Gallery

Dust on the dio

Posted by Susofrick on 03 Mar 2022, 11:23

When Dali showed his Zvezda-GNW-cavalry I was reminded that I had painted one of them some time ago. Well, had to clean out the walk-in-closet because they'll check the ventilation today and I found something. After cleaning of the worst dust I found a little dio. Didn't I have a creek here??? Ah, draw the finger at the lowest point and, lo!, there it was. Also find another figure from the same box. Both are painted as Bohus Dragoons. The dio, I found out, is from 2010 and the lone figure I have no idea!

And the dio was apparently in a competition. And I did use Photobucket at the time.

http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3527&p=40190&hilit=bohus#p40190
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Bessiere on 03 Mar 2022, 14:39

Nice vignette though I wonder if he is gloating over a dead foe. I recently dealt with the dust issue plus various animal hairs, spider webs and cosmic debris that ended up on my own work I did perhaps a year ago but failed to photograph. Lesson learned is take pictures before the dust arrives or you will spend hours trying to clean and still miss things the camera will find. Guaranteed. I bet you have a closet full of interesting things. Cheers, Bessiere

I just realized that's the French staff horse from Italeri. A universal favorite I think being such a rare relaxed pose is just perfect for the scene you portray..
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Susofrick on 04 Mar 2022, 10:34

Thanks! II think the horse is from the same box as the figure, but the pose is the same. And, yes, unfortunately he is looking at a dead foe. Maybe there are others close by ...
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Peter on 06 Mar 2022, 12:08

Always nice to find and see old work back! ;-) :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 07 Mar 2022, 11:11

Cleaning up the closet and finding stuff that has aged and some that I've forgot all about. My old Fetterman-dio got its' base bent out of shape. Think I used white glue and sand for that one. And a couple of monks, pigs and Santa on a donkey ... Hmm, no idea what I was thinking!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Marvin on 07 Mar 2022, 21:15

A really nice scene with an intriguing story behind it. :yeah:
Marvin  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by C M Dodson on 23 May 2022, 11:50

Very nice indeed Mr S.

There is a melancholy feel to the work.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by k.b. on 23 May 2022, 16:10

Besides the tree and the layer of dust I would say he has stood the test of time pretty well!
Ps/ if my memory serves me rightly, (so don’t bet your life on it !), I think the dead body is from an old Airfix box of French Napoleonics.
k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Susofrick on 24 May 2022, 08:24

k.b. wrote:Besides the tree and the layer of dust I would say he has stood the test of time pretty well!
Ps/ if my memory serves me rightly, (so don’t bet your life on it !), I think the dead body is from an old Airfix box of French Napoleonics.

Yup Keith! He is a French Airfix Infantry casualty. :-D

Seems like our new spammer like my old work! :-D
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Peter on 24 May 2022, 09:26

Susofrick wrote:
Yup Keith! He is a French Airfix Infantry casualty. :-D

Seems like our new spammer like my old work! :-D

It looks like your posts are popular for this specific spammer. It's not the first time! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 24 May 2022, 11:04

And I can only say that I'm innocent! Even if it can be nice to be reminded of the old stuff.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 25 May 2022, 20:29

Where would the universe be without dust ? All people large or even small wherever they might be collect the finest dust without even a daily second thought upon the finest subject floating around. This i know for a certainty that upon many a building in The Honey Well room there it lays upon every tree and railway building ,rail-track, little people and pavement,town terraced house; and round about factory buildings. i c it also elsewhere upon that which lays asleep upon each held fast fixed shelving of wagon loaded stuff. It is i believe collective magic after all. :coffee: BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Santi Pérez on 26 May 2022, 19:49

Susofrick, you made a great job twice. The first when you built this nice diorama in 2010. And the second when you removed the dust that covered it allowing us to enjoy it now. :mrgreen:

My best regards. ;-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Bill Slavin on 28 May 2022, 13:43

I think the dust has inspired this thread as much as the dio! It is good to look at old work with new eyes, and there is a nice poignancy to this one, Susofrick. So much of what we do is all about process, that happy place where we paint and create, maybe photograph and share and then put things away in a closet and move on. I think that is one of the reasons my toys end up on wargame tables - I get to enjoy them over and over!
Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Return to Gallery