General Wargaming

Crimbo Wargame...

Posted by Harry Faversham on 09 Dec 2021, 20:54

Davros has had it on 'is toes...
with Big Ben!!!

Crimbo Eve and a giant Santa's sledge shaped spacecraft has materialised over London. As people clapped and cheered at the wonderful sight, a powerful blue beam snaffled Big Ben up, up and away into the belly of the beast! The cheering turned to sniveling terror as the massive craft blasted back off into outer space.
This sad tale had just been related to Brigadier Harry Holdbridge-Stuart, head of U.N.I.T., planet Earth's first line of defence agin all things other worldly. The Brigadier had always thought Big Ben a hideous carbuncle on the capital's skyline, but what Sergeant Benton related next changed matters completely. The Prime Minister had been in the clock tower inspecting Monty, the Dalek genetically modified by the Doctor into a force for good, both of them had gone!
The Universal distress signal was broadcast on all frequencies, within the hour the TARDIS materialised in the Brigadier's office, and out stepped the Doctor and his companion, Sarah Jane Smith. The Doctor took immediate command, building a Flux Capacitor, that once attached to Big Ben, would bring both it and it's occupants safely home. Feeding U.N.I.T. HQ's coordinates into his Sonic Screwdriver the Doctor dashed into the TARDIS to land on the Santa's sledge shaped spacecraft.

"Standby Benton!"

Commanded the Brigadier.

"Any second now the Doctor will transmat us aboard that bally rocket and we're going in shooting!"

:shock:
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by Harry Faversham on 10 Dec 2021, 11:10

The Cast...

The Brigadier, Flash, Monty and Sergeant Benton's elite U.N.I.T. Squad...

Interfering Gallifreyan Time Lord and his Companion Miss Sara Jane Smith, who's sonic screaming can stop, even a Dalek in it's tracks!

BADDIES!!!

Psycho Santa and his minions. As motley a crew as ever set foot on a spacecraft. Santa's little helpers are his own diabolical creation, mobile clockwork bombs who waddle aimlessly about till the spring winds down, then they explode...
even Psycho Santa has to admit the navigation circuits in his little helpers needs a tad of fine tuning!

Now yer PROPER, like Baddies!!!

Needing no introduction. The Demented Pepperpots will use their recently invented 'Temporal Shift' device to 'beam' aboard Psycho Santa's primitive spacecraft.
Once there, they'll do wot they do best at Crimbo...

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!! EXTERMINATE!!!

Harry Faversham  England

Posted by Ochoin on 10 Dec 2021, 12:01

You are, sir, delightfully mad.

Would that I could participate in such a game & be equally mad.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Bluefalchion on 10 Dec 2021, 13:39

For a second there, I thought Sara was not wearing any pants and we had ourselves a different sort of scenario.

On closer inspection (much closer), pants!

I know many a lad and lass within the BBC's broadcast area spent sleepless nights dreaming of those heartless Daleks...I hope The Doctor and his brave friends can carry the day and rescue Big Ben.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Harry Faversham on 10 Dec 2021, 17:51

Thanks chaps, the game will be played next Wednesday, a suitably sober AAR to follow.

:eh:
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by MABO on 11 Dec 2021, 07:25

A very colourful settting and interesting armies on both sides. So let the game begin, I am waiting for the report.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Harry Faversham on 21 Dec 2021, 14:14

The Cast...

The Brigadier, Flash, Monty and Sergeant Benton's elite U.N.I.T. Squad...

Interfering Gallifreyan Time Lord and his Companion Miss Sara Jane Smith, who's sonic screaming can stop, even a Dalek in it's tracks!

BADDIES!!!

Psycho Santa and his minions. As motley a crew as ever set foot on a spacecraft. Santa's little helpers are his own diabolical creation, mobile clockwork bombs who waddle aimlessly about till the spring winds down, then they explode...
even Psycho Santa has to admit the navigation circuits in his little helpers needs a tad of fine tuning!

Now yer PROPER, like Baddies!!!

Needing no introduction. The Demented Pepperpots will use their recently invented 'Temporal Shift' device to 'beam' aboard Psycho Santa's primitive spacecraft.
Once there, they'll do wot they do best at Crimbo...

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!! EXTERMINATE!!!

Harry Faversham  England

Posted by Harry Faversham on 22 Dec 2021, 11:05

"Standby Benton!"
Commanded the Brigadier.

"Any second now the Doctor will transmat us aboard that bally rocket and we're going in shooting!"

The second U.N.I.T. away team transmats to the far side of the enemy ship...
the quest to find the Flux Capacitator begins!

Alien life forms, severely hostile, are soon encountered and a vicious firefight begins...

The Psycho Snowmen's, snowball bolt guns proving far superior to the U.N.I.T. SLRs!

A Crimbo Cracker IED explodes next to the Brigadier, stunning him and provokes Flash the Dog into a lethal attack against a Blunderbuss toting Elf!

But the Brig's a game old cove, and is soon back on his feet and coordinating a very effective barrage of U.N.I.T return fire!

Santa's Psycho Skelly Astronaut goes down in a hail of lead!

The Snowmen get their balls handed to 'em bigstyle. But not before a burst from one of their Bolt guns sends 'Monty' a tad wonky!

The armour piercing snowballs, from numerous enemy bolt guns, prove too much for the genetically modified U.N.I.T Dalek's braynbox to cope with, a loud bang and he explodes into flames!

A telling burst of automatic fire shreds another Snowman...

One of the ship's cabin doors swishes open, and the Universe's worst nightmare emerges. A squawk of...

Exterminate! Exterminate!

Terrified by this sudden, and extreme turn of events, the surviving Snowman retreats and reports to his master, Psycho Santa...

Extremely vexed by his incompetent underlings, Psycho Santa rushes out to fix everything up. Sadly for His Nibs, the U.N.I.T machine gunners blood's up, and he's really got his shooting head on. Without firing a shot, Psycho Santa gets a right Crimbo malleting!

Another swishing cabin door and the elusive Flux Capacitor is located!!!

Be careful wot you wish for. In revenge for the demise of his late, and unlamented master, the last surviving Snowman riddles the unfortunate U.N.I.T Trooper...

It's not all bad news. Sergeant Benton skirmishes onto the ship's cargo deck, and takes out the Elf heavy machine gun guarding Big Ben, single handed!

The good news gets appreciably better. With that grinding, groaning racket, that's brought hope to oppressed millions across the Universe, the TARDIS materialises upon the Flux Capacitor!

With that grinding, groaning racket, that's brought hope to oppressed millions across the Universe, the TARDIS disappears again, to materialise right next to Big Ben!

All fighting has now ceased on the Alien spacecraft, U.N.I.T.'s mission has ended in a stunning victory! Sergeant Benton secures the transmat station in preparation for the return to Earth...

The Brigadier and Flash liberate the Prime Minister...

The Doctor attaches the Flux Capacitor to Big Ben and sends him home to Westminster in time for Crimbo!!!

;-)
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by MABO on 23 Dec 2021, 10:32

Looks a little bit like Christmas
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Return to General Wargaming