General

A great gift and one of the reasons why I love this hobby

Posted by blacksmith on 12 Nov 2022, 15:10

This post is to give a huge thank to Jeff aka Jack Hooligan from Lead Adventure forum for his incredible generosity, and also to share it with you, people in the hobby. Jeff sent from USA to Spain all you can see below just because. I must say that when he told me he was going to send me a few figures I wasn't expecting such big and fantastic lot!

All these models together with magnets, bases, painting and shipping are worth quite money, but what I most appreciate is the gesture of generosity from one wargamer to another. I don't think these kinds of acts can be seen in other hobbies; and this is not the first one I receive or send, but never to big. So one more time my friend, thank you very much for eveything and let me tell that I will treasure and use them with the same love as if I'd have painted them.

I just hope this doesn't mean you're leaving the hobby.

So this is all he sent me:

A box of "Skaven" from Caesar miniatures that I had in mind to buy for a future project. Abot 40 miniatures.

Also from Caesar, Elves, OOP adventurers and Dwarves. I'm specially happy with the non-Gandalf miniature so difficult to get.

A full undead army that I'll be using next Summer for the LOTR campaign I'm planning.

Four nicely painted Cyclops from Dark Alliance that I was thinking about purchasing, and I'll be using in my next game.

A greatly painted metal 25mm. old Skaven miniature from GW to be used as Rat Ogre.

Elhiem metal 20mm. characters that I wanted but never ordered due to the excessive P&P they have. Now I have them all.

From the same lot, these two already painted up to good level plust on primed in grey, though I may rebase them in 2 cent coins. Now I have more casters that I possibly ever use, and a lot of characters for any RPG adventure!

blacksmith  Spain

Posted by Peter on 12 Nov 2022, 15:50

That's a fantastic gift indeed! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Bessiere on 12 Nov 2022, 17:10

Very generous of Jeff. He obviously believes you will get much enjoyment from them. I have to agree modellers are an excellent group of people and the folks here are as good as they come. My thanks to Benno and admins for keeping this virtual clubhouse going.
Cheers,
Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by MABO on 12 Nov 2022, 21:20

This is really amazing! So nice.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by santifernandez on 12 Nov 2022, 21:28

Bessiere wrote:Very generous of Jeff. He obviously believes you will get much enjoyment from them. I have to agree modellers are an excellent group of people and the folks here are as good as they come. My thanks to Benno and admins for keeping this virtual clubhouse going.
Cheers,
Bessiere

I totally agree with you, I don't know how long we'll be together but it's worth it.
Santi.<
santifernandez  Spain

Posted by santifernandez on 12 Nov 2022, 21:30

blacksmith wrote:This post is to give a huge thank to Jeff aka Jack Hooligan from Lead Adventure forum for his incredible generosity, and also to share it with you, people in the hobby. Jeff sent from USA to Spain all you can see below just because. I must say that when he told me he was going to send me a few figures I wasn't expecting such big and fantastic lot!

All these models together with magnets, bases, painting and shipping are worth quite money, but what I most appreciate is the gesture of generosity from one wargamer to another. I don't think these kinds of acts can be seen in other hobbies; and this is not the first one I receive or send, but never to big. So one more time my friend, thank you very much for eveything and let me tell that I will treasure and use them with the same love as if I'd have painted them.

I just hope this doesn't mean you're leaving the hobby.

So this is all he sent me:

A box of "Skaven" from Caesar miniatures that I had in mind to buy for a future project. Abot 40 miniatures.

Also from Caesar, Elves, OOP adventurers and Dwarves. I'm specially happy with the non-Gandalf miniature so difficult to get.

A full undead army that I'll be using next Summer for the LOTR campaign I'm planning.

Four nicely painted Cyclops from Dark Alliance that I was thinking about purchasing, and I'll be using in my next game.

A greatly painted metal 25mm. old Skaven miniature from GW to be used as Rat Ogre.

Elhiem metal 20mm. characters that I wanted but never ordered due to the excessive P&P they have. Now I have them all.

From the same lot, these two already painted up to good level plust on primed in grey, though I may rebase them in 2 cent coins. Now I have more casters that I possibly ever use, and a lot of characters for any RPG adventure!

A couple of months ago something similar happened to me with a well-known painter from Madrid, he has given me part of his collection so that I can enjoy the painting.
Santi.
santifernandez  Spain

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Xantippos on 13 Nov 2022, 08:11

Certainly great gift! and indeed some of those Caesar are hard to find, in my set I didn't get any Gandalf nor Gimli!

Those metal 20 mm figurines, are they compatible with 1/72?
Xantippos  

Posted by blacksmith on 13 Nov 2022, 10:57

Xantippos wrote:Certainly great gift! and indeed some of those Caesar are hard to find, in my set I didn't get any Gandalf nor Gimli!

Those metal 20 mm figurines, are they compatible with 1/72?

They are slightly taller and thicker than plastics but I'd say the work as special characters or heroes.
blacksmith  Spain

Posted by Santi Pérez on 17 Nov 2022, 19:43

Congratulations for such a fantastic gift, Javier! I envy the so generous friends you have, hahaha. ;-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by iskanderry on 07 Dec 2022, 17:00

That is such an amazing gift! What kind of project are you thinking of doing with miniatures?
iskanderry  United States of America

Posted by Bessiere on 07 Dec 2022, 20:01

Excuse me if I double post but what I see here is the ideal of how humans should treat each other. It's very heartwarming and when the news seems so full of negativity the forum has become an oasis for me. We're doing something right. Please consider supporting the forum if you can. I find the comraderie, tips and inspiration beyond monetary value.
Cheers and an early Merry Christmas to everyone,
Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Susofrick on 08 Dec 2022, 08:54

This is a very great gift! But someone very close to me would go nuts if I got more figures. She thinks one can have enough figures! :lol: :lol: :lol: :xd: :xd: :xd:
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by iskanderry on 14 Dec 2022, 21:04

I think what makes it a great gift is the fact that your friend listened to what you like and gave you exactly what you wanted. The most special gifts are the ones that show you that your friend cares for you and listens to what you want. For instance, on my last birthday my best friend gave me a basket of different kinds of chocolate, because she knows that to me, sweets are the best gift. That’s why I always try to listen to what my friends wish to receive, so when I buy them a gift, I know they’ll truly appreciate it.
iskanderry  United States of America

Posted by blacksmith on 15 Dec 2022, 00:21

iskanderry wrote:That is such an amazing gift! What kind of project are you thinking of doing with miniatures?

I'll be using them for a LOTR campaign and also for some standard fantasy games.
blacksmith  Spain

Posted by blacksmith on 15 Dec 2022, 00:23

iskanderry wrote:I think what makes it a great gift is the fact that your friend listened to what you like and gave you exactly what you wanted. The most special gifts are the ones that show you that your friend cares for you and listens to what you want. For instance, on my last birthday my best friend gave me a basket of different kinds of chocolate, because she knows that to me, sweets are the best gift. That’s why I always try to listen to what my friends wish to receive, so when I buy them a gift, I know they’ll truly appreciate it.

Yes, the best gift is knowing somebody who cares is listening to you :)
blacksmith  Spain

Return to General