Work in Progress

Starting my Russian Army

Posted by Bessiere on 09 Dec 2022, 14:38

That makes 2 of us.
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by PatrickJ71 on 11 Dec 2022, 14:30

After painting hunderds of French cuirassiers, I can imagine it must be a joy to paint other units and use different colours.
These are again excellent, Bessiere and a good start of your Russian army.
What paint did you use for the "green"?
It's nice to see how everyone makes suggestions how you can deal with certain 'flaws' in existing figures and make them work. That's what makes this forum so great!
thank you for sharing and keep 'm coming
Patrick.
PatrickJ71  Belgium

Posted by Bessiere on 11 Dec 2022, 17:01

Yes Patrick, you're right - a change was very much a relief. 4 years straight of only French and Austrians made painting Russians quite fun. Not just the colors but so many of my favorite sets happen to be Russian, namely the Strelets and Zvezda models.
The greens I used for the grenadiers was a mix of Vallejo Deep Green, Military Green and Dark Prussian Blue. The jaegers are Medium Olive with some red mixed in to tone it down. Sources will show you a million different shades so ultimately it becomes your personal preference. I like using mixed colors but you have to commit to doing a large number at one sitting to make it worthwhile.
One thing I've noticed is at 1/72 scale colors appear darker and need to be lightened up a tad to look "right".
Cheers,
Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress