Work in Progress

Swiss Guard, Pope and Cardinals

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 04 Jan 2021, 01:50

It's so crisp and toylike as usual, I love seeing the step by step as well! Very rich colours!

Happy New Year!
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by Graeme on 04 Jan 2021, 11:37

His uniform may not be as flamboyant as the others but he still looks rather splendid.

Very nice addition to this wonderful project.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by sberry on 04 Jan 2021, 14:39

A masterpiece again! I am always speechless when I see this precision in the paintjob, I still cannot believe that such accuracy is possible at all in this scale.
sberry  Germany

Posted by Egbert on 04 Jan 2021, 19:44

sberry wrote:A masterpiece again! I am always speechless when I see this precision in the paintjob, I still cannot believe that such accuracy is possible at all in this scale.

...it is exactly like that! :drool:
The precision of your painting is outstanding. :oops:
Thanks my friend for showing!
Another masterpiece of your craftsmanship!
:thumbup: :notworthy: :thumbup: :notworthy: :thumbup: :notworthy:
Egbert  Germany

Posted by Ben90 on 05 Jan 2021, 14:50

Great work again! Maybe it is just me, but somehow I want to bite into it... :affraid: :xd:
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by MABO on 06 Jan 2021, 09:23

Ben90 wrote:Great work again! Maybe it is just me, but somehow I want to bite into it... :affraid: :xd:

:xd: :xd: :xd:
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 06 Jan 2021, 09:58

Ben90 wrote:Great work again! Maybe it is just me, but somehow I want to bite into it... :affraid: :xd:

Ben it is eye"candy" and not marzipan! :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Santi Pérez on 08 Jan 2021, 14:13

As always, thank you very much for your kind compliments, dear colleagues. It’s a pleasure to post every new job on the forum, no matter how insignificant it is, just to read your kind words. :love1:

Peter wrote:A happy new year for you to Santi!! And as you say yourself, a very nice start of the year! :thumbup:

Thanks, Peter. I think with this figure I have already fulfilled my obligations of the contract signed for 2021, right? (Not counting the popemobile, which is an independent task). :mrgreen:

santifernandez wrote:Very personal style, bravo Santi.

My personal painting style has already been debated in past threads of the forum, tocayo, hahaha. Fortunately, I’m lucky it’s liked by most. :winky:

MABO wrote:This figure is a really nice addition to your project!

OwenChpw wrote:It's so crisp and toylike as usual, I love seeing the step by step as well! Very rich colours!...

Graeme wrote:His uniform may not be as flamboyant as the others but he still looks rather splendid. Very nice addition to this wonderful project.

Thank you, mates. I hope that some of the figures waiting in the workbench could be nicer additions than this one. ;-)

sberry wrote:A masterpiece again! I am always speechless when I see this precision in the paintjob, I still cannot believe that such accuracy is possible at all in this scale.

Egbert wrote:...it is exactly like that! :drool: The precision of your painting is outstanding. :oops: Thanks my friend for showing! Another masterpiece of your craftsmanship! :thumbup: :notworthy: :thumbup: :notworthy: :thumbup: :notworthy:

Thanks so much, my friends. Let’s see. Why do you think it takes me so long to finish painting each figure? For because I don't consider it finished until I'm fully satisfied with the accuracy of the paintjob. :sweatdrop:

Peter wrote:...Ben it is eye"candy" and not marzipan! :mrgreen:

Well, Ben, you can try, but as PSR says, the material of Caesar Miniatures figures is "Plastic (Medium Consistency)". I hope you have good teeth and also good gastric juices. :tongue:

Best regards.

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Santi Pérez on 06 May 2021, 20:13

Although I have another figure ready for my Swiss Guard diorama (just waiting to be pictured), this post is to share the most important event for a Swiss Guardsman, and very inspiring for fans of this unit like me. :drool:

Today the swearing-in ceremony of the new Swiss Guards took place in the San Damaso courtyard of the Vatican. You can see the whole ceremony by clicking on this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ipK3iHQxLU

I hope you like it as much as me. ;-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Santi Pérez on 09 Aug 2021, 22:21

This post is not to publish new pictures of the diorama (although I have already finished the next figure), but to share good news I have received on the subject. ;-)

