Work in Progress

Flakpanzer Ostwind

Posted by JurgenH on 19 Feb 2023, 04:17

I have started a new heavy metal project. The Flakpanzer IV Ostwind, I have done some kitbashing. The PIV is from Revell Aúsf.H .This kit is now hard to get in Germany since Revell has probably stopped production.I had gotten at a dealer still 2 kits.
There are some conversions necessary. If I understand my literature correctly, J versions were used for production and war reasons. It should have been manufactured so to the 50 pieces. The information is very unclear.
On the PIV I carefully cut off the middle support rollers and glued only 1 in the middle. So only 3 rolls.

Then I also moved the radio hatch, it has to be at the same height as the driver's hatch. Because of the turret being moved forward. I haven't started this turret work yet ,because I still have to build the turret. The turret is left over from my Stug III C model.So Revell Ostwind Panzer III.

I just glued the section I cut out back in the front and spackled it. It was much more exciting to cut off the rain gutter and hatch hinges and glue them back on. The gutter is only 0.2mm thick. But it worked well.
Then I bolted and filled all the places where the apron hinges should be glued. The exhaust is also changed ,at Ausf. J 2 flame destroyers have to be used. They are from my scrap box. They are resin casts of another model.

The attachments are all glued and in the meantime the model is also primed. Here is another picture with the 2nd support roller the mounting plate is scratch.

The east wind still had storage boxes on the right side, I still have to make these.

Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by Peter on 19 Feb 2023, 12:08

Nice! Following this Jürgen!
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by JurgenH on 01 Mar 2023, 18:46

Hello all. It goes on.
I think it's good that we exchange knowledge in the forum and are willing to learn. I couldn't cut off the bullet deflector on the tank chassis in one piece. I ahaba recreated it with Drawn Castings. (Different thicknesses as it was thicker at the front of the hatches)

I will move the spare wheels to the rear. I will keep the arrangement of the tools and not use a jack (In German Stockwinde). I don't have a picture where I can see how the tools are installed with wind.
Jürgen
Here are the next pictures from my ostwind. It cames to the end before the finish colour . Imust build only the shellbox. Ihave paint the gun Segment before i glue it in the turret. then i can build the shellbox.
It will continue in the next few days.
Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by sansovino on 04 Mar 2023, 18:48

A nice and very helpful report how to transform a tank-set.
sansovino  Germany

Posted by JurgenH on 05 Mar 2023, 21:05

Hello,
We continue with the east wind.
Here are some update pictures. I scratchbuilt the gun barrel shield, as well as the holders for the spare barrel rollers.
Today I primed the Ostwind, all attachments are in place that will not interfere before painting in dark yellow.

The seats in the tower silver only from the lighting

Now I want to deal with the l sratchbuild, the shell basket for the 3,7 Flak . For this I have to abe the gun to define the size of the shell basket.

Jürgen

Here are the picture of the Ostwind. the last pictures are mit XF

Now I want to deal with the l sratchbuild, the shell basket for the 3,7 Flak . For this I have to abe the gun to define the size of the shell basket.

Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by Peter on 06 Mar 2023, 12:57

Nice! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by JurgenH on 07 Mar 2023, 17:40

Hello
I am the master of disaster. I wanted to paint the east wind, I have lazy as I bin, all places with the text marker shaded. then I reached for old tamiya paint. the result is not really beautiful (horrible).
The color of the marker has completely run, after drying I sprayed lighter valleyo dark sand. everything dried well.
Try tomorrow again xf 64. I have at the moment no valleyo that I like.
Here are the picture of the Ostwind. The 2 last pictures are mit XF64 brushed,

Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by JurgenH on 24 Mar 2023, 04:29

Hello all

It goes on.
The tracks are mounted and the tank got a wash with Gameswork shop with Agrax work shade. I'll hold back on shipping as it's supposed to be a relatively new vehicle. The sleeve basket is also fully assembled. I used curtain blinds as a net. Leftovers from a wedding dress also work well. The holder for the spare chain is still missing, I think I threw it in the garbage. Closing the rod again is not a problem. Today I will do the work on it as well as the bolts and chains for the front towing eyes. Here are the pictures.

Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by Peter on 24 Mar 2023, 15:35

Nice work on the tracks Jürgen! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by JurgenH on 02 Apr 2023, 03:35

Hello
Here are my next steps on the east wind. There was a lot of spackling on the tower.
The reason for this are the stiffening plates at the tower cutout in the front, which were not 100% accurate. The upper part always turned away during gluing.
I have taped with Tesaband, insulating tape and the adhesive spots of Post it Block
Everything I found good to use. But now the pictures.

greetings Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by C M Dodson on 02 Apr 2023, 08:09

Very nice work indeed.

The attention to detail elevates the model to another level.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by JurgenH on 03 Apr 2023, 20:18

Hello
Now it's the turn of the figures I have 4 Orion figures from the Tanksets 1+2 selected zaz a Preiserfigur.I I wanted to show times the entire variety of tank uniforms from late 43 to 45.
Have fun with the pictures

Greetings
Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by Peter on 07 Apr 2023, 22:18

It's all coming very nice together! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by MABO on 09 Apr 2023, 07:44

Hello Jürgen,
I would add some wasing and shading on the figures. That brings out the details. I think your figs will look better and it is easy to make. Only my humble orrinion of course.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by JurgenH on 17 Apr 2023, 21:04

Hi
Here are the last pictures of the workbench. They show the construction of a workshop. The materials are insulation for laminate flooring (green), plastic card for the doors from a sign from a workshop. Blister clear film, 100-grit sandpaper. The base was part of a butter dish and has now started its final use in my Dio. Finished products are only the window crosspieces, roofing material from railway accessories and the lamps, also railways. The rest is scratch built. I think I'll be done shortly. Since I am going to our meeting of model friends "Gilde", that Dio wants to show.

Image[/url

][url=https://abload.de/image.php?img=20230329_220443g5iw8.jpg]Image

Image[/url

[url=https://abload.de/image.php?img=20230405_164922aji37.jpg]Image

Jürgen H
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by Santi Pérez on 20 Apr 2023, 19:31

Nice workshop, Jürgen. I like the successive pictures of its development and the final result. :thumbup:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 20 Apr 2023, 22:05

Nice base and thank you for the "making off"! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Work in Progress