Miniatures Talk

Bits & Bobs- SYW

Posted by Ochoin on 02 Apr 2022, 23:42

I'm making progress with my SYW Hungarian line & grenadier infantry project.

I'm also looking at the 100 or so unpainted HaT & Revell Austrian infantry & artillery I have, lying around.

So; next project could be a couple of Bavarian regiments and a Bavarian battery?
http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php? ... arian_Army

I know the Bavarians weren't a major player in the wars but they might add a splash of colour to my Austrian army.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Ochoin on 03 Apr 2022, 06:00

Both the Hungarian infantry & the Prussian Garde du Corps needed a lot of modifying: cutting detail (eg cuffs) off, adding greenstuff detail, decapitating and replacing heads, changing limbs' positions etc.

Still about 10 Hungarian line infantry to do.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Peter on 04 Apr 2022, 21:24

They look nice Donald! :thumbup:

And I see you even added Washington to that army! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Minuteman on 04 Apr 2022, 23:25

Nice work donald, I think these Hungarians look very effective. Ditto the Gardes du Corps, my only observation/query being about the distinctive banner...maybe a little on the large size?
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Ochoin on 05 Apr 2022, 03:27

Minuteman wrote: my only observation/query being about the distinctive banner...maybe a little on the large size?

Well spotted -a bit big. I couldn't find any dimensions so I first went with looking at this picture & trying to fudge it.
http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php? ... e_du_Corps

The end result looked rather absurd - such an elaborate banner but you couldn't make out the device.
So, I went with what looked good to me rather than strict historical accuracy.

The interesting thing about the unit is their spotty record for a unit labelled "Garde". Full of unhappy, press-ganged Saxons evidently.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Return to Miniatures Talk