Work in Progress

Ming army project (Battle of Byeokjegwan,1593)

Posted by Wolfgang Meyer on 14 Aug 2021, 10:34

Your figures and painting are fantastic! :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
User avatar
Wolfgang Meyer  Germany
 
Posts: 577
Member since:
14 Jul 2011, 17:11


Posted by lirui on 07 Sep 2021, 16:54

Howlin wrote:Are you making this for a table top game? or massive diorama?

Hi Howlin:
You guessed right,massive diorama :-D


Image
Image
1-2 Two styles of southern armor 3、Northern or border armor


Image
User avatar
lirui  China
 
Posts: 205
Member since:
12 Jun 2014, 15:21

Posted by Peter on 08 Sep 2021, 21:14

Massive diorama? I'm ready! :coffee: :camera:
User avatar
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator
 
Posts: 20694
Member since:
25 Mar 2008, 18:51

Posted by OwenChpw on 09 Sep 2021, 01:48

Fantastic miniatures! Of course, he did the eyebrows in the middle figure, for full accuracy!

The Koreans had an art of wielding two swords but did the Chinese Ming dynasty soldiers do it too, as depicted with your first figure?
User avatar
OwenChpw  Australia
 
Posts: 487
Member since:
14 Jan 2020, 06:46

Posted by lirui on 17 Oct 2021, 14:17

OwenChpw wrote:Fantastic miniatures! Of course, he did the eyebrows in the middle figure, for full accuracy!

The Koreans had an art of wielding two swords but did the Chinese Ming dynasty soldiers do it too, as depicted with your first figure?


Korea was vassal state,military was all wiped out early in the war,"训练督监”founded in July 1593,it was a brand-new training department that the training and armament of the new army are all based on the Ming army.


Image
Image
Image
Image

佛郎机炮
Western cannon of the Ming era

At that time, it was introduced to China by the Portuguese. In Ming Dynasty, Portugal was called Farangi ,Firangi, it's all a misreading of the word Frank,so the cannon was named Farangi cannon.
User avatar
lirui  China
 
Posts: 205
Member since:
12 Jun 2014, 15:21

Posted by sansovino on 17 Oct 2021, 18:13

Very, very high modelling!
and
Great again! Can we hope to see once most of your miniatures combined in a diorama?
sansovino  Germany
 
Posts: 726
Member since:
27 Mar 2014, 21:42

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by lirui on 19 Oct 2021, 16:32

sansovino wrote:Very, very high modelling!
and
Great again! Can we hope to see once most of your miniatures combined in a diorama?


Hi,sansovino:
:stressed: It's too much work,insist on it so long was completely love & faith.
Spend time with family and pc-games, fitness......time passes quickly
I put them on the bookcase temporary
If the diorama is done one day, I'll go back to finish 1242AD- Battle of Lake Peipus,
Some of the figures made five years ago that you can see in the picture below, there were at least a hundred of warriors ,it was suspended then I started this project.
I've always been interested in Teutonic Order vs Russians.

Image
User avatar
lirui  China
 
Posts: 205
Member since:
12 Jun 2014, 15:21

Posted by OwenChpw on 21 Oct 2021, 01:53

lirui wrote: :stressed: It's too much work,insist on it so long was completely love & faith.
Spend time with family and pc-games, fitness......time passes quickly
I put them on the bookcase temporary
If the diorama is done one day, I'll go back to finish 1242AD- Battle of Lake Peipus,
Some of the figures made five years ago that you can see in the picture below, there were at least a hundred of warriors ,it was suspended then I started this project.
I've always been interested in Teutonic Order vs Russians.


There's never enough time in the day, and to think you have whole cabinets of miniatures which aren't a project log on here!
User avatar
OwenChpw  Australia
 
Posts: 487
Member since:
14 Jan 2020, 06:46

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress