Work in Progress

Catapult Trireme

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 13 Aug 2021, 02:28

Howlin wrote:thank you, I put a lot more custom work into this one and still quite a bit to go really, many of the pieces are cut, then carved to shape, then glued, and cut or carved some more. I just want to solidify design before I fill in milliput in parts.

Question: would it be better to just have been better I just make one thread " Triremes, Biremes, and More"
so as I add ships they all stay together for those that want to follow? Or make a thread to give emphasis to what is new?

Yeah, it's very impressive, it's a lot of work and clearly you're dedicated to the project!

I don't know, mate. I think it's up to you, if you like to have multiple threads you can, or you can have a general thread about ships. It's just different ways of showing work on models I guess.
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by Santi Pérez on 14 Aug 2021, 13:35

You have made a fantastic conversion on that ship, as well as the so complete research to carry it out, Howlin. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Well done. :thumbup:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Howlin on 14 Aug 2021, 23:04

Thank you all for the support, just sharing as so many great projects here have inspired me. And to have a thread to motivate me like a accountability partner to get them painted.

The next one is a total treat, a bonus, from the sows of buying too many models and kit bashing them. Stay tuned for surprises....

I am most excited....
Howlin  United States of America

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 15 Aug 2021, 01:14

Howlin wrote:Thank you all for the support, just sharing as so many great projects here have inspired me. And to have a thread to motivate me like a accountability partner to get them painted.

The next one is a total treat, a bonus, from the sows of buying too many models and kit bashing them. Stay tuned for surprises....

I am most excited....

Yeah I think project sharing is a good motivator, I have internal deadlines I have for myself, like try to paint a unit at least once every 3 months or something. And then you have periods where you're more enthusiastic and sometimes you lose that and life gets busier, but having an overall timeline and self-imposed obligation can help. I work in phases, so I can balance my life with my other hobbies, like writing.
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by Howlin on 15 Aug 2021, 06:44

Yeah I have many interest and creative projects I take on.

This one grew like a an oak tree from tiny acorn, to its final scope I do not know!

Its like my retirement plan to keep busy when that happens just gettin' a head start ya know...

Posted by Xantippos on 15 Aug 2021, 14:12

Wonderful! full of creativity yet tremendously plausible and realistic. It looks amazing already, will be interesting to see how you paint it ;) .

Certainly, I think that a lot of times strict historical accuracy ends up being inaccurate! some modellers/companies think is only acceptable to make a unit exactly as described or shown in some contemporary source, but the truth is that the strange and the unique is usually much more common than most people think. Plus it is so much more fun to be creative!
Xantippos  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Howlin on 29 Aug 2021, 22:31

Coming soon "The Leviathan"

I am pretty far along but wil post early as I am going to need some advise from some expert modelers for this one,

Sharing the source inspirations

Hope u enjoy, thanks.

???????

Posted by Howlin on 30 Aug 2021, 07:00

The thread for new ship can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24989

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress