Miniatures News

Time to say goodbye?

Posted by stenfalk on 13 Apr 2021, 13:15

When I started modeling my little animal figurines in 2016, in a very difficult phase of my life and practically on a therapeutical base, it was impossible to foresee how many touching events I can look back on today, less than 5 years later. To be able to keep these as memories for the future fills me with gratitude and humility. Nevertheless, the majority of the days at this time were by no means bathed in a bright light; You know that my health continued to bother me in a way that now forces me to make the following difficult decision:

With immediate effect, all activities in connection with STENFALK small figure art will be suspended, no more goods or services will be offered and no orders will be accepted or delivered.

But I am very happy that I was able to interest Gerrit Bormann in my figurines. Gerrit, the owner of Gebo-Figuren is a more than committed comrade in our hobby; he takes over the entire range including all rights for further use.

Even if changes in some ways cannot be avoided, I am convinced that my customers, as well as other diorama and figure friends, will find a provider in Gebo who fully shares my quality requirements and is probably even more productive in terms of quantity.

For myself, I want to remain on friendly terms with the community of figurines and it would be an honor if I can continue to see myself as part of this community. As a consultant for the item of animals in dioramas, I am still available to Gerrit, so I can offer you a certain continuity.

STENFALK now says goodbye with warm regards ...

... to my family, great people who have never lost their faith in me:
My dear Elfi, my dear Steve - you are the best!

... to my role models, great artists, to emulate their work always was an incentive for me:
Alex, Erik, Massimo - Спасибо, thank you and grazie!

... to a sponsor, without whom I would often have been much more discouraged at the start:
Michael - if I can help you at any time, please let me know!

... to friends to whom I feel connected because they not only appreciate the work I've done:
Dank u Cryns, thanks to you Richard, Dirk, Gerrit and Sascha

... to my dealers, my valued customers, to all figure and hobby friends from the Forum Geschichte in Miniaturen and here at bennos as well as all those who supported me during this time, who helped, listened, shared knowledge with me, their patience and their understanding

Hello, this is Torsten!
stenfalk  Germany

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by C M Dodson on 13 Apr 2021, 13:30

It is with sadness that I read this posting.

We met briefly at the Dioramica and your animals are exceptional creations.

I hope that you can continue to participate in the ‘forum life’ and wish you improved health.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Kekso on 13 Apr 2021, 13:49

I'm not sure what to say because this surprised me. I sincerely hope this isn't real goodbye.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by sberry on 13 Apr 2021, 13:53

This is really sad news.
But even if it may be time to say goodbye to the business of STENFALK, there is still no reason to say goodbye to your membership in the the modelling community at large, or to our community here Benno's in particular!
I sincerely hope for better days for you in the future.
sberry  Germany

Posted by Susofrick on 13 Apr 2021, 14:30

This is really sad news. Your animals are really among the best in the hobby in my opinion. I am not totally surprised, though. I know you have had health troubles and the health comes first! I sincerely hope that you stay on the forum because it is not only your animals that we are fond of, it is also the man behind them! It craves a nice person to make those wonderful sculpts!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Bluefalchion on 13 Apr 2021, 14:49

stenfalk--

I enjoy your animals and the discussions we have had. Perhaps you think you will no longer be welcome here since you will no longer operate your business nor generate new works? Nothing could be further from the truth. As a matter of fact, I have been on this forum for 12 years or so, contributed next-to-nothing in terms of projects of my own, and have had a good old time all the while!
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 13 Apr 2021, 16:06

I just want to say a heartfelt greeting from Chania, Crete !!! :wave: :-D
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Egbert on 13 Apr 2021, 16:15

Hello Thorsten
what I have read from you here makes me very sad ...: o
But you can be assured that neither you, nor your fantastic animals will be forgotten anywhere
in model building circles.
I'm looking forward to read, in the future again, your technical comments
in the various model making forums .
All the best for you ... and cheer up! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Egbert  Germany

Posted by Peter on 13 Apr 2021, 16:46

Okay I say goodbeye to "Stenfalk", and I'm happy I have some of his beautifull dogs, and give "Thorsten a very warm welcome here on this forum! Take care of yourself and I'm looking forward to lots of comments of you! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Ben90 on 13 Apr 2021, 17:31

This is bad news. Saying goodbye to the hobby and the forum is your very own decision. And if you want it, so be it. You have explained your reasons.
But we all would be glad if you stay on the forum. As some members already said: Being part of the forum community is not only about posting pictures of new works. Taking part in discussions or posting helpful critique to the work of others to help getting better, is important as well. So I hope we will keep you as a part of the community and wish you all the best on the same time!!
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by Wiking on 13 Apr 2021, 19:37

Wiking  Germany

Posted by Santi Pérez on 13 Apr 2021, 19:59

Health comes first over everything else, so I wish you a quick and lasting recovery. Best regards. :yeah:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by dykio on 13 Apr 2021, 20:07

This is indeed sad news but as mentioned by others health comes first :yeah: so i wish you all the best and i cincerely hope thet you will stay with us on the forum for a long time !!

with regards

Dykio
dykio  Netherlands

Posted by Michael Robert on 14 Apr 2021, 09:48

Take good care, Thorsten
We will strive to honour your animal figures - just as Wiking did. Good that you ensure they still exist.
And I join in with my wish that we will still find you on the forum
Many greetings
Michael
Michael Robert  France

Posted by Graeme on 17 Apr 2021, 01:38

Best wishes from Down under Torsten!

I hope things improve for you. And I really hope you will stay on the forum, even if it's just for a chat once in a while. You will always have a lot of friends here.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Zed1 on 17 Apr 2021, 11:03

There comes a time whend decisions have to be made. You made yours. That's fine and I guess that everyone can understand that. One cannot - or should not - do more then is bearable. I guess that nobody in this community, especially not on this forum, will ever let somebody down because he had to make personal decisions. We only have one life. We need to carefully make the best use of the little time we have on this planet. Hello Torsten.
Zed1  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by stenfalk on 01 May 2021, 14:55

I am deeply touched and even if the sculpting of figurines was quite a short episode in the end, I owe this excursion into our interesting and exciting hobby that i met some people those you can't find these days meets everywhere. Somehow figure and diorama builders are very pleasant characters and I am glad that my path led me to you, to the "Dioramica" and to this forum. One doesn't like to lose something like that - and that's why I look forward to talking shop with you in the future, exchanging ideas and knowledge and thus remaining one of yours!
stenfalk  Germany

Posted by Konrad on 01 May 2021, 15:59

In the many years that I have been practicing this hobby,
I have often asked myself what connects us.
Across borders all over the world.
Is it the interest in history, the joy of painting?
Or is it just the little boy who doesn't want to grow up?

I have always found it special to belong to this large community.
That's why it's always a shame when someone leaves us.
I wish our friend Stenfalk all the best and hope to hear from him in the future as well.

Dein Hobbykollege
Konrad
Konrad  Germany
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Peter on 01 May 2021, 17:13

Konrad wrote:In the many years that I have been practicing this hobby,
I have often asked myself what connects us.
Across borders all over the world.
Is it the interest in history, the joy of painting?
Or is it just the little boy who doesn't want to grow up?

I thought it was the beer, but I can be wrong of course! :mrgreen:

Well said my friend! ;-) :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Miniatures News