General

28mm Napoleonic Cavalry and Infantry

Posted by Beano Boy on 29 Sep 2019, 18:07

:cowboy: It was one of those put off jobs,that sort of nags at ones fancy.

................................................... :winky: BB, THE BOOT BOY

:eh: Hey pushing the title on is my job!

:cowboy: You`ve been sacked for slopping off ta go a fishing!
:shock: :shock: :drool: o`dear a smiley given the push!

:sst: like somebody with worn-out boots ,playing footy is out of the question. so wingnut is sent off.
:mrgreen: He he BB, surely would not be so cruel ?

;-) Do Forum wingnuts have boots or even shoes?
:read: Yip! it`s in here in the hardware section.

:coffee: Talking upon the subject of footwear, i'll consider wingnuts position when i`ve finished this ere repair job on e`m warlord-games Prussian Boots!

:coffee: Thirty two of e`m needed fixing as toes were sticking out of half of them. and the others had nothing at all upon their poor hurt bandaged feet. So i filled each foot over creating black shinny boots.

:mrgreen: A bit like mounding up Spud`s wive :sst: em shovel.

:cowboy: I could use a new pair myself, as mine have been on since the end of The Great War. Said the Cowboy who always sleeps in his boots.

:eh: Please don`t take them off,i feel sick enough already.

:sst: and so it was bb, found himself repairing them feet full of blisters,
upon a very wet, dark and gloomy Sunday.

:coffee: i most surely did, and all i need do know is find their heads. BB ___________ :eh: What?
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by PhilC on 29 Sep 2019, 19:13

Hi BB, any of your post tells a story, always nice to read.
But I try really hard to stay away from this thread, because I don't want to start buying 28mm figs! I'm already too slow as a painter :)
PhilC  Europe

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Beano Boy on 30 Sep 2019, 00:27

It`s real nice of you Phil, to comment. :thumbup: Thank`s

Please give my stuff a look now and again as i plan lots of encouraging displays for all those like myself who have difficulty painting due to illness.

The progress on this topic is turning upon its head. It is now what can i do with shacking hands caused by tremor. i feel i must try at least. Then all Members can laugh along with me,instead of just laughing at me_________if they wish to.

Yes i also like to weave a few funny tongue in cheek comic book gags into something that entails the boring bits of any hobby of mine.
That is why i choose the handle Beano Boy. It means a bean feast of fun.

Resin boots, fine and shiny without a toe in sight. Now i am ready to start fixing heads then painting red , off white ,yellow and a deep well worn blue.
:cowboy: Brown muskets, :sst: and buttons bb? :coffee: i`m not one for buttons.

To everyone young of age busy growing up or oldies like myself busy growing down, to do a little something hobby-wise is far better than doing nothing at all.
i know of another respected Member going through hand tremors too, hopefully he still visits from that other place Mr C, went to. As this is especially for Him, You and Me alike. C U all Soon. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by PhilC on 30 Sep 2019, 19:51

Yes yes, I've read this one too, and I still stand firm :yeah:
PhilC  Europe

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Oct 2019, 01:00

In my 70th year i am still having fun in the most novel way, by writing. BB

............................................ :winky: Fixed A Few Heads

Prussian batch underway. :sst: but bb, has no new paints to polish these guys up in darkest blue. :cowboy: What no paint ta finish e`m off ?
:eh: Why?
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ROUGH TRADER!

i`ve asked PayPal to get my money back into my Account . For none delivery of my order. :mrgreen: PayPal can freeze their Account if they do not comply. :thumbup: It seems ModelHobbies have gone Rough! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Marvin on 02 Oct 2019, 09:16

I've ordered lots and lots from Model Hobbies and they've always been superb. However... I've also heard somewhere before that if, for whatever reason, your stuff doesn't come through the post then they never reply to any emails or sort it out. It's a shame as in every other respect they've great but their after sales service appears to be woeful. :eh:

And if they're delaying BB's Prussian project then, quite frankly, that's completely unforgivable!!! :mad:

Hope it all sorts out soon for you.
Marvin  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Nov 2019, 02:54

These are plastic 28mm figures. They retail at £12.00, but i bought mine for £10.00 from my book club.
The poses are from the metal range of figures.

