Miniatures News

Plastic Soldier Company News 2017-2021

Posted by zulu`s 1000`s of em on 23 Jan 2017, 20:17

Forthcoming releases updated, the three that caught my eye, Sexton, Valentine and Lee/Grant , well I will be buying all of those as well as a few others on the list. Good news.
zulu`s 1000`s of em  United Kingdom

Posted by Zed1 on 23 Jan 2017, 21:30

Er... I'm rather blind or...

Do you have a link for me that shows the model/box?
Zed1  Germany

Posted by MABO on 23 Jan 2017, 21:57

http://theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page&id=3

It is one of the fields on the side. There is a link "coming soon" But I think there are no pics, yet.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by zulu`s 1000`s of em on 23 Jan 2017, 21:58

It is a forthcoming release, on PSC site and facebook page, so no model, no link, no box........yet.
zulu`s 1000`s of em  United Kingdom

Posted by zirrian on 23 Jan 2017, 22:03

No british heavy weapons, no 1:72 Crusader, no 1:72 British Paras, or German paras or anything...

I welcome some of the new kits, but is there really a need for another set of Tiger I?
zirrian  Hungary

Posted by mickey mouse on 23 Jan 2017, 22:46

I don't really like the kits, as they are really aimed for wargamers, and not static modellers. The weapons are way too chunky and crude to my taste.
mickey mouse  Netherlands

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Zed1 on 24 Jan 2017, 09:18

Well - I'd love to build a M3 Lee in a Russian version. What model would you people suggest me to buy, if not from PSC?
Zed1  Germany

Posted by armpcm on 24 Jan 2017, 09:53

Zed1 wrote:Well - I'd love to build a M3 Lee in a Russian version. What model would you people suggest me to buy, if not from PSC?

Morning,

If you want the most accurate then go for Mirage, they even have a version lend lease, the old Hasegawa shows its age, hope ot helps. :-)
armpcm  Portugal

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by RCD on 30 Jan 2017, 23:34

What good news! We should welcome companies like PSC and S models for producing tanks of the early period and attempting to produces some NEW models rather than curning out the same third reich stuff that the leading manufacturers seem obscessed with. Yes these tanks ACTUALLY existed unlike all that 1946 fantasy stuff so loved by so many big companies. and modellers of AFV

At Castle Donnington last November I commented , when buying their A9/A10 set that it was a pity that the Valentine variations were being ignored . The gentleman on the stall said that they were seriously considering it . it will be interesting to see what comes out Archer, Bishop, Russian IX etc.

However, I totally agree with Zirrian why yet another Tiger tank? Consideing how few were produced 1347 MkIs and 492 MkIIs

I know I am in the minority but lets have the real picture of the third reich - horse drawn , so short of equipment that it was necessary to use captured materials.At least S-models keeps producing French equipment used by the third reich
RCD  

Posted by PDA on 31 Jan 2017, 00:38

mickey mouse wrote:I don't really like the kits, as they are really aimed for wargamers, and not static modellers. The weapons are way too chunky and crude to my taste.
I haven't found that. I think their kits are fantastic - their Churchill is so well engineered that you barely need glue. And you get a lot in the box; 2, sometimes 3, vehicles, crew figures, and variants.

I think the company that makes kits aimed at wargamers is Armourfast. Their kits are OK as a base model for upgrading or detailing. Some are better than others; Armourfast's later models are better than their earlier ones, and I was tempted by their Valentine.

But not now! I'll be waiting for PSC's Valentine.

Someone mentioned S-Model, who also make fantastic kits, including a Crusader (which is another of Armourfast's kits I was tempted by). I think S-Model have just released a SOMUA S35, but it is the Nazi-German version. So I'll be waiting for the French version, even though I have the Heller/Airfix kit.
PDA  England

Posted by Peter on 12 Jul 2021, 17:03

Today the review of the new Plastic Soldier Company, Set UMOS007, US Marine Corps Platoon, showed up at the Plastic Soldier Review site.

Can't say I like them. The sculpting isn't good.

Review can be found here: http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/review.aspx?id=2852
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Bluefalchion on 12 Jul 2021, 17:30

I mean, why bother? No offense. Some of their other stuff is okay.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by zirrian on 12 Jul 2021, 18:49

I only got 23 poses in my box, and opposed to the article it was very flash-y but the detail was decent. I don't know if it's their camera that's bad, but I'm more satisfied with them than PSR.
zirrian  Hungary

Posted by Minuteman on 12 Jul 2021, 22:34

Compared with, say, the Revell US Marines set the sculpting of this set does not look great. I have never been a fan of the rather out-of-proportion heads and weapons which often tend to characterise metal 20mm WW2 figures, and these sculpts seem to suffer very much from this syndrome.

I note that the PSR piece does not give us an average height for these figures, and this together with the rather ungainly sculpting style makes it difficult to see how this set would mix well with existing 1/72 plastic figures.
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by bothree69 on 13 Jul 2021, 08:45

I do not like them
the quality is poor and they are not the right height
ok the poses but ....
bothree69  Italy

Posted by mickey mouse on 19 Jul 2021, 14:55

PDA wrote:I haven't found that. I think their kits are fantastic - their Churchill is so well engineered that you barely need glue. And you get a lot in the box; 2, sometimes 3, vehicles, crew figures, and variants.

I think the company that makes kits aimed at wargamers is Armourfast. Their kits are OK as a base model for upgrading or detailing. Some are better than others; Armourfast's later models are better than their earlier ones, and I was tempted by their Valentine.

But not now! I'll be waiting for PSC's Valentine.

Someone mentioned S-Model, who also make fantastic kits, including a Crusader (which is another of Armourfast's kits I was tempted by). I think S-Model have just released a SOMUA S35, but it is the Nazi-German version. So I'll be waiting for the French version, even though I have the Heller/Airfix kit.

You may dissagree with me, indeed. Some kits are not too bad, indeed. But they are aimed for wargamers, and i am not a wargamer. Let's take TQD miniatures, i.e. They are for wargames to, but also perfectly suitasble for static modellers, while PSC is only intended for wargamers. besides, the figure proportions are way off, in comparison with let's say, Italeri. I also noted that it was way too chunky and crude for my taste.
mickey mouse  Netherlands

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to Miniatures News