Tutorials

Useful stuff to use for Fantasy & Sci-Fi

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Oct 2016, 02:12

Some might well remember my topic that in a rambling stretched out way eventually produced the pictures below.

i make abstract props,and i use toys to tell story`s
This is not unique to me,it has been the way of things down through the ages.

Many will recognize FRED & MAYBELL,
and through story telling have come to learn what fun time characters they are.

These two whatever the setting you find them in, you get to see what you expect,
and so other poses are not needed.______This is unique for toys.

Here they finally escape the Time Table Gallery,only to find themselves lost in an even deeper jungle. Descending the stone steps leading to where the ancient temple stands covered in this invasive jungle, that story ended. Leaving a Cliff Hanger Ending!

i am no artist in the true scence and meaning of the word, however i often use black and white to provide a contrasting balance to my work.

The rough display of castings create natural shadows to aid the picture in view.

How these were made have already been shown,but like a number needing one behind and another ahead in counting so it was that these needed things placed behind,in front,and around them .___________________They need Plants and many hundreds of them too. This i will deal with soon.

In The Return of The Time Table

Ancient Trojans & Greeks, lost and adrift in this sea of jungle battle each other as well as a huge beast. That cause will eventually unit them one and all for their own survival.
This Story has not been released yet. I`m keeping it in my pocket so to speak for later.

O, what long lost ruins are these?

Indeed where is this strange place?
That will be revealed in my story,`The Jungle Photograugh ' A Book of Share Time Dimensions.

What now of this topic?

The Scrounger (me) looking for things that can have other uses. But guys more to the point cheap reasonable priced things.
Now plants by the ones,two`s or even the dozen come in goldlike prices. My aim here is to show what things i buy and use in order to brighten up a scene or even dull it over.
Hopefully with an air of Sci-Fi & Fantasy Mystery.

So it has been long winded so far,but needful things need such explaining or a topic can start off dim
and fade to nothing at all, as a Spiders web does after the first snow fall.

My aim as always is to give away ideas for other uses.

FIVE NEW PLANTS

:mrgreen: "They look pretty darn boring ones BB.

" :cowboy: " Come on....... Give BB,a chance."

i seized upon the opportunity while shopping with my Mrs B, to buy a few plastic decorations.
A hanging Ball shaped one and four other smaller ones in a designed trimmed out plant pattern. Instantly i saw them well fit for my purpose. Which was to rip them apart.

So i bought one of each design they had the total number ringing in truth was five.
Although only four can be seen,me having pulled apart the number five one.

This is the prickly rounded plastic framework left after the plucking.

i bought each one for a Penny under Two Pounds. £1.99
The yield of harvest on that first one was 131 plantlets. They having been well heaped up on the table i began on work destroying another

Those other four including this one was stuck into a plastic plant pot which has gone to the recycling bin, to be ultimately turned into, yes you might have guessed Plant Pots! All these will be added to my existing plant stash! So i will have hundreds more plantlets for just under £10.00

i will let you know how many there were in total later after more plucking time is had.
These can be used for small or large jungle bases.

Before i go.
The Gallery Columns were made by casting up the plastic containers our cream cakes came in.
:-D Now i`m off to bed. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by KGV on 07 Oct 2016, 05:43

Thanks for posting. Very interesting.

PS.
Hope you recover quickly. :-D
KGV  United Kingdom

Posted by Susofrick on 07 Oct 2016, 08:07

Used some plastic plants in my jungle and they work fine for me. Great tip!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Oct 2016, 14:26

A kindred spirit using likewise stuff, Gunnar?
i hope for many more adventures with those Mutts,Nuff & Spud! :-D

KGV,yes i am still upon the mend.
The original wound well earned when on active service in 1971-72. ;-) BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 07 Oct 2016, 20:19

I have some of these lying around here somewhere to! ;-) :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Oct 2016, 01:03

While exploring Table Top Mountain, Fred and MayBell ,have stumbled upon these little fellows that squeak a lot and have snapping jaws with hungry teeth. They popped out and Fred see`s them as very playful little creatures.However MayBell ,does not. Taking no notice of her warnings he kind`da feels that they just want play.

Fred`s mainframe computer has identified them as Seli`docorc`s from some parallel universe!

Things are about to get far worse because Archibald and Precilla, are frantically looking for their young.

a simple set up on my little painting table,and those five plants alone are quite useful at making a jungle,and in a big way. BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Oct 2016, 20:23

A reversed parallel universe

:-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Umpapa on 08 Jan 2017, 02:07

Nicely pulpish! I love it :D
Umpapa  Poland

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Dec 2017, 09:37

Re-modelling existing pieces to make larger photo shoot scenes is a something that at first is not clear to others. I try to explain but lack in certain area`s. My Mrs B,often only understands upon seeing the results going together. Finding props is never easy,however upon seeing this cartoon style bookcase i thought," Yes that might fit my needs." As i have had part of a story in my head for ages so i felt good about obtaining this piece below. I made a rubber mould and set to into casting up various parts of the bookcase.

THE LIBRARY
A Short Story
by little O`ll me

It might surprise you,
as parts of it are true.

Word of such a place: a Library`s existence had certainly become widespread since the earliest of times although throughout the ages there were very few that really believed in such tales. However upon its intact discovery very few dared to enter it after dark. For such that it was: fearsome moving shadows arose in such a darkness from floor and walls and misty like descended from high above,then combined together they began to turn and swirl together in revolving matter. Soon deafening noises of such an awesome oddity began resounding like huge rolling magnets being crushed together within a grinding magnitude. So much so that the loudest scream ever could never be heard. This was just the start up.The beginning of movement,as each bookcase in muddled up turn began to shuffle and reshuffle and cram themselves into differing positions as if they were all part of an awesome pack of metal grinding cards.

This was inspired by my going completely into that C T SCANNER a tube of horrid noisy movement at the hospital recently. Of course there were no such bookcases in there. That is poetic licence as indeed is the troubled picture on view. :-D Yes i`m a little ok. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 03 Sep 2019, 16:13

i was out shopping at B & M`s with my Mrs B, when i spotted a large topiary ball for £7.99.
Mrs B, dressed up a bowl full of the flowers for ornamental display,
:coffee: and i was left with over 300 plants for crazy topics.

:mrgreen: Fred and MayBell, and friends will be sure to get lost in that lot.
:coffee: Perhaps so. We will see what transpires. Sorry about the loss of pictures
a something not caused by my intrepid self. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Return to Tutorials