Miniatures News

Hat news 2020

Posted by MABO on 11 Oct 2020, 22:50

I think they failed once before. The dragoons came out in about 28mm first. I am not sure if this was the plan... :mrgreen:
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by MABO on 11 Oct 2020, 22:52

Ochoin wrote:This is such a tragedy as crowdfunding could - & should - have been a wonderful thing.

That's it!
MABO  Europe

Posted by Bill Slavin on 11 Oct 2020, 23:43

I got mine as well - ten boxes of light and heavy. It was a crazy long time for arrival and I agree, it has left a bad taste in my mouth for crowd funding.
I don’t have so much trouble with the scaling, but the figures are a bit blobby and the pinned parts don’t work at all - all have to be repinned.
On the upside, they have a very nice campaign style to them with bread bag, canteen and overalls. I’m still happy to finally get them.
Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by marc zijp on 24 Oct 2020, 17:18

So much news lately that I forgot to have a look at PSR Awaiting Reviews. The ACW sets are up. Size might be just about right but they do look swell.
marc zijp  

Posted by Beano Boy on 24 Oct 2020, 22:37

i believe in having money sitting in my own bank accounts rather than in other peoples. Enough said.BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Fire at Will on 25 Oct 2020, 14:26

I looked at the picture on the awaiting review page, is it me or are the figures on the left larger than those on the right?
Fire at Will  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by CPN on 25 Oct 2020, 14:33

Hi,
It's not you.
In fact the 3rd figure from the left is actually very small.
It is a topic of discussion on th Hat forum of how this set went wrong... again.
The light dragoons are far better.
I hope this helps.
CPN
CPN  France

Posted by CPN on 25 Oct 2020, 15:18

To illustrate
CPN  France

Posted by Fire at Will on 25 Oct 2020, 17:07

Thanks CPN
Fire at Will  United Kingdom

Posted by MABO on 25 Oct 2020, 18:12

These Dragoons are not the best quality. But I must say that the Austrians and the ACW sets are fabulous. I was really impressed. And since I am bashing HäT several times here concerning the crowdfunding, I am happy to say: I like the other new sets very much! Continue, please!
MABO  Europe

Posted by Bluefalchion on 25 Oct 2020, 18:13

I have never produced a figure before, and I hope I never do. But is it extremely hard to make them in the proper size?
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by C M Dodson on 25 Oct 2020, 19:08

I received the sample packs for ACW and Austrians last week as I did not wish to repeat the mistake in ordering lots of 1815 French and finding they were midgets.

I am pleased to report that they are very Perry style in quality and represent fabulous value.

However, personally, I am not sure about the size of the mounted officers and the Austrian horse and officer seems very small compared with the Napoleonic officer set.

I raised this with HAT as an observation and they posted some pictures which to my mind prove the point.

PSR will be the arbitrator but in my opinion it is a small price to pay as the troops are wonderful.

I hope to receive my bulk order of ACW tomorrow, so lots of painting for Antietam.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Minuteman on 25 Oct 2020, 19:34

I have purchased a few boxes of the new HaT releases, including two boxes of the Light Dragons, but none of the Heavies. As observed already, most of the new sets are at least 'good' and the marching ACW sets and ACW Command set are, to my view, the pick of the new releases.

I have limited use for the new Austrians, but the Sampler set I purchased suggest that they are OK - although I believe there is/was (may now be taken down?) a complaint about the poor production quality of the Austrian sets over on the HaT Forum.

The Peninsular Light Dragoons look OK, and will provide a couple of units for my Peninsular British. I don't need more than two boxes, the Peninsular being a fairly 'cavalry-light' conflict by Napoleonic standards.

HaT have clearly made a real hash of the scaling of the riders in the Heavy Dragoon set. This is a great shame, and difficult to understand, but it does suggest some problems in production and quality control to say the least. A polite note that I posted on their Forum to this effect yesterday seems to have met with dislike and has been taken down.

I will, needless to say, not be buying any of the Heavy Dragoons.
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Zed1 on 25 Oct 2020, 20:33

CPN wrote:To illustrate

This is absolutely ridiculous - a set with half of the figures having a different size then the other half. HaT is really on drugs. That's like publishing a book half in English, half in Vietnamese language. :xd:
But thanks for the warning, folks.
Zed1  Germany

Posted by Minuteman on 25 Oct 2020, 22:25

The post complaining about the quality of the new Austrian 'Action' set has indeed been deleted by HaT Forum Admin...as has his following post complaining that the original had been removed!

HaT clearly don't like criticism, even constructive criticism.

It will be interesting to see whether these issues are a glitch or more general in relation to the new production run. Hopefully a glitch.
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Wiking on 26 Oct 2020, 01:43

As an observer and rare (two figures) user.
Look like Hät do (or won't do) finaly a verry good PR.

- Sometimes rubber like plastic
figures.
- Fill gaps of figures for times, situations no one else do.
- Too small figures for 1/72 (Nappy
timline riders)
- Bad sculpting (I think it was WWI
serbian infatry).
- Same box of guns in hard plastic or
for surprise in rubber like soft
plastic.
- Crowdfounding
- Now, different size of figures in the
box.

Minuteman wrote:
HaT clearly don't like criticism, even constructive criticism.

That is new to me and interseting.

But Hät is still full in business ! ?
Wiking  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by StellarX on 01 Nov 2020, 01:15

One suspects that for those who care (and everyone should) about such glaring production defects, the imminent review on PSR will be suitably scathing about the scale issues. I certainly (sadly) won't be buying any and am grateful for the heads-up on the poor scaling quality. Let me know when HAT (ever) sort this out...
StellarX  

Posted by Ochoin on 01 Nov 2020, 09:10

Wiking wrote:But Hät is still full in business ! ?

Not too long ago, I posted a polite question on the HaT forum about crumbling figures. I thought I should be allowed to ask a genuine question as I am a good - if concerned - customer.

Yes, the post disappeared faster than the speed of light.

I'm no fan of wanton figure-manufacturer bashing (and this is a thing). However, my query & Minuteman's aren't that. I think customers have rights.

I'm not going to thump my chest & loudly proclaim I'll never buy another HaT figure. When they produce good stuff (& they do) & I need/want it, I'll buy. They've made mistakes in the past (Nap. Russian artillery made several years back were dire), make them now & will surely make them in the future. But this isn't the real issue: it's customer relations.

If they want respect, loyalty & support from their customer base, they should try a whole lot harder.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Bluefalchion on 01 Nov 2020, 15:04

HäT used to be the only game in town for so many sets not made by the big guns (Airfix Italeri Revell) but now there are more choices. Strelets are sort of filling the niche formerly occupied by HäT, and Strelets are doing it better...
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Previous page

Return to Miniatures News