Game Reports

DBA battle (quick) report: Rome vs Parthia

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 12 Apr 2019, 11:36

"Tell me Lucius Gaius, what bothers your sleep?" asked Galenus to the young legionary.
"I have these dreams, oh Galenus" responded Lucius Gaius "almost every night since my return from Edessa. I am on a plain, the sun casts a light so bright that I can barely see what's around me, all is silent, still. Then they come, out of nowhere, fast, relentlessly: horses of fire! The silence is broken by their stamping. The quite turns into anguish. Taste of blood in my mouth. Screams in my ears. The heart races. And I wake up soaked in sweat, gasping"
"Poor Lucius Gaius" said old Galenus. "I am afraid there is no cure to the Parthian syndrome. You must learn how to live with that".

The above says it all. I still have to recover from the defeat inflicted by Jan's Parthians (II/37) to my Marian Romans (II/49). The time to deploy, few shots of the Roman artillery, then the charge of the cataphracts. Bye bye, auf Wiedersehen, ciao bambino. Parthians 4 - Romans 2.

Mr. Andrea  Europe

Posted by MABO on 12 Apr 2019, 15:01

I slept very well, except for a few farting horses. I can imagine that another arragement of the terrain, which intercepted the frontal assault of my peaceful heavy cataphracts, might lead to another outcome of the battle...

But to be honest: Who cares! Parthians 4 - Romans 2 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thanks, Gaius Andrea, for another great evening.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Return to Game Reports