Miniatures News

Alliance news & releases 2020 - 2023

Posted by steve_pickstock on 17 Apr 2021, 01:25

dykio wrote:please notice that these are not al black riders....

this is the mouth of sauron....

Succes with painting and im looking forward to see these finished :yeah:

Thank you.

You are of course correct. The Mouth of Sauron is the leading figure in the middle column.
Interesting character, head of the armies in Gorgoroth, thousands of years old, but not terribly bright, or at least not very good at bluffing. Constantly referred to giving them back 'the hobbit', but displayed items from both Frodo AND Sam. Always pays to get all your information straight.
I suppose bluffing isn't an over-used skill in Mordor.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by Santi Pérez on 20 Apr 2021, 19:21

steve_pickstock wrote:...Alliance...Southern Warriors...These will function perfectly as intended - Faramir's Rangers of Ithilien...

I am happy and hopeful to see that this set is numbered as Set 1:

Could this is mean that there will be a Set 2 featuring the Gondor warriors in the outfits that appear in Peter Jackson movies? It would be a fantastic news. :winky:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by steve_pickstock on 20 Apr 2021, 19:28

Santi Pérez wrote:I am happy and hopeful to see that this set is numbered as Set 1:

Could this is mean that there will be a Set 2 featuring the Gondor warriors in the outfits that appear in Peter Jackson movies? It would be a fantastic news. :winky:

Santi.

Possibly.

I understand there may even be some mounted knights including knights of Dol Amroth - which did not appear in the film but should have. But these are only discussions, I know nothing firm.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by Bluefalchion on 20 Apr 2021, 19:32

Those Southern Kingdom Warriors Rangers and Scouts would make decent Night's Watch if they were dressed a bit warmer.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Brok_Santatusca on 12 Jul 2021, 20:37

anybody already has new rumors on future Fantasy releases? :)
Brok_Santatusca  Europe

Posted by Duron QelDroma on 13 Aug 2021, 17:40

I bought the southern kingdom warriors today and I think they could partly make decent Robin Hood and merry men figures (albeit fantasy ones, not really medieval ones. Also they have no real longbow). They also include two female archers and I thought the two which have already fired their bow could also be elves (seem to have pointy ears).

The one with the Two handed Sword and pointing with his other hand could also be a good Lord Commander of the Nights Watch as he has an animal pelt for an cape and seems to be dressed for cold weather with four to five visible layers of clothing (only the crest with the tree must be scratched off, if he should join the watch).

Very nice figures altogether with sharp detail.
Duron QelDroma  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by steve_pickstock on 13 Aug 2021, 17:49

Duron QelDroma wrote:The one with the Two handed Sword and pointing with his other hand could also be a good Lord Commander of the Nights Watch as he has an animal pelt for an cape and seems to be dressed for cold weather with four to five visible layers of clothing (only the crest with the tree must be scratched off, if he should join the watch).

Some good ideas there.
I am re-working this figure as Aragorn. Mainly because he doesn't carry a shield. I took the Tree symbol off the lcloak and the front of his tunic, and I think he looks the part.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by MABO on 13 Aug 2021, 23:45

Duron QelDroma wrote:I bought the southern kingdom warriors today and I think they could partly make decent Robin Hood and merry men figures (albeit fantasy ones, not really medieval ones. Also they have no real longbow). They also include two female archers and I thought the two which have already fired their bow could also be elves (seem to have pointy ears).

The one with the Two handed Sword and pointing with his other hand could also be a good Lord Commander of the Nights Watch as he has an animal pelt for an cape and seems to be dressed for cold weather with four to five visible layers of clothing (only the crest with the tree must be scratched off, if he should join the watch).

Very nice figures altogether with sharp detail.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by dykio on 20 Dec 2021, 13:51

Does anybody know if there is any expnsion to be awaited from dark alliance?? its awfull quiet "concerniing hobbits" and the other lotr figures??
dykio  Netherlands

Posted by steve_pickstock on 20 Dec 2021, 17:22

I believe that there are some new LotR products in the pipeline - but I have no idea if and when they will be released.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by Haron on 20 Dec 2021, 20:15

I too... :(
Haron  Ukraine

Non-Supporting Business Non-Supporting Business

Posted by KenzoSato on 20 Dec 2021, 22:19

Hello Haron, the news of usmc in Vietnam?
KenzoSato  Italy

Posted by steve_pickstock on 21 Dec 2021, 03:47

All the best in these difficult times for you, hope your new year is a better one,
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by Brok_Santatusca on 11 Jan 2022, 13:56

i cannot wait for more Dark Alliance Fantasy :D
Brok_Santatusca  Europe

Posted by Haron on 11 Jan 2022, 16:25

I don't know anything about the timing.
Haron  Ukraine

Non-Supporting Business Non-Supporting Business

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 03 Mar 2022, 10:04

Most likely as one of the many consequences of the Russian war of aggression against Ukraine, the website of the RedBox/Orion/Alliance manufacturers' association is no longer active.
Given the enormous scale of human suffering, this seems marginal of course, but for our hobby this completely unnecessary war marks a massive break.
ICM, MasterBox, MiniArt, Strelets, Roden, ACE, ClearProp, UniModels (UM), Armory, Dora Wings, Mars Figures and several other companies are affected...
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Minuteman on 03 Mar 2022, 10:33

Yes, a tragic and unnecessary war. Let us hope and pray that some sort of resolution and understanding can bring peace to the Ukraine.

And yes also, there is quite a concentration of fine companies supplying our hobby who are located in this part of the World. Things will be 'on hold' for the duration, and for some time afterwards. But let us assure these companies that we will still be here to buy their products, all being well, once peace and stability returns.
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by steve_pickstock on 01 Jun 2022, 12:34

All 9f the Dark and Light Alliance sets -bar the Dark Riders - have been photographed and reviewed by PSR, and can be found here
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Sho ... spx?id=149

On their news page PSR admit they've only done it because the flow of historical sets has dried up, and the reviews are cursory because they aren't really interested in Fantasy, but the pictures are good and sometimes the reviewer is begrudgingly complementary.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by elegantmess on 12 Jun 2023, 19:18

There seem to be some new sets on the wat. Lots of Cavalry.
elegantmess  United States of America

Posted by MABO on 12 Jun 2023, 21:01

elegantmess wrote:There seem to be some new sets on the wat. Lots of Cavalry.

Any links?
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Previous pageNext page

Return to Miniatures News