General Wargaming

2ème Corps

Posted by Ochoin on 07 Oct 2022, 11:40

It's amazing what you can do in two days, stuck at home - I've bunged up my knee. I've finished culling, re-organising & (horrors!) re-basing my last French corps. That gives me 2 line, 1 Guard & a Confederation Corps for Napoleon.

Each corps has infantry, cavalry & artillery integral to it. I can use a single corps for a small game, two for a larger & all 4 for a Show game.
2ème Corps - under Marshall Ney

The French Napoleonics are my oldest figures, in general. Some painted 40 years ago. Not the best painting but I have a great affection for them.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Bessiere on 07 Oct 2022, 16:21

Great looking French army Donald. Truly massive as the Grand Armee should be. You're a man after my own heart with French army being the primary focus likely to never be fully finished but continually added to. I thought I was done until I realized i had no Marins de la garde or Early war carabiniers - so it goes. Nice work.
Cheers,
Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Ochoin on 08 Oct 2022, 02:02

Bessiere wrote:Truly massive as the Grand Armee should be.
Bessiere

Over the past 9 months, thanks to Ebay, I've culled about a third of my Napoleonic French (& figures in general). A whole corps & several other units have gone to a better home.

Yes, big is good but there's such a thing as too big. Too many figures to be used in battle is just too many figures. Now that I've cleared the dross, I can buy the odd great unit (eg those Marins you cited), or showy kit - I'd like a Nap. French HA ammunition caisson for instance.

I'm becoming a connoisseur.....or maybe just a Common Sewer.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Bessiere on 08 Oct 2022, 20:00

You sure you just didn't need a bigger battlefield? Someday I hope to get to the point of having an army that is "too large". For now that is an alien concept to me.
Cheers,
bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Minuteman on 09 Oct 2022, 12:18

Bessiere wrote:You sure you just didn't need a bigger battlefield? Someday I hope to get to the point of having an army that is "too large". For now that is an alien concept to me.
Cheers,
bessiere

Yes, I am 100% in agreement with Bessiere on this one. :yeah: :-D
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 13 Oct 2022, 10:25

Wonderfull work Donald! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Bill Slavin on 14 Nov 2022, 14:19

It's nice to see all of these on display, Donald. A beautiful display. But can a collection be "too big"? I don't think so. I just purchased another 1500 figures and have the intention of painting everyone, and hopefully all will have their moment on the field! :-D
Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Return to General Wargaming