfortunately that was not the case.
I don't know how big Guilhem's range is either, but as far as I know he got the okay from Alex to sell the figures as well.

I'm also aware of this copyright issue...

So I registered on a forum for a hint - as a sort of last-ditch effort, if you will, to find a solution.

Just one more thing:

I work in a large medical technology company that is represented worldwide.
Many people from almost all nations work together there, including Russians AND Ukrainians.
Everyone may have their own opinions but nobody, really nobody I know is for the madness that's happening right now.

As if the world had no other problems...

I had written in one of my previous posts that I am against generalization and prejudice.

There's a reason!
For example, if it says again:

... "oh, the Americans" ..., or ... "all Russians" ..., or ... "all Germans are N**is" ..., etc., etc. ...

you understand.
I do not agree!

Anyone who knows the history of Germany and its darkest hour knows what it's about.
The frightening thing is that there are amazing parallels to the past.
What's really dangerous is that the whole sh... could repeat itself...
Searcher2  Germany

Posted by Bessiere on 28 Dec 2022, 00:53

And that my friends is as close to discussion of anything political we will ever get here. We now return you to your regularly scheduled hobby.
Cheers,
Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by guilhem on 28 Dec 2022, 18:37

I will dont speak about politics crisis. We are all human and of course we are for peace , and for freedom to.
There is a lot of chinises moulders who made copy of the Alex product's. I ask to Alex, if I can produce them and sold them. Of course, I will send to him money when I will sold them.
For the moment, I am waiting the moulding.
I dont think, I will sold a lot, because I dont sold a lot of my own figures (lesarméesoubliées), but I think it can be good for customers who want excellents figures in white metal (less fragile than resin).
guilhem  France

Posted by Kekso on 28 Dec 2022, 19:10

atalante wrote:let's leave it out of the forum

As a moderator I strongly agree.

Searcher2 wrote: I wanted to leave politics outside.

Please, do so.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Ochoin on 28 Dec 2022, 22:47

Yes to 'no politics'.

As a wargamer, my focus is C19th and earlier. There are several reasons for this. One is "the too soon" rule. Modern conflicts involve people still living and are, too raw to game.

You may say I'm a hypocrite as real people suffered & died in the SYW or in the Punic Wars. True. "But Time, as they say, wounds all heels".....oops, "heals all wounds". At any rate, I see a difference.

I must confess I have American, British & German WW2 forces. They're not a large part of my collection & I don't game very often with them. I may well add them all to my ebay-sell list in the near future.

Please note: these are my personal views & I in no way expect anyone else to conform to them. Even I acknowledge there is an inconsistency to them. You do what you like & more power to you.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by guilhem on 29 Dec 2022, 01:01

I was thinking like you... but one day I think... why not play modern.
first : we have a lot of information on the uniform, the riffle, the fighting places.
second: wargame is always a game... it can be a training to tactical science
third: one day the present will be the past...
After this russian modern, I will create my self the ukrainian, than french modern.
guilhem  France

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Santi Pérez on 29 Dec 2022, 20:49

Although I prefer to work with soldiers from past conflicts, especially from the Ancient Ages, I also like to convert and paint current military figures.

In this case I usually portray them in peaceful acts such as parades and the like, mainly because of how flashy their uniforms are. ;-)

A good example of this are my two dioramas dedicated to the Swiss Guard, the old one and the most recent one, which I still have in the process of making. :mrgreen:

Santi.
  • Machno likes this post.   •  
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by guilhem on 29 Dec 2022, 23:52

For me a soldier is a fighter. I love war movie... I am very happy to live in peace and to not be in the dangerous life of one soldier. But, I love play to my figures, and I love kill figures... because they are in plastic or in metal... they will be a live again for the next wargame...
guilhem  France

Posted by Michael Robert on 02 Jan 2023, 13:14

Well, most of us love Alex miniatures
To me he started to create figures which really are like statues with full expression - face, activity and all. A complete shift at that day.
As a pun I declare him a hero in Soviet style (bil / est / budet) : he was - he is - and he will always be my figure sculpting hero.
He quickly appeared as Cheshire cat on this thread. My question to him is what made him start make "modern Russian soldiers". In this respect I want to point out that his miniatures do not look like todays Russian army and they definitely do not perform most of their activities - at least to what I see. It is a question I would love to ask, but don't dare. Risk for people in Russia to express any thought outside the official line is great.

Hope this was not too political
Greetings to all
Michael
Michael Robert  France

Posted by Alex on 02 Jan 2023, 16:09

Friends, thank you all for your tact. And especially thanks to our moderators - they are great people, because so far they have been able to do what politicians cannot do - to refrain from war.
Thanks also to those who like my figurines (Michael Robert))))
since the last question was from you - I will answer - for a long time I avoided the modern topic, as well as the topic of World War 2. but it was still too fresh and many of my relatives had something to do with it.
And I really love the theme of imperial Rome and medieval Europe most of all, because I have devoted a lot of time studying historical documents related to this.
I switched to the modern Russian army in 2014, as I also took up modeling and production of military equipment, which is now quite a lot in my catalog. I know her well and modeling gives me "engineering pleasure"
As for the most modern recent period, I also do in development - from the modernization of the equipment of the Russian army in 2008 to (almost) the most recent time. I, however, do not show all the figures here, so as not to cause unnecessary irritation. now, when everyone is especially sensitive.
As for the last part of the question, Michael, I'm afraid I didn't quite understand its meaning. I will only say that each of us now lives in the information environment that his state creates. And now there is no objective and neutral opinion, no matter what anyone thinks otherwise.
I'm not sure if you'll be able to see these pictures, but here's what I'm currently interested in.
Alex  Russia
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 02 Jan 2023, 18:27

Michael Robert wrote:It is a question I would love to ask, but don't dare. Risk for people in Russia to express any thought outside the official line is great.

Hope this was not too political

Sorry, but in my opinion this is way too political and has nothing to do with this hobby so I will lock this topic.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Previous page

Return to Miniatures News