Game Reports

Bloody Zama: The Revenge!

Posted by MABO on 27 Mar 2021, 17:36

Another day, another match... The battle happened some time ago, but I did not found the time to write the report until now.

After my defeat in the first battle of Zama here: http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=24456

We decided to play a rematch: Bloody Zama: The Revenge! :shock: :shock:

The table was set. I placed a landing party with serious power on my left flank. And looking for a better position for my elephant. Andrea is allways afraid of elefants.

My dice shows a 6 which gives my the opportunety to unfold my army.

Sure they will win again the vain Romans attack on both flanks. But not in front of the elephant... :mrgreen:

The close combat, was with no big effect on the left but on the right my Numidian Light Horse had to turn because of a one on the bloody dice. Should this be the beginning of the end again???
:shock: :shock: :shock:

My Psiloi had to fight hard to be not overrun from the legionaries. But the solid line of shield get out of ordeer because one unit followed the light African fighters.

And again I got a lucky dice and enough PIPs to move as I wish. After a short council of war in Hannibals tent the Gallic Warband attacked the Roman blades and with a quick kill they where send to Hades. My left flank was relieved.

One the right my general was in the lead of my light cavalry and some psiloi against the lighter troops of the Romans fighting from higher ground. But due to my lucky dice I could get the better formation with my horsemen.

I was smiling inside and thought about taking the camp already. 8) 8) 8)

But now the Romans went on the offensive again.

The Blades try to push my left flank in the sea and the psiloi prevent my cavalry from marching forward. And at the end of this close combat I had lost some brave Numidians.

My smiling had disapeared and my general was confronted with overwhelming force on the right. Once more it looks like anothe defeat and I had to find the right answer. :( :( :( :(

To give relieve on the right flank. I had to get enough PIPs to move on all other places of the wasteland of northern Africa (ok it is green, who cares...)

At this critical moment I was lucky again and could release the horror to my Italian opponent. The elephant was moving togehter with an overall attack from the center to the far left.

Another unit of legionaries was killed because the could not run away from the elephant. And the next roman attack was without any result. The psiloi were pushed back by my mighty general. My Gallic warband was screaming already on the other side of the field. It was time to finish the day in my favour.

My Warband get around the blades waiting for the quick kill. My heavy infantry get support from the psiloi closing the door for another troop of romans and the elephant runs against the fancy velites.

we rolled the dices...

The psiloi were only pushed back...

but the blades were killed and my general stunned and killed some velites on the right wing. The battle was over.

Nicely painted but now meeting the Lemures in Plutos side oth the world.

Victory for Carthago! :thumbup:

In the meantime everything is like it should be again: I lost in the middleage and so it will continue I think ;-) ;-) ;-)
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by PhilC on 27 Mar 2021, 18:14

Excellent battle report! The figures are expertly painted, and I love how you represented the road on the battlefield. It was a hard battle, interesting to read.
A trick for next time, MABO: you should replace one or two 1/72 elements with your excellent 1/32 figures, saying it's a HOTT list with demi-gods, and start again to crush Romans :mrgreen:

Sorry Mr Andrea, no offense, we all know MABO needs the best advice ;-)
PhilC  Europe

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by MABO on 27 Mar 2021, 21:54

Thanks for reading the report and for this advice, Phil. But the honour for the gaming equipment belongs to Mr.Andrea who painted the figures and designed the landscape.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Bluefalchion on 27 Mar 2021, 22:05

Even 1/32 scale demigod figures could not save MABO from his bad dices!

Thanks for posting this battle report. I have a feeling Mr. Andrea will be funning for you with renewed vigor, now.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Peter on 27 Mar 2021, 22:10

Bluefalchion wrote:Even 1/32 scale demigod figures could not save MABO from his bad dices!

Thanks for posting this battle report. I have a feeling Mr. Andrea will be funning for you with renewed vigor, now.

Aaron we have a game called soccer and there is a understandment, at the end the Germans always win! And I think with this games it goes the same way! :mrgreen:

Real nice battle report with some excellent painted figures! Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Michael Robert on 27 Mar 2021, 23:16

Hi Jan
great figures, great game!
Someone must win in the end, no? As long as the dices are not flawed the gods of faith - sorry, pure statistics - will win :-)

Reminds me of your game in Arnhem - I am nostalgic
Greetings Michael
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by wilberforcefrog on 28 Mar 2021, 00:07

Go elephant squad go!
wilberforcefrog  United States of America

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 29 Mar 2021, 10:53

Peter wrote:Aaron we have a game called soccer and there is a understandment, at the end the Germans always win!

well, well, when play against Italian, history tells it differently.

This time Baal Hammon blessed the dice rolls of his fellow Carthaginian; while Jupiter was distracted, most likely by an angry Juno. Hannibal felt his god power on him and caught the Roman attackers in a chokehold they could not escape. Attack was the best defense. The Romans capitulated, but fought to the bitter and save their honour. Survivors sailed back home, knowing the wheel of fortune always spins.

Mr. Andrea  Europe

Posted by Peter on 29 Mar 2021, 20:35

That was luck, Andrea! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Game Reports