Gallery

Imex 513 Chuck Wagon

Posted by Peter on 15 Feb 2023, 23:04

I painted this some time ago but now I finished the basing of this wagon. On the FIGZ meeting I showed them unfinished (some other wagons are on the way!).

This kit:

Some more pictures here: https://peterscave.blogspot.com/2023/02 ... wagon.html
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Rich W on 15 Feb 2023, 23:43

I love the job you've done on that wagon Peter! A very realistic effect on that wood.
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Bessiere on 16 Feb 2023, 00:21

Great job on this. Looks better than I thought it could from the bare model. You really did nail the wood texture. The driver looks uncomfortably hunched forward but you made everything look exceptional. Did they give you a choice since the box shows oxen and horses? Superb work Peter.
Cheers,
Bessiere

I forgot to add how charming the rear of the wagon is with the various drawers. A super nice detail to have on it.
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by C M Dodson on 16 Feb 2023, 05:29

Very nice rendition of this old set.

A pair of reins would enhance it.

May I suggest either unravelled picture wire or cotton thread.

If you use thread, run some PVA along it to stop it from going fluffy.

Mr Crynns thought me that trick a few years ago.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Kekso on 17 Feb 2023, 13:36

Great work Peter. I love how you've painted wooden parts.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Konrad on 17 Feb 2023, 17:20

Gooooo West.....
I love this old IMEX-Sets.
Nice little wagon,Peter!
Konrad  Germany
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
Bronze Brush winner

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by PaulRPetri on 17 Feb 2023, 18:04

Great work Peter. That wagon is very handy. It serves in my Zulu War armies! Someday it may go west one never knows.
PaulRPetri  United States of America

Posted by Peter on 19 Feb 2023, 12:20

Rich W wrote:I love the job you've done on that wagon Peter! A very realistic effect on that wood.

Thank you Rich! :thumbup:

Bessiere wrote:Great job on this. Looks better than I thought it could from the bare model. You really did nail the wood texture. The driver looks uncomfortably hunched forward but you made everything look exceptional. Did they give you a choice since the box shows oxen and horses? Superb work Peter.
Cheers,
Bessiere

I forgot to add how charming the rear of the wagon is with the various drawers. A super nice detail to have on it.

Thanks David! :thumbup: I just checked the other chuckwagon that I'm working on with another driver, and that one looks better. It is really the pose of the driver that it makes look odd. I had these wagons in a second hand auction and I had no construction manuels, so this is my own choice. I will use the oxen for the prairie schooner. Just my thought but that looks more realistic.

C M Dodson wrote:Very nice rendition of this old set.

A pair of reins would enhance it.

May I suggest either unravelled picture wire or cotton thread.

If you use thread, run some PVA along it to stop it from going fluffy.

Mr Crynns thought me that trick a few years ago.

Best wishes,

Chris

Thank you Chris! :thumbup: I don't think I will add reins because I'm scared to ruin the model. I have been thinking to do it but I didn't want to take the risk. Still, thank you for the suggestion and advice.

Kekso wrote:Great work Peter. I love how you've painted wooden parts.

Thank you Dalibor! :thumbup:

Konrad wrote:Gooooo West.....
I love this old IMEX-Sets.
Nice little wagon,Peter!

Thank you Konrad! :thumbup: Me too! I have all wagons, even the big box "wagon train"! :-D

PaulRPetri wrote:Great work Peter. That wagon is very handy. It serves in my Zulu War armies! Someday it may go west one never knows.

Thank you Paul! :thumbup: Did you show it here on the forum? I would like to see it! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by MABO on 21 Feb 2023, 11:43

I like how the wood is painted. And like you and some others I also like the IMEX wagons very much. At the time they have been released they where more or less unique - as far as I remember - and therefore very much appreciated!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Santi Pérez on 21 Feb 2023, 20:48

Wonderful work, Peter. I like very much the painting of the wagon wood and that of the horses, as well as the base. Great job! :yeah:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Peter on 21 Feb 2023, 21:58

MABO wrote:I like how the wood is painted. And like you and some others I also like the IMEX wagons very much. At the time they have been released they where more or less unique - as far as I remember - and therefore very much appreciated!

Thank you Jan! :thumbup: Because you aren't the only one mentioning the colours of the wagon here they are:
- Revell Earth Brown (87)
- GW Graveyard Earth (81) - Drybrush
- GW Kommando Khaki (82) - Drybrush
- GW Administration Grey (50) - Drybrush

Santi Pérez wrote:Wonderful work, Peter. I like very much the painting of the wagon wood and that of the horses, as well as the base. Great job! :yeah:

Santi.

Thank yo Santi! :thumbup: For the colours of the wagon, see above! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Gallery