Work in Progress

Ostwind II in Stug III C

Posted by JueHue on 12 May 2022, 20:35

Good evening

My latest work started with a bad purchase .
I saw the Revell Ostwind in a shop. At home I noticed that it was the prototype, PIII instead of PIV. The kit had been stored in the cellar for a while. Now it's my turn. I decided not to build paper tanks. Now comes a
The turret will be put on a PIV sometime. The chassis will become an
assault gun. Real kit bashing. I have taken stock in my spare parts store. Fits, everything there.
Revell lower hull, Trumpeter upper hull. Lots of small parts from various manufacturers. The only thing I have to carve myself is the rear wall of the tank superstructure. Except for a few small parts I have looked for everything together, what is missing is scratched.
First I glued the Revell hull. Of course I drilled the holes for the emergency exits in the track area according to the instructions. And closed them again. Then I did some adjustment work and a bit of filling on the PZ superstructure. I will probably saw out the hatches.
Here are a few pictures.
Hatches sawed out and latches made.
Sanded everything nice and thin. Cut and glued the old etched parts for the locking mechm.(thank you Paul ) made the fighting compartment floor and glued it.anis

[url=https://abload.de/image.php?img=dscf44344wj0y.jpg]Image[/url

As the hatches are now open you can see the protective frame for the tube return.I have partly indicated it or reproduced it from wire and plastic. The tracks are already painted except for the ageing.
Next up is the SFL scope and the commander's scissor scope, then the lid on the Pz hull. A few parts still have to be adapted, such as the exhaust, antenna holder and some other things.
Stay healty
Jürgen
JueHue  Germany

Posted by Peter on 13 May 2022, 15:22

Nice start Jürgen! Following! :thumbup:

Are you family of Huib? :eh:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by JueHue on 13 May 2022, 18:59

No ,i am German .But my grandmother came fron Nederlands.
greetings
Jürgen
JueHue  Germany

Posted by huib on 16 May 2022, 11:50

Peter wrote:Are you family of Huib? :eh:

JueHue wrote:No ,i am German .But my grandmother came fron Nederlands.

Hahaha, and I am Dutch, but my grandmother came from Germany. So, who knows! :-D
Nice kitbash, Jürgen!
huib  Netherlands

Return to Work in Progress