Miniatures News

Crynsminiaturen Small Ancient Greek Cargo Ship

Posted by Cryns on 10 May 2020, 15:20

Scale 1:72 resin cast model kit with steel rod reinforced parts.

The sailor crew is pewter cast by Schilling-Figuren and not included in the model kit

Ship and crew can be found in the Crynsminiaturen online catalogue: https://crynsminiaturen.nl/
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 10 May 2020, 15:39

I wish a nice trip to all your ships and sailors!! :yeah: :-D
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by guilhem on 10 May 2020, 18:10

Excellent, I see the web site… maybe to buy one … but it is to expensive for me… 100 euro! I was thinking it would be cost 70 euro , but 100 euro… :eh: but the product is excellent...
I think I must buy the plastic model zvesda, sometimes I see they cost 60 euro.
guilhem  France

Posted by Bessiere on 10 May 2020, 21:21

My wife won't allow me any more ships since I have over 100 or I would delight in building this one. I think adding the reinforcement is a great idea as I've had so many masts break and I cannot begin to count them. Fine product and tip of the hat to the painter of builder of this lovely looking vessel.
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Bluefalchion on 10 May 2020, 21:57

€110 strikes me as an extremely fair price for this exquisite work of art that comes in kit form.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Ben90 on 10 May 2020, 22:35

Looks really beautiful!
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Egbert on 11 May 2020, 08:05

Wow Cryns...
masterclass modelling
It looks so realistic...fantastic!
Wonderful art. :-D
Egbert  Germany

Posted by Susofrick on 11 May 2020, 10:07

It was very interesting to follow the development of this project and it is a very nice result!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Chariobaude on 13 May 2020, 12:40

What a masterpiece !!! Just wonderfull....
Chariobaude  France

Posted by Cryns on 13 May 2020, 16:40

Dear Gentlemen,

Kostis, Guilhem, Bessiere, Bluefalchion, Ben90, Egbert, Susofrick and Chariobaude its so nice to hear from all of you and read your nice and some interseting feedback.

guilhem wrote: I was thinking it would cost 70 euro , but 100 euro… .

Dear Guilhem, your idea of the price is correct when this copy was made in a Polish or Asian resin foundry. But I still make these copies at home. It takes me about 20 hours to cast, recast the miscasts, drill, cut clean and pack the dozens of pieces, write an invoice and post that single ship kit. :yeah:
The love for my customers and my hobby-that-turned-into-secondary-job has its limits as you may understand. :-D

guilhem wrote:I think I must buy the plastic model zvesda, sometimes I see they cost 60 euro.

If budget is deciding for you wether you want to own a merchant sailing ship or a warship galley, I can recommend you to buy the Roman Heller Bireme (the big one) which these days can be achieved in the UK for about 25 euro's on Ebay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heller-1-75- ... 3355819570. I got mine for only 15 euro's in the UK while the box was still mint-sealed.

Bessiere wrote:I think adding the reinforcement is a great idea as I've had so many masts break and I cannot begin to count them.

Dear Bessiere, this is very interesting feedback for me as I am still developing my production methods. May I ask you what material those breaking masts were made of? Was it resin? Or do you mean hard plastic which can snapp off when tension is created during the final rigging of mast and sail?

Regards,

Cryns

Catalogue: https://crynsminiaturen.nl/
Cryns  Netherlands

Posted by guilhem on 13 May 2020, 17:51

Thanks for your message… I understand 100 euro is a psychologic hight price for me… I see your little boat is very good and the price is very low…
Do you think you will create a boat like Ulysse could used?
Maybe I can be interest by this sort of boat for one Ulysse diorama, even the higth price for me (about 100 euro)?
guilhem  France

Posted by Cryns on 14 May 2020, 15:10

Dear Guilhem,

guilhem wrote:Do you think you will create a boat like Ulysse could used?

The story of Ulysse/Odysseus goes back to the bronze age which is not the period I will be working in for the next years.

But a small 12 oared 'monoreme' is in my future planning. It will be something like this:

https://eu.greekreporter.com/files/siren.jpg

Beware that this will be an Archaic Greek shipdesign for the period 800 to 500 BC, to be used as merchant ship or warship. So its not a historical correct vessel for the bronze age mythical heroes. Classical Greek and Roman artists used to depict such bronze age ships after their own contemporary examples.

A much simpler 8 oared ship has been produced by me already and was build and presented here by Kostis Ornerakis a few years ago. It is still for sale:

https://crynsminiaturen.nl/8-oared-sailing-barge/

Kindest regards from Cryns
Cryns  Netherlands

Posted by Cryns on 27 Mar 2021, 12:51

Crynsminiaturen Ships CAST IN PEWTER

At your service dear Guilhem!
You call the price and we realized that for you :-D

guilhem wrote:Excellent, I see the web site… maybe to buy one … but it is to expensive for me… 100 euro! I was thinking it would be cost 70 euro , but 100 euro… :eh: but the product is excellent...

Schilling-Figuren has cast some of the Crynsminiaturenships including this Ancient Greek Cargo Ship and sell them for 70% of the original resin cast model price.

https://www.schilling-figuren.de/produk ... ff-cm-102/

Cryns  Netherlands

Posted by Bluefalchion on 27 Mar 2021, 23:45

Cryns magnificent works cast by Schilling Figuren. Now that is a marriage made in heaven.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Return to Miniatures News