General

[Minairons] 1:56 Chevrolet 1.5 ton Truck is back!

Posted by Lluis of Minairons on 24 Jan 2023, 16:44

Yes it is! After a long while of unavailability, the 1:56th scale version of the iconic Chevrolet light truck is back on our shelves - but now as a digital product rather than a physical one. We're now selling it as a set of STL files for 3D-printing - either by the purchaser himself, or by using a 3D-printing service.

Despite having simplified a bit the model kit, we've nevertheless kept it as a multi-part set in order to ease its painting job, as well as an eventual customization. So it consists now of separate parts for chassis, front, cab roof, bed, wheels and optional tarpaulin and steering wheel - still less than its former physical counterpart, that had also separate parts for bumper, headlights and rearview mirror.

Chevy's STL files come in a .RAR or .ZIP file on demand. Due to the compressed file exceeding a bit the maximum allowance of our website's software (which is below 2 Mb), an automated download cannot be set; therefore, the STLs must be delivered manually using a secure service such as WeTransfer after order is paid for - apologies for the slight inconvenience! Meanwhile, we're planning to set a store front in Wargaming3D shortly.

Also, we are already working out the same with another well-known 1:56 model kit - the Henschel Type 33 heavy truck.

Lluís Vilalta
minairons.eu
Minairons blog
Minairons facebook
Lluis of Minairons  Europe

Posted by zirrian on 24 Jan 2023, 21:30

stl files are very welcomed! did you think about scanning your figures too for digital distribution?
zirrian  Hungary

Posted by Lluis of Minairons on 25 Jan 2023, 14:28

zirrian wrote:stl files are very welcomed! did you think about scanning your figures too for digital distribution?

Uhm... yes I did, at times ;-)
Minairons' figures do nominally belong to a different range - the 1:72nd scale one -, so I believe that if scanned and upscaled they would look quite chunky, in comparison to other products specifically scaled at 1:56th...

Posted by zirrian on 26 Jan 2023, 18:31

Lluis of Minairons wrote:
Uhm... yes I did, at times ;-)
Minairons' figures do nominally belong to a different range - the 1:72nd scale one -, so I believe that if scanned and upscaled they would look quite chunky, in comparison to other products specifically scaled at 1:56th...

They would be awesome as 1:72 printables too, tho :)
zirrian  Hungary

Posted by Lluis of Minairons on 27 Jan 2023, 10:30

zirrian wrote:They would be awesome as 1:72 printables too, tho :)

Perhaps, but our 1:72 ranges do already exist as physical products, and they are significantly wider and more extensive than the 1:56 one.

Return to General