General Wargaming

The Magnificent Seven Dwarfs... In the Canyon of Doom!!!

Posted by Harry Faversham on 16 Apr 2022, 11:30

It had long been an ambition of the Magnificent Seven Dwarts of the Fitzarkerly Clan, to sail to the Vale of Vile, and recover the Great Rune of Bongolaor. The Evil Bishop and his undead minions having stolen, said priceless artifact a century ago. King Fitz declared the day had come, with the aid of three Human allies, two scout archers, and the Grand Wizard Peerson they set sail...

From the ruins of a nearby Temple, something Evil stirred...

"Have Skeletor summon my Undead Legions!"

Roared the Evil Bishop to his Summoner.
Skelotor, in turn, commanded the Drums of Death to be beaten...

King Fitz led his men inland, splitting into two search parties, to comb the numerous ruins in search of the Great Rune. Sadly, the two scout archers took this opportunity to slip off back to the ship and hide!

Skeletor raises the Banner, the summoned Undead Warriors rattle along to confront the Dwarfs!

The Grand Wizard Peerson has a very effective summoning trick of his own, calling up Jeanius the Great Dragon!

Jeanius happily swoops down and incinerates Skeletor's Bannerman!!!

Then starts cooking herself a pile of spare ribs...

One enterprising Skelly jumps in the river to escape Jeanius' fiery breath, only to be blasted by a thunderbolt, from The Grand Wizard Peerson's staff!

Very soon Skelator has run out of minions to order around. Enraged he rushes to confront King Fitz and his bodyguard as they cross the Rainbow Bridge atop the canyon.

Skeletor's terrifying assault knocks King Fitz for six, stunning the leader of the Dwarfs. His bodyguard pitches in and trips Skelator with his axe, buying time for his King to recovers his wits!

A blast of power hits the combatants from Grand Wizard Peerson's Staff...

It clears to show the Great King on his feet and back in the fight! Drawn by the powerful blast, Jeanius the Great Dragon joins the fray!

Skeletor thinks his day cannot get any worse, but he's wrong The rest of the Fitzakerly Clan race to the fight atop the canyon!

Skeletor falls beneath a welter of blows...

And is dispatched back the the Netherworld by King Fitz's great axe!

The Great Rune of Bongolaor is located in the shrubbery around a nearby ruined Temple.

The wounded and battle weary Magnificent Seven Dwarts of the Fitzarkerly Clan, along with Grand Wizard Peerson and Jeanius the Great Dragon, reach the beach and load The Great Rune of Bongolaor aboard ship...

From the ruins of a nearby Temple, something Evil stirred...

"I know where you live cursed Dwarfs, we will meet again!"

:o
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by Ochoin on 16 Apr 2022, 12:17

You have loads of nice models and, as usual, seem able to extract the most un out of them.

Always a delight to read your threads.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Harry Faversham on 16 Apr 2022, 12:41

Cheers Donald, I get a lot of post game, fun from riting the daft AARs!

:-)
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by MABO on 16 Apr 2022, 22:02

Epic gamereport!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by blacksmith on 17 Apr 2022, 11:01

Great table, minis (love Nick Lund's Dwarves) and game. The title "The magnificent seven Dwarves" reminds me of my campaign with dwarves called "Sven's Seven" (http://javieratwar.blogspot.com/2019/10/svens-seven.html) based on the Warhammer Fantasy second edition's scenario "The magnificent Sven".
blacksmith  Spain

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Apr 2022, 05:19

Wow! Great presentation... and story telling Harry. :thumbup:
From one Grunt to another,
Thank you for lifting my day with a certain kind of playful magical fun. :thumbup:

i have long ago found that tiny figures can inspire the art of story telling and this certainly confirms it to be the case here.

Great stuff of fantasy battling bones,magnificent figures .
:sst: and a dragon eating spare ribs upon the battle field. :mrgreen: Now that's funny!
:coffee: So no white feather on this posting Harry,
just dynamic applause from little old me. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Harry Faversham on 18 Apr 2022, 11:14

Praise indeed, thanks muchly BB!

:-D
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by Minuteman on 18 Apr 2022, 11:20

Great story, figures, imagination and everything Dwarvish! A fine tale of sword, scorcery and skeletal warriors being defeated. I very much like some of the details, including the picture of the skeleton warrior emerging from the ground, and the white-out 'nuclear blast' effect of the wizard's staff. Very much awaiting the next instalment!! :yeah: :-D
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Harry Faversham on 18 Apr 2022, 13:14

Minuteman wrote:... the white-out 'nuclear blast' effect of the wizard's staff.:yeah: :-D

Don't try this at home, it's a totally professional special effect!
Very difficult to reproduce for the layman, it only 'appens when the idiot with the camera, bollixes up the flash setting!!!

:( :oops: :(
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by Peter on 18 Apr 2022, 19:57

Thanks for sharing Harry! I love that part with the spareribs! :mrgreen: ;-) :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to General Wargaming