Miniatures Talk

Heller WW2 British infantry

Posted by Londoncopper on 01 Dec 2022, 19:13

I noticed that Heller are selling WW2 British that are a mix of Caesar and Italeri figures, do the two ranges match up well in size or have they been scaled to match up?
Looking at a picture of the sprue, the Italeri figures are either kneeling or prone so l guess in this case, size really doesn't matter!
Londoncopper  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 01 Dec 2022, 21:18

I have the Heller US American Infantry set with this mix of figures of Esci and Caesar. As I have a look at the sprue the two Caesar figures go very well with the other. Size is good, not much difference. These are unique sets.

http://plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1365

It looks like they made new moulds to make this sets. The Esci figures are not at the same place on the sprue.
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by zirrian on 01 Dec 2022, 22:35

Londoncopper wrote:I noticed that Heller are selling WW2 British that are a mix of Caesar and Italeri figures, do the two ranges match up well in size or have they been scaled to match up?
Looking at a picture of the sprue, the Italeri figures are either kneeling or prone so l guess in this case, size really doesn't matter!

Caesar is much smaller and the Heller moulds are godawful. Avoid them if possible. I got a box, half of them were Soviets for some reason, the rest were practically useless.
zirrian  Hungary

Posted by Peter on 01 Dec 2022, 23:16

zirrian wrote:
Caesar is much smaller and the Heller moulds are godawful. Avoid them if possible. I got a box, half of them were Soviets for some reason, the rest were practically useless.

I must disagree here with you my friend. The figures I have in the latest Heller boxes are good. I see no flash and the size is good. And as said it looks like new moulds.
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by zirrian on 02 Dec 2022, 15:10

Peter wrote:I must disagree here with you my friend. The figures I have in the latest Heller boxes are good. I see no flash and the size is good. And as said it looks like new moulds.

Was it also a mixed Caesar-something else box?
zirrian  Hungary

Posted by Peter on 02 Dec 2022, 21:41

zirrian wrote:
Was it also a mixed Caesar-something else box?

Yes it is. I also have the Esci American paratroops in a Heller box and they are nice to.

Heller 49601 WW2 US Infantry PSR comment: http://plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1365

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zRSfdr ... ngweizhu75
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by zirrian on 02 Dec 2022, 22:48

Strange...I will dig up my French and Brits to your horror. For some I have decided that entirely resculpting their faces would be better :(
zirrian  Hungary

Return to Miniatures Talk