A few months ago I sent an email with some photos of my first diorama about the Swiss Guard to the Swiss Guard itself, along with information about the new one, without much hope of receiving a response. :(

http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19960&hilit=La+Guardia+Svizzera+nella+Piazza+di+San+Pietro

To my surprise, I have received today an answer from the lieutenant in charge of the media, in which he thanks me for the pictures of my "precious" work and is interested in receiving those of the new diorama once I have it finished. :drool:

This has encouraged me to decide that, when I can finish this project, I will not only send pictures to the Swiss Guard, but also to the Vatican Curia and the Pope himself. Perhaps, in a year or two, I will receive also an answer from them. :winky:

By the way, I will post the pictures of the new addition to the diorama in the next few days. My best wishes to all. :-D

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Bluefalchion on 10 Aug 2021, 04:32

The Swiss Guard Officer in charge of media clearly has a keen eye for talent, this we know because of his positive response for our dear Santi Peréz!
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 10 Aug 2021, 07:57

Wow fantastic to get an official response! Well done Santi! Would be great to get a response from the pope.
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by MABO on 10 Aug 2021, 09:48

I can imagine what this means to you. So I hope you recieve another answer when you have finished the running project as well. But here you will get it for sure!
MABO  Europe

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 10 Aug 2021, 11:20

That's great news, Santi. I can feel you when receiving the response from the Swiss Guard. And I commend you for having sent the pictures to them and hoped for a response: that's quite an optimism!! Kudos!
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Posted by Peter on 12 Aug 2021, 08:17

That is fantastic news Santi! :thumbup:

And how much did they offer you for the diorama? :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 12 Aug 2021, 09:16

Very nice work! And I think that you should talk to some baker and get your figures done in marzipan. They look very tasty as they are! Or in icecream.
Susofrick  Sweden

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 12 Aug 2021, 09:25

Susofrick wrote:Or in icecream.

Remco? Remco where are you? Oh you're on your way to Spain! To eat icecream soldiers you say? Okay have a tasty trip! :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Santi Pérez on 14 Aug 2021, 14:29

Thank you very much for your support and recognition, Bluefalchion, Owen, MABO, Mr. Andrea, Peter and Susofrick. ;-)

Bluefalchion wrote:The Swiss Guard Officer in charge of media clearly has a keen eye for talent, this we know because of his positive response for our dear Santi Peréz!

Thanks, Bluefalchion. I think that anyone of us would be surprised and grateful being the main character of any artistic representation, perhaps even the world known Swiss Guard, don't you agree? :winky:

OwenChpw wrote:...Would be great to get a response from the pope.

I think the same, Owen, although I'm not very optimistic about it. Regardless, I'll try when the time comes, you never knows what could happen. :lol:

MABO wrote:I can imagine what this means to you. So I hope you recieve another answer when you have finished the running project as well. But here you will get it for sure!

I value more the experienced opinion of forum members than that of other people out of it, MABO. :-D

Mr. Andrea wrote:...I can feel you when receiving the response from the Swiss Guard...

Really, my first reaction was incredulity, Mr. Andrea. Only afterwards, I could feel the joy of receiving such news. :drool:

Peter wrote:...And how much did they offer you for the diorama? :mrgreen:

This subject wasn't included in the email, Peter. Of course, my works aren't for sale. They are like children to me, and who would be evil enough to sell his children? When I want to give a gift to someone special, I don't charge anything. But for now, the Swiss Guard is not that special to me, hahaha.

Susofrick wrote:Very nice work! And I think that you should talk to some baker and get your figures done in marzipan. They look very tasty as they are! Or in icecream.

It's not a bad suggestion, Susofrick. I went to Toledo (the most famous city in Spain for making the best marzipan ) three days ago. I could have taken the opportunity to talk to a marzipan artisan to try it. I will write it down for my next visit. And, of course, much better in marzipan than in icecream because, in the last case, you could only enjoy the little figures in summer. :tongue:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Bluefalchion on 14 Aug 2021, 15:13

Only enjoy ice cream in the summer? Remco eats ice cream in every month of the year!
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Peter on 14 Aug 2021, 19:48

Bluefalchion wrote:Only enjoy ice cream in the summer? Remco eats ice cream in every month of the year!

Must be every day of the year! Even in his Christmas tree he has icecream! :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress