Work in Progress

Seleucid Army 1000 pts WAB

Posted by Zaphzaph on 09 Feb 2021, 11:33

Good morning everyone,

I am new on this forum and I am amazed at the quality of the work produced by you guys.

I have joined the hobby when I was a kid and now I have some plans :winky:

I wanted to produce a full Seleucid Army for WAB (I know quite an old rule but still enjoyable)

I used the old WAB forum army list (unofficial but stick to a DBM style of army, quite cool and historically accurate)

Here is the plan, it's quite a modest one because I want to feel motivated and not overwhelmed.

So I will have the following:

1 x Sub general mounted
3 x Agema
6 x Line Cavalry
Now a strong infantry core
12 x Argyraspids
12 x Phalanx
12 x Phalanx
1 x Cataphracted Elephant

Now you probably noticed that I do not have any skirmishers... but these are my limitations.... A seleucid army may recruit quite a large variety of troops and a variety of quality. I wanted to have a cool looking army roster. Hopefully it will look good :-D

I am using 1/72 figures:
- Hat Phalangites
- Zvezda Macedonian Phalanx
- Zvezda Macedonian Cavalry
- Hat Hypaspists (For command figures)
- Zvezda War Elephants

I have already started this project but will let you now regarding the advancement of it
Zaphzaph  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 09 Feb 2021, 13:13

Welcome to this forum! I'm looking forward to this project! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 09 Feb 2021, 23:39

Oh excellent, I think the forum format is best for cataloging projects - posting pics on social media can be a bit disconnected but having a thread links it all in one place.

Looking forward to seeing some 1/72 ancients, but want to flag that Linear- A will be releasing a host of new minis, covering the Battle of Raphia, with planned sets of Seleucid infantry, mercenaries, cavalry, chariots and elephants. Don't know when they'll be released but prob this year: https://www.linear-a.de/new-master-figu ... rmal-sets/
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by Santi Pérez on 11 Feb 2021, 19:51

Peter wrote:Welcome to this forum! I'm looking forward to this project! :thumbup:

Totally agree with Peter in both matters. Be very welcome to the forum and very interested on your project, Zaphzaph. :-D

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Fire at Will on 11 Feb 2021, 21:50

I tend to use/recycle my Macedonians for most of my Successor armies just adding extras as needed.
Fire at Will  United Kingdom

Posted by Zaphzaph on 18 Feb 2021, 15:21

Hi guys, thank you so much for your warm welcome.

Peter wrote:Welcome to this forum! I'm looking forward to this project! :thumbup:

I believe that this forum is such a great opportunity for us 1/72 miniatures painters to showcase our work progress, it's inspiring !

Here is my progress so far the cataphracted elephant is almost done now.

I have to say that the shades and highlighting work could be improved, let me know your tips in order to improve :-D

On the two first pic you will be able to appreciate the work done on the armour and on the base as well.

The 4 following pic give you an opportunity to see it with various angles

Coming up next the complete crew...

A snapshot of my workshop

Zaphzaph  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 18 Feb 2021, 15:27

Nice looking elephant! May I suggest that you use some washes to get some shade and depth on your figures. ;-) :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Kekso on 19 Feb 2021, 18:00

Elephant is very nicely painted. As Peter said, use some washes. Especially on "golden" and "wooden" parts. I would also paint eye iris much larger.
Keep up with good work.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Return to Work in Progress