General Wargaming

Any Napoleonic wargamers in the UK or Northwest Europe?

Posted by kinjack on 24 Aug 2020, 23:00

Hi all,

Does anyone on here game with 20mm 1/72 Napoleonics in the U.K? It would be nice to get together and actually play a game with someone after spending this long painting! It seems like 20mm Napoleonic is quite niche.

I'd be happy to adapt to whatever rules, although I'm currently trying to learn Lasalle. I've got a decent sized Austrian army, and the start of a British peninsular force as well.

It would be nice to hear if there are any gamers in Europe at all, perhaps we could organise a large 1/72 scale Napoleonic game!
kinjack  United Kingdom

Posted by Fire at Will on 25 Aug 2020, 06:50

The last big Napoleonic game I organised was for the anniversary of Wavre, so you can see how long ago that I used a fair party of my 20mm collection in anger. At the moment our local club is still shutdown and no alternatives. The Napoleonic rules used are a variant on Black Powder.
Fire at Will  United Kingdom

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 25 Aug 2020, 09:06

Hi I am based in Bonn, Germany and building a French nappy army. I have not yet tested on the battlefield and at moment familiarizing with DBN, Black Powder and Lasalle rulesets. I'd be happy to have chance of some battles
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Posted by kinjack on 25 Aug 2020, 12:25

Hi Andrea,

I've heard Bonn is a lovely city, the closest I've visited was Düsseldorf a few years back. A French army - the perfect opposition for my Austrians! Perhaps if we could get a small group together we could a run a game one day.

I'll send you a private message, I'd like to hear how you base your figures.
kinjack  United Kingdom

Posted by kinjack on 25 Aug 2020, 12:27

Fire at Will wrote:The last big Napoleonic game I organised was for the anniversary of Wavre, so you can see how long ago that I used a fair party of my 20mm collection in anger. At the moment our local club is still shutdown and no alternatives. The Napoleonic rules used are a variant on Black Powder.

Oh brilliant, so your club uses 20mm Napoleonic's occasionally? I realise the chances of finding an opponent to play in such a niche scale and period are slim to none, so if the opportunity arises I'd love to pay a visit to your club. Where are you guys based?
kinjack  United Kingdom

Posted by Fire at Will on 25 Aug 2020, 21:10

We are based in the Airbus site just over the border from Chester (at least once they reopen the building)
Fire at Will  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to General Wargaming