Work in Progress

Aramean figures

Posted by Xantippos on 22 Aug 2021, 13:58

Here are the other soldiers I've managed to sculpt, mould and cast this summer :-) , Arameans. Here are the pictures of the casted result, I've done them in two plastics. I plan on maybe painting the prototypes, and maybe casting in a third colour, as to represent the many Aramean kingdoms of Bronze age.

I only made 5 poses, but I modified them to give a bit more of life. I might do a few more in the future, to complement the ranks, if I find more time and more info about them.

Now I plan to maybe doing White Huns, I'll see if I have time before September when I start work again!

More pics

More pics

More pics

More pics

Xantippos  

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 23 Aug 2021, 01:09

I will always commend custom sculpts, with the dedication and time required to make them. I especially love ancients models, great work!
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by MABO on 23 Aug 2021, 06:36

You can make your own figs in plastic, that is fantastic. Maybe you can make some close-up? I am really interested in the details.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 23 Aug 2021, 09:13

MABO wrote: Maybe you can make some close-up? I am really interested in the details.

Yeah, me too... and don't be ashamed... 99% of us here aren't able to sculpt at all (if someone is offended by this then you're in this 1% :xd: )
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Peter on 27 Aug 2021, 17:56

I have to bad eyes to sculp something. I even started with bodypainting because I couldn't see my small figures anymore! :winky:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 01 Sep 2021, 01:42

Kekso wrote:
Yeah, me too... and don't be ashamed... 99% of us here aren't able to sculpt at all (if someone is offended by this then you're in this 1% :xd: )

When I sculpt I can't get the joins to look smooth, I kind of layer it on by spreading it as thinly as I can to the 'base' of plastic and hope for the best. It's definitely not easy. I mostly only do it to fill gaps for head swaps and such.
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by MABO on 04 Sep 2021, 07:36

OwenChpw wrote:
When I sculpt I can't get the joins to look smooth, I kind of layer it on by spreading it as thinly as I can to the 'base' of plastic and hope for the best. It's definitely not easy. I mostly only do it to fill gaps for head swaps and such.

I know what you mean... :mrgreen:
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Xantippos on 05 Sep 2021, 08:38

Thanks for the comments! if you click twice on the picture, first it will open in a new tab, and then it will expand greatly ;) . My idea would be to make some more and paint them, along with painting the prototypes too. Ideally, I would make even a few more poses, and even a chariot, but I think I would leave this for a later date.
Xantippos  

Return to Work in Progress