My first mounted Prussians.

The wire wound tree`s i am making will suit both 28mm figures and also 1/72 scale ones too.

Yes i did receive my new enamel paints from Model hobbies. i live in hope that i can use them. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 05 Dec 2019, 00:06

...................... :winky: SHOWING TWO OF THE NEWEST CASTINGS

So sorry they ain`t painted guys, ;-) but i did managed to stick the heads on these Prussian Officers which is at least something to show in this review. i bought two sets, and a good thing too, because if you cut the metal sprue off these figures the legs will break away easily at the horses hooves. The castings seemed alright but because the horses were bent over to one side when i tried to put them in a stand up alone figure they broke as already described.

The second set i trimmed the bottom of each platform they stand on,but left the metal sprue attached as seen in the photograph. So if any of you buy these from Warlord Games, this review presents a clear and present danger of easy breakage, but also my keen way of avoiding it.

:coffee: The horses and platforms on the broken set will be
soldered together later after i buy some flux. :eh: EH?

As my PVA Glue fixed tight my shot gun pellets onto my Railway Bridge, i reasoned that the Officers heads could be fixed in a similar way. I coated both the neck of the head and inside collar on the figure, then i waited until the white glue was tacky, and added a touch more wet glue over those parts again and then pushed each head casting into place. Five minutes later i applied pressure very hard on top of each noggin, by my thumb! This caused a very good contact, which delighted little me as i manhandled them quite roughly later to test the quality of each bonding now completely dried. All this action and each head stayed put.

:coffee: That's it for now. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Dec 2019, 18:26

Just fresh out of the hot molding machines,
and onto the market place wherever that might be,
are the new set of Perry`s French Infantry.

:-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Dec 2019, 13:08

Here is the other New Perry`s 28mm French Infantry Set 1807-1814, which i will review when it arrives.
i saved a £1.00 on each box by buying through my book club. Every little helps the collection.
i bought two boxes. 40 Figures for £19.00 with Free Post, ain`t a bad deal to make. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Dec 2019, 14:45

................................................ :coffee: 44 Figures for £18.00 ain`t a bad price to pay

At PERRY`S They Retail at £20.00 a Box.

...................................................... :read: Six Sprue's below

................................................... :coffee: Two Sprue`s below

There are only four figures in the firing pose.

........................................................ :cowboy: One Sprue below

:coffee: Options for uniforms is included in the box. Far to many to post here.

:coffee: All the best over the holiday period. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Rich W on 29 Dec 2019, 13:20

I think you have greater patience than me, putting all those parts together!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Feb 2020, 00:48

It must be said,
Well written of here at least that i ain't that good at sticking plastic pieces together, or painting them anymore. So most of my large boxed sets remain in my toy figure collection sitting in comfy style upon the shelves in the railway room where they remain in tip top Mint condition.

i still get pleasure in buying and collecting top quality stuff when my mood swings, point me happily into that direction. My Mrs,B, realises that i get a buzz out of collecting, books and toys.

:cowboy: A right good compulsive hobby for a growing down BEANO BOY.
:sst: that in spite of things must always try and retain his smile.

Image Troopers at the Trot

ON MY NEW TABLE

Three troopers for part of The Union Brigade 1815.
Also three troopers for British Light Cavalry: American War of Independence. :mrgreen: Ya! i like it.

:cowboy: And so it was Pards.

:coffee: i chanced upon making a good deal upon these Perry Miniatures, by buying loose sprues for £3.00 each . Three Dragoons per sprue. So £1.00 per trooper and horse. This means i can glue these up without having to dip into my boxed sets.

i expect to pay £1.00 for combined postage on the deal, as i bought ten plastic sprues.
A cool saving of £18.00,by not buying two boxed sets at £46.00,and besides that i gained an extra two mounted troopers.

