Miniatures News

News from Strelets

Posted by PaulRPetri on 03 Mar 2022, 17:49

Hello All. I just saw this post over at The Miniature Page, (TMP), a war-game forum in the USA. I hate to drag the real world into the forum but I thought this might be relevant.

Dear Jan,

thank you very much for kind words from you and all other our friends, that were sent both to this forum and privately to our e-mail.

Indeed, manufacturing side of the business is located in Kharkov, whereas sales/distribution comes from London.
Three last days were quite hot in Kharkov starting with several reconnaissance groups entering the city outskirts but pulling out later that day after some skirmishes. There are no street fights at the moment.
As you understand, all of our manufacturing processes have stopped.
We keep daily contact with all our team members there and all of them are safe and alive for now. People mainly sit in their homes to avoid the worst, as areas, especially adjacent to military installations, can be rather dangerous. Kharkov was a major military centre with various military units, academies and plants, which became targets. Possibility of becoming a "collateral damage" – euphemism for perished civilians – isn't insignificant and military vehicles on the roads or between buildings along with armed militias don't contribute to safety either. Food stuffs are there, although choice may be not that broad for obvious reasons. Electric power, Internet, water, sewage are all there. There's no panic, people show restraint, attempts of looting are dealt with, it's not massive anyway. Media reports from all sides shall be taken with a pinch of salt, as they are geared for propaganda mode.

Sculptor that made many figures for us, including WSS series, and whose face may be familiar to you as we put his photograph on one of our older boxes, conscripted to the National Guards.

We also maintain contact with our colleague from Orion/DDS/Red Box, who currently resides at his dacha that is 20 miles south from Kharkov. He is OK as well.

That's how things are looking at the moment.

We will keep you updated if anything of significance pops up.

Thank you very much for your support once again.

Best regards,

Strelets
PaulRPetri  United States of America

Posted by C M Dodson on 03 Mar 2022, 18:14

Good to know they are all ok.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Iceman1964 on 03 Mar 2022, 19:47

good luck to all of them !
Iceman1964  Italy

Posted by Bluefalchion on 03 Mar 2022, 19:57

Prayers for all from this small part of the USA.

We need that WSS sculptor to stay safe!!!
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Bessiere on 03 Mar 2022, 20:07

The damage from Kharkov looks pretty extensive. This is so saddening to witness. Let's all hope for a peaceful resolution soon.
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by sansovino on 03 Mar 2022, 23:49

It´s a terrible tragedy. :shock:
I have written my solidarity already in the Bravenet-Forim of Strelets, but I want mention here that there still other miniature-producers which are threaten: Redbox/Orion/Dark Alliance and Mini-Art, the last one presents also informations what actually happens around Kyiv.

https://miniart-models.com/standwithukraine/
sansovino  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by steve_pickstock on 04 Mar 2022, 00:14

Miniart's facebook page is alive and well, and defiant! They've posted several times today alone.

May all of our friends, the families and their friends in the Ukraine be preserved from harm, and come back safe to better days
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by Mr_White on 04 Mar 2022, 00:44

sansovino wrote:It´s a terrible tragedy. :shock:
I have written my solidarity already in the Bravenet-Forim of Strelets, but I want mention here that there still other miniature-producers which are threaten: Redbox/Orion/Dark Alliance and Mini-Art, the last one presents also informations what actually happens around Kyiv.

https://miniart-models.com/standwithukraine/

Unrelated to this crisis, but is Miniart the same as Caesar?
Mr_White  United States of America

Posted by steve_pickstock on 04 Mar 2022, 01:31

No, Caesar's alter-ego is Miniknight.

Miniart used to do 1/72 figures but stopped. They continue to do 1/35 kits, of quite imaginative and comprehensive subjects. They used to be in the Crimea - IIRC - and moved to Kyiv. From the couple of times I have communicated with them, they seem like nice folks.
steve_pickstock  England

Return to Miniatures News