Work in Progress

Ostwind III to Stug III C

Posted by JueHue on 13 May 2022, 03:29

Good

My latest work started with a bad purchase .
I saw the Revell Ostwind in Ka Li. At home I noticed that it was the prototype, PIII instead of PIV. The kit had been stored in the cellar for a while. Now it's my turn. I decided not to build paper tanks. Now comes a
The turret will be put on a PIV sometime. The chassis will become an
assault gun. Real kit bashing. I have taken stock in my spare parts store. Fits, everything there.
Revell lower hull, Trumpeter upper hull. Lots of small parts from various manufacturers. The only thing I have to carve myself is the rear wall of the tank superstructure. Except for a few small parts I have looked for everything together, what is missing is scratched.
First I glued the Revell hull. Of course I drilled the holes for the emergency exits in the track area according to the instructions. And closed them again. Then I did some adjustment work and a bit of filling on the PZ superstructure. I will probably saw out the hatches.
Here are a few pictures.
Hatches sawed out and latches made.
Sanded everything nice and thin. Cut and glued the old etched parts for the locking mechm.(thank you Paul ) made the fighting compartment floor and glued it.anis

[url=https://abload.de/image.php?img=dscf44344wj0y.jpg]Image[/url

As the hatches are now open you can see the protective frame for the tube return.I have partly indicated it or reproduced it from wire and plastic. The tracks are already painted except for the ageing.
Next up is the SFL scope and the commander's scissor scope, then the lid on the Pz hull. A few parts still have to be adapted, such as the exhaust, antenna holder and some other things.

Have a nice day
Jürgen
JueHue  Germany

Posted by tullo on 13 May 2022, 19:19

hello
the palms are homemade from wire, zewa kitchen towel, and structure paste, wood glue and artificial silk flowers.
greetings
tullo  Germany

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 19 May 2022, 13:56

Well, keep going, a bad purchase can still lead to a great project!
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by JueHue on 25 May 2022, 17:08

Hi
Here I would like to show the latest pictures of the development of the STUG III C/D. Almost all parts are installed. The winter camouflage has now been applied and it has already snowed a bit. Unfortunately I don't have any good photos of it. More after our vacation.

greetings Jürgen
JueHue  Germany

Posted by Peter on 25 May 2022, 22:09

Looking good so far Jürgen! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by JueHue on 12 Jun 2022, 20:14

Teil III
Now I'm back from vacation. It snowed a little during Stug. It is complete except for a few parts. As a test, I applied some snow to the drive, it is still missing on the structure. I always use sodium bicarbonate soda for the snow. Fixed with Mig fixer. I also applied some painting with oil paints. In the next few days I will attach all the parts and treat them in color.
Now the pictures.

greetings Jürgen
JueHue  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 07 Jul 2022, 13:11

Wonderfull and you did some fanatstic weahering! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by JueHue on 08 Jul 2022, 03:55

First of all, I would like to say that I am glad that nothing bad happened to the forum. Happy to be able to post again. Missed beda's forums. Many thanks to Benno for his efforts.
So now but professionally.

Oops a mishap.
I had my stug ready for an internal club meeting. To finish, I just applied a layer of clear coat. Then the result was like this.

I was very excited about how well I can produce crackle varnish. All whining does not help, action had to follow. Luckily, only the paint above was not what I had in mind. So I have a tub roof and gearbox side scratched off the paint. It wasn't possible on the engine deck, I would have destroyed too much. I made the stug into a (gypsy dog). A lot of equipment under a tarpaulin, tied up nicely so that nothing gets lost. I retouched the other parts with a brush as best I could, which I think I did quite well. Now I would like to add 2 figures that reflect the cold winter of 1941/42.

greetings
Jürgen
JueHue  Germany

Posted by JueHue on 08 Jul 2022, 19:52

Hey
It goes on. I converted 2 new characters from these popular faces. The work on the base continues.

greetings
Jürgen
JueHue  Germany

Posted by Peter on 12 Jul 2022, 21:39

Looking great Jürgen! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by dombom on 13 Jul 2022, 10:24

Looks really nice and you did a wonderful job :-)
dombom  Germany

Posted by JueHue on 14 Jul 2022, 16:10

Hello,
It's very warm in Germany. I let it snow a bit to cool down. unfortunately didn't help me.

JueHue  Germany

Posted by Peter on 15 Jul 2022, 20:19

Nice and funny Jürgen! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Minuteman on 17 Jul 2022, 12:24

Great snow and ice effects, and the rather battered and frozen Stug III C looks very convincing.
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Return to Work in Progress