Painting Competition

52nd Painting Competition Winners

Posted by Peter on 12 Mar 2022, 13:15

First place:

On duty! – 20 mm by Ben90!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second place:

We have one of yours – 20 mm by Gardefar

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third place:

Greifenstein – 32 mm by T. Dürrschmidt

Congratulations! :-D

The other contestants in the competition were:

Konrad - Hey, what's up folks 32mm
Susofrick - Let's Jam 32mm
Kekso - Orc Shaman 32mm
MABO - On the coast of Hastings 1066 20mm
Peter - Scrooge 54mm

Thanks for joining! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Kekso on 12 Mar 2022, 14:42

Congratulations to Ben90 on 1st place.
I want to thank and congratulate to Gardefar and T. Dürrschmidt on 2nd and 3rd place
but also on beating me in some phases of this painting competition.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by MABO on 12 Mar 2022, 15:15

Was a very tough show again. Wonderful entries and worthy winners of the brushes.

But I must confess I need a little explanation on Gardefars entry. I did not really understand what is meant by the title and the scene. :oops: :oops: :oops:
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Bluefalchion on 12 Mar 2022, 15:26

Amazing work by all the contestants! A worthy top-3 but everyone did really well this time.

I hope we can be treated to some additional pics and WIP information on these marvelous entries. Consider this a request.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Bessiere on 12 Mar 2022, 17:03

All those dioramas are splendid works, each with their own story. As for "we have one of yours" by Gardefar it looks to me like a crashed German aviator being brought by farm wagon to get some medical help. Ben's piece is very creative and heartwarming. I like the humanity angle of displays since soldiers didn't fight 1% of the time. Mostly they went on living like ordinary people as much as possible (officers allowing). Congrats to the winners and from what I've seen there are no losers in the group, all have exceptional qualities.
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Konrad on 12 Mar 2022, 17:17

Congratulations to all winners.

Ben90, what a beautiful and peaceful scene.
Love your gulls.

Gardefar, very clean and detailed work.
Very lively and colourful.

Mr. Dürrschmidt, your work was my personal favourite.
I especially like the flag bearer.
In a powerful pose and in strong red
he dominates the whole scene.
Great!
Konrad  Germany
Bronze Brush winner

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Ben90 on 12 Mar 2022, 17:55

A wonderful competition! Thanks to all participants and voters and especially to Peter for making all this fun possible again!
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 12 Mar 2022, 18:14

Conratulations! When I first saw the Roman Sea Soldier I knew this would be the winner. An ingenious scene with the ropes and the seagulls. I did the big mistake and wanted to show a whole diorama in two small pictures. So the detail is too small to see.

And cheers to all other contestants.

Greifenstein was the first diorama with the use of a 3D printed building and 3D printed figures. In the next time I will send some additional pics.

This time I couldn´t do my usual sunlight outdoor pictures. At the weakend snowy weather and during the week in the office and no time for pictures.

Cheers from Bavaria

Thomas
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Posted by Bluefalchion on 12 Mar 2022, 18:52

T. Dürrschmidt wrote:Conratulations! When I first saw the Roman Sea Soldier I knew this would be the winner. An ingenious scene with the ropes and the seagulls. I did the big mistake and wanted to show a whole diorama in two small pictures. So the detail is too small to see.

And cheers to all other contestants.

Greifenstein was the first diorama with the use of a 3D printed building and 3D printed figures. In the next time I will send some additional pics.

This time I couldn´t do my usual sunlight outdoor pictures. At the weakend snowy weather and during the week in the office and no time for pictures.

Cheers from Bavaria

Thomas

You mention mistakes, but I think it is one of the best projects you have ever displayed here at Bennos. For you, that is saying a lot.

Greifenstein is a dio so good that it probably would have won about 40 of the 52 painting competitions, and maybe more than that. What a forum we have when a project of such excellence actually comes in third!
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 12 Mar 2022, 19:00

Congratulations to all the participants for an excellent competition! :yeah:
Thank you Peter for making this possible! :notworthy:
I admire winners works and especially Ben 90 for a well deserved 1st place. :notworthy:
Last but not least, MABO's work is eyecatching to my taste! :love1:
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by santifernandez on 12 Mar 2022, 20:08

Congratulations to the winners and participants, mention also to the organizer for their work.
Santi.
santifernandez  Spain

Posted by Ben90 on 12 Mar 2022, 21:51

T. Dürrschmidt wrote:I did the big mistake and wanted to show a whole diorama in two small pictures. So the detail is too small to see.

Your diorama would have been a worthy winner as well. I loved everything, especially the flag-wielding guy was a real eye-catcher!!! But you are right about the difficulty of showing a diorama in only two pictures. I think there is noting wrong by contributing with a multi figure diorama, but it is always a pain in the a** to show it in only two pictures... I even had problems to decide which two photos of my one-man-dio I should choose for the competition :mrgreen:
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by Santi Pérez on 13 Mar 2022, 20:19

I also join in congratulating all the people who have made another edition of the Painting Competition possible. :beer:

All the entries were of high quality, but from the start I was catched by Ben90 work. :drool:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Susofrick on 15 Mar 2022, 09:23

This was another great and fun competition! And it was fun that it was a lot of other scales too!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 15 Mar 2022, 11:31

great entries! congrats to all contenders! Ben90 made a fantastic job: it's a well deserved win. It was one of my favorite entries together with On the coast of Hastings 1066 and the Orc Shaman.
When is the next painting competition?
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Posted by Rich W on 16 Mar 2022, 00:52

Congratulations to everyone for their wonderful entries. Thanks Peter for organising it as well!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Graeme on 18 Mar 2022, 03:06

Great competition, all of the entries were very good and choosing who to vote for was not easy.

But congratulations to the winners for these outstanding pieces.

Ben's bird feeder is a great idea for a scene, excellent painting and modeling, and the seagulls are just wonderful. :love:

The downed pilot being returned to his airfield is also a great idea for a scene, and the modeling and painting is terrific as well. Very nicely done.

The Greifenstein diorama is fabulous as a fairly large scene, crammed with detail and so well executed. But the painting of the figures is so good that I think that any one of them could have been a serious entry on it's own.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Peter on 25 Mar 2022, 15:01

Mr. Andrea wrote:When is the next painting competition?

Soon my friend! It will not be a half year or longer this time! ;-)

Thank you all for the kind words! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Painting Competition