:coffee: Every little helps keep the hobby reasonably priced.

:coffee: Wait a minute things are even better because there are 60 Troopers,but only 30 horses. That is ok, as i bought extra horse sprues ages ago. What goes around,comes around.

As it happened i received no combined postage on this order,and so that amounted to £10.00
So that sliced a big wod of money out of my savings... So i saved £8.00 ;-) i`mmm.

............................... :winky: MAKING THEM PAY THE POSTAGE

:mrgreen: Mr Winky is sure on form today.

French Dragoons Sprue £4.00 plus £1.00 Postage.
Two casualties included which is a nice bonus from Perry`s, if you like that kind of thing.
Press them into,` blu tac ', remove and cast them up in Plaster of Paris,.... as many as you might need.

i call this playing the Postage Game on my second order. i will order one sprue at a time and in doing so make them pay the postage on every item i`ve ordered. As one order arrives i re-order another. :eh:
i love the E Bay Game. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by KGV on 01 Feb 2020, 12:33

Just out of interest BB, who is the seller? Then I will know who to play your postage game with. :-)
KGV  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 04 Feb 2020, 20:14

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/nannyogg999? ... 7675.l2563

There you go KGV,with the Link above.
i had a good time in communication via e-mail with them,and they said they charge postage on each item they sell,and give no combined postage on large orders.

i told them that i`ll order one at a time from now on if and when i deal with them. They were not impressed by my lateral thinking upon the matter of trading with them..
So i`ll make them play and pay the Postage Game, i`ve already explained.

My cheeky order for one arrived today ,and i`ve just placed another order for one again. i like this arrangement as i can build up my collection along with A 4 size bubble wrap postal bags for my further use later on. Logically,i am actually buying by their own tight set rules.
:coffee: Yes most certainly i Love this Game. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by KGV on 05 Feb 2020, 00:07

Thanks BB.

I have dealt with him before. He's seems to be a bit of a rip off merchant.
I bought some tokens from him a few years back. The had left the label and price tag of the manufacturer on them.
When I looked at their website, he had added £3 per pack. When I complained I never got a reply.
A friend of mine bought a £30 rule book from him that was wrinkled and stinking. He complained and was told they had a batch of water damaged one's arrive. He got a £5 refund.

The guy is an arse.
KGV  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 05 Feb 2020, 03:35

i dealt with a so called lady via e-mail who was a right Old NANNYOGG WITCH.
:coffee: Can i say Witch?.. :mrgreen: Well you just have. :sst: i don't like them they are scary beyond belief.
i use Mrs B`s, E Bay and Pay Pal Account when shopping on Line. So i sort all situations out my own dear friendly self. At times it is very interesting to do so,as they soon find out that i am no push over.
I`m sure i made her day a little bit more stressful while using logic and not bad language.

Being able to write with a flowing thoughtful pattern of creativity certainly helps out at unfair trading times. When i typed out the 25% Postage they charge on sales every time,i think she blew her top by her return e-mail she sent me. Well Mrs B, really. :mrgreen: :cowboy: :read: :winky: :sst:
:coffee: It sure was fun exchanging broadsides with NANNYOGG,who i believe sank into a sea of their own greedy making.
:coffee: So the funny game continues on and on,and without the further need of e-mails.
i must put this game in a chapter of my ongoing little book. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by KGV on 05 Feb 2020, 13:28

BB, while I think about it, he also trades under the name Caliver Books. His Nannyogg thing is just his ebay account.
KGV  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 06 Feb 2020, 14:36

Yes that is very true KGV. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 06 Feb 2020, 18:46

French Dragoon, should the musket be before the leg? Across the leg? Or dangling down behind the leg?
Or across the back of the dragoon? It seems to me these are very heavy weapons to be flapping around willy nilly.

Sorry unpainted. BB
Beano Boy  England

Previous pageNext page

Return to General