Game Reports

Anglo-Saxons vs Vikings

Posted by blacksmith on 05 Dec 2021, 21:06

Hi, I finally finished painting both boxes from Zvezda and Eimhar so this morning I had a little solo battle of Anglo-Saxons vs Vikings with the ruleset Great Hall Burning from Two Hour Wargames. Great set of rules for solitaire games. You have a full AAR here in my blog:
http://javieratwar.blogspot.com/2021/12 ... axons.html
Hope you like it. Cheers,

A teaser :)
blacksmith  Spain

Posted by Peter on 05 Dec 2021, 22:32

Looks great! :thumbup:

More and closer pictures of the figures please! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by blacksmith on 06 Dec 2021, 00:18

Thanks Peter! You can see all the pictures I took by clicking in the link above. Here's another teaser:
Cheers,
blacksmith  Spain

Posted by Minuteman on 06 Dec 2021, 10:34

It looks as if carnage is happening here in the 'dark ages'. It also looks as if being an archer might have been a dangerous occupation, based on the fallen casualty count shown here.
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by blacksmith on 06 Dec 2021, 11:47

Minuteman wrote:It looks as if carnage is happening here in the 'dark ages'. It also looks as if being an archer might have been a dangerous occupation, based on the fallen casualty count shown here.

LOL yes. Being archer consists in fighting from distance and avoid hand-to-hand combat. As an archer you are no opponent to someone trained in close combat and wearing chainmail, shield, helmet and an axe or sword.
blacksmith  Spain

Posted by PaulRPetri on 14 Dec 2021, 20:51

Great battle report Javier!! Your figures are outstanding!
Being a foolish person I have converted and used old versions of THW rules to fight out some Viking fights and some LOTR encounters. Everyone on one side and fight the system. It actually works with this system.
PaulRPetri  United States of America

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by blacksmith on 16 Dec 2021, 00:47

PaulRPetri wrote:Great battle report Javier!! Your figures are outstanding!
Being a foolish person I have converted and used old versions of THW rules to fight out some Viking fights and some LOTR encounters. Everyone on one side and fight the system. It actually works with this system.

Thank you Paul! I'm being foolish too as I'm doing exactly the same as you. I'm using Great Hall Burning and Rally Round the King rulesets from tHW plus some rules of my own to make a draft that I tentatively called Warrior Heroes Battles. At the moment I'm painting Orcs to face them against my Vikings and Saxons. In my paining queue there are Wolf raiders, Trolls, Goblins, Uruks, Rohan cavalry and Giants! As soon as I have some Orcs painted I'll play another game.
Cheers,
blacksmith  Spain

Posted by PaulRPetri on 16 Dec 2021, 16:19

In my madness I have used the charts from Colonial Adventure and the Warrior one the actual name escapes me at the moment. I also use 3"x5" index cards as the units, can be real or dummy units, see my battle reports I have posted. Lots of fun really. It reminds me of my Dungeon & Dragon days, 1979-1981, when we all fought the Dungeon master and the module. It takes the pressure off!
PaulRPetri  United States of America

Return to Game Reports